Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au!

After meeting Auntie Lynn tonight, I have to say that she and I are like two peas in a pod. Hooooooo man! God bless Kalihi!

Finally home.

Great time at La Mariana....and was such a blast meeting all of you there! Can't wait till the next one!

ETA: I'll pay good money to delete all the evidence of me. Thanks Haha
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      ETA: I'll pay good money to delete all the evidence of me. Thanks Haha
      Let me think on this for a few days.... do you wash cars by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        I've uploaded my photos of the festivities here. But there were plenty of cameras out, so no doubt the proceedings were well documented by others, and I look forward to seeing all the other evidence pictures.
        Thank you for your pitchers, Ryan. I know I'm not the only who appreciates being able to connect names with faces. Auntie Lyn, you're the best to arrange this party.
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Mahalo to all who came and made the Christmas Party a Success!

It was AWESOME from beginning to end!

Ohhhh! Wow! Ryan! You captured my new picture for my Blog next year! Nah, I no can wait. I going tell Blaine foa put up already...betta den da one I got now. Dis one shows clevage!

Next ~ HT's Annual Picnic in April 2007!

But if get anything in between...let's do it!

See ya!

Love and Aloha

P.S. Mahalo for the Pictures.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Good morning from beautiful (freezing) East Coast! Wow, what great photos! I wished I was there...everyone looks like they're having so much fun. And the place looks great! Get ono kau kau there? Hui auntie....you look gorgeous!!
            Lovena

Comment

Fun photos, Ryan and Blaine! And, Auntie? As I said to you last night..."Vah, vah, vah, voooooom"!!! Thanks so much for being the organizer and the accountant! The photo of you that Ryan posted is incredible. That should be your new lifetime avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Fun photos, Ryan and Blaine! And, Auntie? As I said to you last night..."Vah, vah, vah, voooooom"!!! Thanks so much for being the organizer and the accountant! The photo of you that Ryan posted is incredible. That should be your new lifetime avatar!
                Tutusue, I just did. He captured the REAL ME! Last night was a success because of everyone who came. I'm sooo happy it went well. Our waitresses worked hard and gave us excellent service. The place perfect for our gathering. I can understand your love for it. I enjoyed my dinner but most especially, the company I was with.

How's your beautiful Butterfly? It goes well with your tropical decor.

Auntie Lynn

Btw: Mahalo! ECT!!!
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                  I'm still at work, but I just finished. Am I too late?
                  I'm still there waitin' for ya, Maddie. Find your way to the back room where the booths are. I'm the one still under the table! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Oh...and, Auntie, I'm still trying to decide where to put the butterfly...home or office. Decisions. Decisions!

Comment

I'm the one still under the table! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
                    But are you the only one still under the table? Looking at those great pix from Ryan and Blaine, I couldn't help but notice most folks eyes, and I'm thinking y'all made a severe dent in Annette's liquor supply.
                    (Was she there last night, by the way? I know her health has been less than perfect recently.)
                    Sorry I couldn't be there to enjoy what was obviously a great event. Plenny mahaloz to Auntie Lynn, she of the fantastic new photograph! [/swoon]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      But are you the only one still under the table?
                      Yes...unfortunately!
                      Looking at those great pix from Ryan and Blaine, I couldn't help but notice most folks eyes, and I'm thinking y'all made a severe dent in Annette's liquor supply.
                      Probably not a huge dent. The restaurant was understaffed and our waitress (was she the only waitress last night?) was trying to keep up as best she could.
                      (Was she there last night, by the way? I know her health has been less than perfect recently.)
                      I got there at 6:45 and saw her in the office. It appeared her aide was helping her to head on upstairs. Maybe she was at her 'command post' prior to 6:45. Dunno. I did see her in the restaurant a couple of weeks ago during lunch. Gotta give Annette credit. At 92...or is it 94?...she still loves that restaurant enough to make an almost daily appearance. It wasn't but a couple of years ago that she would spend her evenings walking from table to table greeting every customer.
                      Sorry I couldn't be there to enjoy what was obviously a great event. Plenny mahaloz to Auntie Lynn, she of the fantastic new photograph! [/swoon]
                      Careful! She's feeling feistier than ever and might just give you whack whacks if you stop swooning!

Comment

Annette stopped by our party a little earlier, and oohed and ahhed at Hayden. At that point there were just four of us there, and she reassured me that everyone would make it. I thanked her profusely for... well, everything!

Comment

...Looking at those great pix from Ryan and Blaine, I couldn't help but notice most folks eyes, and I'm thinking y'all made a severe dent in Annette's liquor supply.

Probably not a huge dent. The restaurant was understaffed and our waitress (was she the only waitress last night?) was trying to keep up as best she could.
                          They had two servers, I believe. If I recall correctly, there were several semi-large groups there last night. I really like the place, though...and I can't wait to go there again.

D'Alani and I came up with a system to make sure that the drinks kept flowing -- order another one right when she places the drink in front of you!
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Was definitely great meeting all you strangers.

I can't believe Cran was hiding you guys from me all this time. ANyway, it was great meeting the new faces, and always great meeting up with the known faces.

And hey, tikiyaki...........

Let Angela know that I her myspace page wont allow people with band pages to request her as a friend, so she has to request me. My spacer page is on my signature below.

Can't wait to have an allstar jam session with the Tikiyaki and the Jdub !!

DD
                            www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

our waitress (was she the only waitress last night?) was trying to keep up as best she could.
                              She was trying to keep up with the orders... or with the drinking?

I did see her in the restaurant a couple of weeks ago during lunch. Gotta give Annette credit. At 92...or is it 94?
                              I stopped asking when she hit 70... about 40 years ago.
                              I've been in there 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months and she was there each time, greeting everyone as usual, though she had a friend helping her get around.
                              Wonder if she's had any offers on the business yet. Listed at $2 million, as I recall. Heyyyyy... maybe Auntie Lynn and her mom oughta buy it?! Can you imagine La Mariana run by Auntie Pupule? WheeeHAW!

Careful! She's feeling feistier than ever and might just give you whack whacks if you stop swooning!
                              You talking about Annette or Auntie Lynn?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

She was trying to keep up with the orders... or with the drinking?
                                My guess is...she wishes she was drinking!
                                I stopped asking when she hit 70... about 40 years ago.
                                I've been in there 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months and she was there each time, greeting everyone as usual, though she had a friend helping her get around.
                                Yep...it appears Annette has full time help now. I've noticed instead of walking from table to table, she now sits at the table just beyond Corky, where she can see everyone who enters the restaurant. She greets them as they pass by. If the attendant is close by then she'll approach the tables, with assistance.
                                Wonder if she's had any offers on the business yet. Listed at $2 million, as I recall. Heyyyyy... maybe Auntie Lynn and her mom oughta buy it?! Can you imagine La Mariana run by Auntie Pupule? WheeeHAW!
                                OMG...I'd have to retire in order to spend 24/7 at La Mariana!!! Go for it, Auntie! Seriously, one of the stipulations on the sale of LM is that Annette be allowed to live out her remaining days in her 2nd story apt. I hope whomever buys the business not only preserves the essence of LM but also makes Annette's remaining days as comfortable and happy as possible. She deserves it.
                                You talking about Annette or Auntie Lynn?
                                Both!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X