X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Adrian, seriously, you've got to chill. I mean, I know Wal-Mart is known for its... customer service, but this just takes the cake. So, customers suck. Every ridiculous transgression makes you want to hit someone or throw something? C'mon. This is life in retail. If anything, it should be the best inspiration to aspire to something better.
    I'm a very kind person, and only resort to violence to protect myself from being killed.

I wasn't getting my anger out on anyone, I was just ranting about what I see when I work.
    And you're lucky Wal-Mart management isn't smart enough to figure out an Internet message board.
    who said they aren't? Maybe they're printing all of my messages as I type this and soon they'll present it as evidence against their store, and have me stand on trial for treason, then all of my websites and message boards I've been on will have to shut down and the world will end and the aliens will come then pluto will be hurling towards earth smashing into it like a comet then the dinosaurs will come back and take over the water then we can't drink anything then we'll all die!!!!!!

(and FYI, I was being sarcastic)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      Maybe they're printing all of my messages as I type this and soon they'll present it as evidence against their store, and have me stand on trial for treason, then all of my websites and message boards I've been on will have to shut down and the world will end and the aliens will come then pluto will be hurling towards earth smashing into it like a comet then the dinosaurs will come back and take over the water then we can't drink anything then we'll all die!!!!!!
      In appropriate internet message-board fashion, I ask: can you provide citations or links, please? Laugh, Adrian, laugh!

Comment

maybe you should think about a new job. i believe in giving good customer service, but you should also charge what youre worth.
        when i ran the internet cafe, i wouldnt type up someones resume unless they paid $50/hr (my standard rate) if they were totally helpless then sure, id give them extra service but if you want to dictate while i type up your resume, youre paying extra. kinkos probably charges alot of money to type up your resume, why should you give it away for $1 per page?
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Then:Then:Adrian, seriously, you've got to chill. . Every ridiculous transgression makes you want to hit someone or throw something? C'mon. This is life in retail. If anything, it should be the best inspiration to aspire to something better.

And you're lucky Wal-Mart management isn't smart enough to figure out an Internet message board.

Hey hey hey!!! Ya got something against Transgressors? Just because they dress funny das no excuse to single dem out!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            maybe you should think about a new job. i believe in giving good customer service, but you should also charge what youre worth.
            when i ran the internet cafe, i wouldnt type up someones resume unless they paid $50/hr (my standard rate) if they were totally helpless then sure, id give them extra service but if you want to dictate while i type up your resume, youre paying extra. kinkos probably charges alot of money to type up your resume, why should you give it away for $1 per page?
            I can read and take advice from people here, but when it comes to showtime, I'll probably revert back to my meek ol' self. Maybe I can charge $10/hour, but I'll never "exploit people for money" (I know its not that, but I feel like it is).

And yes, I'm in the process of "shifting gears" - getting out of the computer repair biz for a few months while concentrating at walmart (atleast there's coworkers to talk to). I just have to find someone to watch the store and take calls.

Comment

And oh how I hate burnt popcorn. That's the last time I followed the directions on the bag (the popcorn is done when there's 2 seconds inbetween pops).

What's worse, is that I forced myself to eat almost the whole bag.

Comment

Those stupid ass silhouette dancing ads. Gyrating silhouettes, bopping back and forth in the same computer-generated movements over and over again, on the perimeters of your screen. I've clicked off more than one site, based solely on the presence of those $^&&(*&%^&$** ads.

Comment

And oh how I hate burnt popcorn. That's the last time I followed the directions on the bag (the popcorn is done when there's 2 seconds inbetween pops).

What's worse, is that I forced myself to eat almost the whole bag.
                  Adrian...sounds like you need a breath of fresh air WalMart's code for all available associates to go outside and push carts.

Comment

Just call me the queen of getting songs stuck in her head.

Today's song?

THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM.

It's gonna be a long day.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Rainy, muddy day. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE when this sandy mud gets between my toes. I ain't wearing my dunks, AF 1's, or J's in this weather.
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        Rainy, muddy day.
                        I hate it when it starts to rain when we're at the other side of the parking lot. We then run to the store and spend a few seconds putting on our rain gear (raincoat and pants). When we get back out it stops raining!

And I hate it when someone (or something) prevents me from helping someone else. I offered a young couple to follow them home with their baby's playground set in my car since it couldn't fit in theirs, but since I was on the clock I couldn't do that (and I no more 2nd drivers insurance).

Comment

[...]And I hate it when someone (or something) prevents me from helping someone else. I offered a young couple to follow them home with their baby's playground set in my car since it couldn't fit in theirs, but since I was on the clock I couldn't do that (and I no more 2nd drivers insurance).
                          That's a nice gesture, Adrian, but I understand why you couldn't do while still on the clock. Just curious...could the playground set have been held in pick up 'til the end of your shift for you to deliver when off the clock? That would've been extraordinary customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            That's a nice gesture, Adrian, but I understand why you couldn't do while still on the clock. Just curious...could the playground set have been held in pick up 'til the end of your shift for you to deliver when off the clock? That would've been extraordinary customer service!
                            They had a baby in the car, so it'll be tough to keep the playground set at the store till my shift ended, while they go home to downtown, then come back (assuming they dropped off the baby) and let me follow them back.

And since I just started, I can't leave the property unless my shift is over.

But eventually we took everything out of the box and placed the pieces in the car.

Comment

Too bad WalMart doesn't have a rental truck like Home Depot. For $19 you can rent our flatbed truck for 75-minutes. For most people that's enough time.

If they came in with a car but own or have access to a truck but not that day, we offer a will-call service. You buy it tonight and we will hold it for up to 7-days for you to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                Too bad WalMart doesn't have a rental truck like Home Depot. For $19 you can rent our flatbed truck for 75-minutes. For most people that's enough time.

If they came in with a car but own or have access to a truck but not that day, we offer a will-call service. You buy it tonight and we will hold it for up to 7-days for you to pick it up.
                                I thought a store offered that service.

But since its walmart, gotta offer vehicles like station wagons (or hatchbacks) SUVs or pickups.

And tonight's pet peeve for me is hating a car that has dark colored paint. I washed my car this afternoon, and I found a few paint chips - mostly on the hood. I only spotted them because I wanted to clean her good, so its invisible to someone walking by. But still, at this rate, I'll have to do a repaint in a year.

(and yes, I just referred to my car as a female)

Comment

Working...
                                X