• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

Here's Minnie Mouse!

And her side kick, The Pirate!

Mz. Tea Kettle
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Cute costumes!! Hey, that's the very same Minnie Mouse outfit my grand daughter wore for trick o treating! Of course she had to wear long sleeve t-shirt under her outfit as it was cooler here on the east coast!

Happy Halloween everyone! Have fun and stay safe!
      Lovena

Comment

Here's my completed "Hawaiian Kine Pig Hunter" costume!
        Attached Files
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Comment

I hope nobody is going dressed as Dog The Bounty Hunter!!!
            (Production on his show was just now suspended due to charges of racism. See the thread here.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The weather isn't looking so hot out there in Honolulu right now. Where I'm at it's currently pouring rain, and was drizzling steady over the coarse of the day. If it doesn't let up later tonight, I'll have to rename my costume "Hawaii SoggyFerry". lol
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Hauʻoli Heleuī!

The Pūnana Leo kids visited OHA today. Really cuuuuute!

http://www.oha.org/index.php?option=...491&Itemid=225
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

If anyone is interested, MauiToday is gonna be doing the Front Street Halloween party as a live stream (over 18 advised):

http://mauitoday.tv/index.php

Comment

Antonio's Costume put on by his mommy!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      Here's my finished Superferry "hat"...

I put a roof over the bridge to make it look complete. Also notice the image of the parking lot in the opening of the bow. I checked every car thoroughly. There were no invasive species aboard. lol

Here's the part I added that will make comments (and possibly threats?) very interesting!...

I was gonna' dangle it in front using wire (per Peshkwe's suggestion), but I glued them on instead. Keep it simple.

And here I am all dressed in black (like the Bunraku puppet performers)...

I have a diving hood covering my head and neck (it's open in the front of course). Kinda' Ninja-like.

I also sprayed the entire thing with a generous coat of protective clear matte acrylic in case it rains.

My costume is DONE!

Hey, just wondering what your night was like?
                      What kind of comments, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Antonio's Costume put on by his mommy!
                        He's going to look back at this and is going to thank you for not putting eyeliners on him.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Regarding the SuperFerry costume...
                          Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                          Hey, just wondering what your night was like?
                          What kind of comments, etc.?
                          Comments were mostly positive laughter like, "oh look.. the SuperFerry!". It was when I reached the International Marketplace bottleneck area in front of Macy's that things got a bit ugly. One (Haole) guy and his girlfriend physically attempted to slap it off my head and cussed, while another dude attempted to, I kid you not, kick me in the b@lls, while making some stupid remark. Luckily, my girlfriend was watching and quickly set him straight. REAL straight, and the guy BACK-PADDLED real quick. (Gosh how I love her for that!)

One of the police officers on duty made a cool comment... "brah, where's your protesters?". I actually never thought of that, but that would've been cool to have some folks protesting. lol

Overall in Waikiki on Halloween night ('07) it was 95% positive vs. 5% negative for my SuperFerry "costume"/hat/whatever you wanna' make of it. lol

When I walked into Duke's with it on, another Haole (and I'll say that loudly.... HAOLE) guy actually threatened me, physically. What an IDIOT. His friends were wise enough to discourage him.

That was the trend. HAOLES were the most hostile towards my Hawaii SuperFerry costume (yes, it was a racial trend; And I'm mostly "white"), so you can take that for what it's worth.

It's sailing next month, regardless.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Dude, you should've filmed your experience and post it up on YouTube. Never mind pixel out the idiots' faces. Leave'em for all to see.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              [...]That was the trend. HAOLES were the most hostile towards my Hawaii SuperFerry costume (yes, it was a racial trend; And I'm mostly "white"), so you can take that for what it's worth.[...]
                              This amazes me, Pomai. It was Halloween fer crissake. Were they just dumb drunk?

Comment

WOW POMAI!
                                What a night, eh?! I really didn't expect it to get that weird.
                                Glad you made it past the "protesters" though. HaHa!

Comment

Working...
                                X