X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzz1941
    replied
    Re: Toy memories

My Mattel Vac-u-form --- 50 years later and I'm still using it!

Leave a comment:

• Bob P
    replied

I was another old-school GI Joe guy - but also had a Marxx toy soldier play set that had all of the good old dangerous 1960's toys - like spring-loaded rockets that could crack the ceiling plaster if you shot them off inside the house. They may have been dangerous, but they sure were fun!

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

the atari 2600 made the toy hall of fame...just looking at the pic brought back memories of me and my cousin playing...

Leave a comment:

• cezanne
    replied

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post

Then there was Silly Putty, and the SLINKY !
    Sorry tiki, I didn't know that you had brought it up earlier.. re: Slinky.

But yeah I remember Silly Putty too. It came in that easter egg container. I think you could transfer newsprint and comics onto it... the cool thing was that it could bounce like a superball.

Ahh the original black superball... that's another one.

Leave a comment:

• SouthKona
    replied

The Simon game. It was one of the first electronic games, complete with lights and sound. It was a big round disk with four large button that each made a specific sound. You played by following the lead of the person before you, trying to duplicate from memory the "music" that was being created.

Leave a comment:

• nachodaddy
    replied

two words for me: Johnny Sokko

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

I have one word Q~BERT, man I miss Q-Bert

Leave a comment:

• oceanpacific
    replied

Soldier figurines, tanks, and cannons were big for us guys as little tykes.

My favorite was Fort Apache, with the cavalry and Indians, along with horses. Fort Apache was home to Rin Tin Tin and his master, Rusty, Lt. Rip Masters, and Sgt. O'Hara. I see sets on sale on e-Bay from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly0040
    replied

rofl that cabbage patch kid doll name is $$$hawt

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
    Forgot about this one... anyone ever had a Slinky?
    When I was a kid me and my neighbor Bruce had slinky wars trying to see who could get theirs tangled the worst as we shot them past each other holding the ends.

What walks down stairs...everyone knows it's Slinky!

Leave a comment:

• EastCoastTropics
    replied

The one toy that I would've loved to be good at playing was the Yo Yo! I used to watch the commericals (I think Duncan?) for them with envy.

Leave a comment:

• hawaiidreamin
    replied

No, they did not name that doll that....i'm imagining that...someone was pretty slick in the marketing firm and are having a good laugh now i'm sure...

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

My gf was just in Washington and found a Cabbage Patch doll..Gina Talia..and I am not kidding. She sent pics to the Tonight show. Those Cabbage Patch people have some sense of humor! A sick one!

Leave a comment:

• Kelly0040
    replied

My husband and I were talking about toys in the car not too long ago.

The coolest toys we had were the ones our parents bought for themselves.

I remember my parents bought a Nintendo set (with the robobot and duckhunt gun) and it was Christmas Eve and I snuck out to the livingroom to see if Santa had come yet and I heard my parents laughing hysterically with pow pow pow pow - then later on it was the noise the characters in Mario Bros. make when they hit the POW button. It wasn't til I was in college that I put it all together and realized my parents were playing with my toy from Santa.

My husband's dad used to buy him toys like a kit to build a radio and different science experiments so that if his kids didn't like them, he could play with them later.

I think the coolest toy that I still have is the Cabbage Patch Kid Snacktime doll that was yanked from shelves in the late 90s that would not only eat plastic food, but long hair, too! I also have one of the original "Little People" Cabbage Patch Kids, but that wasn't so cool then cuz mom had it wrapped in plastic so I couldnt play with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X