X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I think everyone should have a job in retail or the service industry because then they can see how not to be assholes.
    Whattaya mean? Everything I know about being a jerk I've learned from customers!

I could be helping a customer when someone else butts in and says, "I hate to be rude but can you..." Well then don't be rude and wait your friggin' turn you maggot.
    ...but can you tell me which way to the bathroom? Hey, I'm don't really want to interrupt, but I can't really wait who knows how long for something that should be 3 second answer.

Comment

Because games like that teach people that it's okay.
      Do movies that glorify violence and other anti-social behaviors teach people that it's okay? And even if they do, should they be disallowed? What about music that does the same?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Do movies that glorify violence and other anti-social behaviors teach people that it's okay?
        I'm not sure about teaching that it's OK, but I do think it does desensitizes us to things that should make us cringe at least a little.

Comment

I hate mosquitoes! Dinner hasn't started for us humans, but the mosquitoes are having a feast on my body. I can't do anything,because my setup is downstairs and I don't want to carry everything inside to escape the critters.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Do movies that glorify violence and other anti-social behaviors teach people that it's okay? And even if they do, should they be disallowed? What about music that does the same?
            The difference between video games and watching a movie or listening to music is that video games allow you to interact with the violence. You are the one doing the killing.

But like GeckoGeek did say, it does desensitize one to the horror and evil of violence.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I hate it when a business either changes their number and dont' update the phone book, don't have either a website or proper links or a combination of both.
              Also, I hate it when I see an email for a business and the domain name is either an ISP (AOL, RR, etc) or a free account - especially if they have their own website.

Oh, and now I know how callers feel when the phone either doesn't get answered or they have to leave a voicemail.

Comment

Shirts with tails in front but not in back. WTH?

And trousers or shorts without enough beltloops.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Ok............

Exactly WHO do you complain to when you get treated rudely at a Satellite Station ?????????

Oh man, this woman was getting nasty with everybody in the Kalihi station. The people for not having the proper paperwork filled out for them, the security guard for telling people to stand in the wrong line.

All I was doing was turning in paperwork for Commercial Vehicle parking permits for our company vehicles, that's all. And this witch snaps at me and scolds me for waiting untill the last second, and how it's too busy for her to do it now. Geeze Louise lady, I'm just the middle man. The packet was on my desk with the request for me to take this over to the DMV.

There were 3 women there, and two of them were nasty to everyone. On the way out, I patted the security guard on the arm and said "we need to give these women something so they wont be so grumpy" He just smiled and wished me a Happy New Year.

But seriously, do these people need to follow any type of customer service requirements at all ? Who do we contact if we're treated rudely ? I have this incredible urge to go back and pretend I can't speak english, and see how long I can get them to renew my car registration.

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

What really pisses me off is (especially at work)....

People who gets pissed off & jumps on my throat or on on my face about something without thinking & stepping back & looking at things first !!. WTF!!.

I think people just needs to get a reality check!!.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                      But seriously, do these people need to follow any type of customer service requirements at all ? Who do we contact if we're treated rudely ? I have this incredible urge to go back and pretend I can't speak english, and see how long I can get them to renew my car registration.

You could try filing a complaint with the County Customer Service Dept. If that doesn't work, try the State Ombudsman's office (although they will probably defer to the County). You could also complain to the Star Bulletin's Kokua Line (Call Kokua Line at 525-8686,
                      fax 525-6711, or write to P.O. Box 3080, Honolulu 96802.
                      Email to kokualine@starbulletin.com) and see if they will investigate the matter. If people don't complain about poor service, poor service is what will continue to be served.

Miulang
                      Last edited by Miulang; December 30, 2006, 09:11 AM.
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                        [...]If people don't complain about poor service, poor service is what will continue to be served.
                        Exactly! Good customer service is expected. However, I feel we should also compliment excellent service. Many companies have a policy that rewards those employees who go beyond the call of duty.

Comment

Drunken phone calls at 2am from the ex.

And the finding the ex drunk at my doorstep at 2:30 am.

It's the afternoon already and I'm still trying to get him out of my house.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            Drunken phone calls at 2am from the ex.

And the finding the ex drunk at my doorstep at 2:30 am.

It's the afternoon already and I'm still trying to get him out of my house.

Invite all your friend's kids over for a movie especially the 2-year olds that aren't potty trained and have them run around naked over "Uncle".
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Invite all your friend's kids over for a movie especially the 2-year olds that aren't potty trained and have them run around naked over "Uncle".
                              Hahaha!!! I'll remember that next time.

He left at around 4, right when my neighbors started using the chainsaw. They're doing construction on their house. Apparently the construction was too much for his hangover.
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

NEVER bring your laptop/computer out when fireworks is going off a few feet away. My laptop's keys are now dusty!

Comment

Working...
                                X