Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday - first day of Christmas shopping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday - first day of Christmas shopping!

"Black Friday" is what retailers call the day after Thanksgiving, the official first day of the Christmas shopping season, because they hope that that day's huge sales figures will put them in the black. Get it?

Are you all revved up and ready to plunge into the crowds on Black Friday? Or will you be avoiding the malls like the plague?

And, does anybody know of any really good deals coming up? Any shopping tips to share?

Re: Black Friday - first day of Christmas shopping!

Black Friday? Oh yeah...I am there, baybeee! That's why God gave us elbows.

pax

Comment

Every Thanksgiving as my Ohana celebrates the day...my nieces and daughters gather on a separate table and bring out the advertisements. With scissors, pens and chatter ~ dey go in a frenzy fanatic pace...finding deals to prepare for Black Friday!

It's FuN to watch dem!

Me...I stay home and let my daughters do da shopping.

Bumbye somebody push me and all hell going break loose!

Foa sure going be BLACK FRIDAY!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Some stores up here are jumping the gun on Black Friday...at least one store (Big Lots! a liquidator) will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 7 a.m.-11 p.m. for Green Thursday!

Plenty of holiday decorations were put up beginning last week. Before long, they'll start promoting Christmas right after the 4th of July.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Normally I'm one of those idiots who'll wake up at the first rooster's crow just to get my parking spot at Ala Moana.

But because mom and stepdad will be in Vegas for Thanksgiving I'll be at home sleeping in this year. Black Friday's just not the same without my mommy.

I'm pretty sure she'll be raising hell at the outlets over there though. Poor stepdad. I hope he's ready!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
            This is the reason why I think it should be called "Black and Blue Friday"

Comment

i know that lacy is gonna do a special holiday edition of urban pacific sometime in the next few weeks. if it's anything like the last event there will be some super nice one-of-a-kind accessories and clothes. if you're in to that.
              life is ok sometimes

Comment

There are lots of "Black Friday" blogs out there, and they've been leaking the national newspaper circulars for big chains like CompUSA, Circuit City, Sears, and the like for a while. Serious "Black Friday" shoppers have a list of what stores to hit when to basically do all their Christmas shopping in one day, and often saving a pretty penny. Whether that proverbial penny is worth the chaos, I don't know.

I know a coworker is planning on picking up a giant Vizio plasma TV, since they're going to sell for under $1,000 at some retailers on Friday. I personally haven't seen too many promised deals that have gotten me very excited.

Comment

Do they have a name for December 24th? Like "crammer's eve" or "procrastinator's eve"? That's me.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                    And WalMart
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                      "Black Friday" is what retailers call the day after Thanksgiving, the official first day of the Christmas shopping season, because they hope that that day's huge sales figures will put them in the black. Get it?
                      really? i thought it was cuz of all the black eyes that goes with fanatical shopping?@?@
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I loathe shopping! I used to love it but I don't any more. Last Friday hubby and I did our gift shopping. There are some mainland family members to take care of, but they'll be receiving gifts I buy online.

I even have our Christmas cards ready! Had them printed at Costco yesterday!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I was at work tonight and got a chance to see this Thursday's Home Depot flyer for Black Friday.

All I could say was, "Wow that's some great prices there".
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Best Buy 4.99 100 DVD's I will be there!
                            The rest I am buying online...I hope!
                            I hope WalMart's server does not crash from overload. I am waiting this year until 8 or 9 to hit the fabric store because last year I waited in line 2 hours to cutthe fabric and 1 more to check out!
                            I am a glutton for punishment!
                            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                            Sharing withother survivors...
                            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              I loathe shopping! I used to love it but I don't any more.
                              Same here.....in fact, I think grocery shopping is a waste of time! But one does need to eat!

As for my business....keeping my website open throughout TG. As for my part time job...I gotta go into work on black Friday...usually service my accounts on Tuesdays & Thursdays but they're closed on TG.
                              Lovena

Comment

Working...
                              X