This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

- people who can't even find the cart bin to put their carts (they either put the carts in an empty parking stall, inbetween cars, or even hoist it onto a tree's curb). I don't mind the extra work, but don't blame me when carts hit your car because we're short of man power.

- people who exits the store, grabs their bags of merchandise, and leaves the cart on the sidewalk. People: the carts are there for you! Take it to your car, then leave it anywhere! The carts get piled up for a reason - because we're out there collecting the carts while you can't give it to an associate inside!

- people who take carts from our reserve line (in our case, its the row of carts fronting the store along the curb). You're just lucky we don't keep count, or else we'd be chaining them up. We collect carts for a reason: to bring it into the store for your convenience! You don't need to find a cart from the top bin and stroll it down to the store.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

so you're telling us not to take carts from the outdoor cart return corrals? I take em from there because it's easier for me to haul my kid in one while getting to the store instead of having him walk by my side in an active parking lot.

Plus Adrian, I'm helping you bring in stray carts. That's one less cart you have to bring back to the store.

Whenever I go to WalMart, I always park next to those cart return corrals because when I unload the cart, the return area is right there. Plus the side of the car that is adjacent to those corrals means no car door to dent yours.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        so you're telling us not to take carts from the outdoor cart return corrals? I take em from there because it's easier for me to haul my kid in one while getting to the store instead of having him walk by my side in an active parking lot.

Plus Adrian, I'm helping you bring in stray carts. That's one less cart you have to bring back to the store.

Whenever I go to WalMart, I always park next to those cart return corrals because when I unload the cart, the return area is right there. Plus the side of the car that is adjacent to those corrals means no car door to dent yours.
        Well, thanks for being one of the good people. And you can bring carts from the bins if you need to carry your kids or whatnot, but its the people who push in empty carts.

Oh, and please take the inside carts from the front end of the store bin - don't get in our way to get a cart that is 15 ft in the bin.

Today's pet peeve: I hate it when I have to find a house at night - especially if the addresses aren't lit or can't see w/out stopping and shining a flashlight at it (I have yet to get a flashlight for my car). Couple that with a bad phone number (or a number with no answering service) - that makes me really pissed. I spent as much time as I can w/out being suspicious trying to find a house, and when I tried to call the person, they won't answer the phone.

Comment

Is there a rule that carts have to be returned to the corral? I think it'd be polite, but the carts are for convenience, and they could be left wherever, so long as its stowed safely. Taking them off the property is a no-no, those things arent cheap. I think its $150 each cart. The security guard is supposed to deter that. Plus managers go out and round up carts as they are spotted or called in.
          Before you blow up, my first job was courtesy clerk at longs pali - and the job description includes rounding up stray carts. Later I worked as a clerk at a different Longs and yup, still had to round up carts.
          Now that I think about it, we'd sometimes have to wander around the neighborhood looking for carts.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
            so long as its stowed safely.
            The thing is, that sometimes people just leave it inbetween cars and sometimes in the driving path of cars.

It just boils my blood that I see people who can't walk the extra yard or so and place it safely into the bin.

When I go shopping, I always put the cart in the bin.
            Now that I think about it, we'd sometimes have to wander around the neighborhood looking for carts.
            Okay, suddenly my job doesn't seem as bad. Thanks for putting it into perspective.

Comment

HMPH...ordering a big order from Old Navy then 2 hours later a big sale coming online.

HMPH websites that shut down at 12am for maintenance when I want to shop until 3am!
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                The thing is, that sometimes people just leave it inbetween cars and sometimes in the driving path of cars.

It just boils my blood that I see people who can't walk the extra yard or so and place it safely into the bin.

When I go shopping, I always put the cart in the bin.

Okay, suddenly my job doesn't seem as bad. Thanks for putting it into perspective.
                Actually, it wasnt too bad, a pack of us would go out, split up and comb the neighborhood. We'd figure out where they usually end up (by kukui towers, near apartment buildings, etc) If its hot out then, yeah it sucks.

15 years later I was a buyer for Longs Moilili, and its a 3 story building yeah? So sometimes many carts would end up on the 2nd floor, so we'd run a whole train of carts down the ramp, with 1 guy at the bottom fending off traffic, and at the bottom of the ramp your have to get off the train and shove the lead cart to the side so it wouldnt go off into the street. Really fun, but I'm suprised no one ever got hurt.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Heres my newest pet peeve:
                  People Who Capitalize Every Word In The Sentence. (Usually On Other Message Boards).
                  Maybe People Get Annoyed When I Write Without Any Caps, But This Annoys Me Much More.
                  You Have To Wonder What School They Went To. Did A Teacher Never Correct Them Or Is This A New Thing Like AlTeRnAtInG CaPs Or Something?
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

You Have To Wonder What School They Went To. Did A Teacher Never Correct Them Or Is This A New Thing Like AlTeRnAtInG CaPs Or Something?
                    They actually have a name for TyPiNg LiKe ThIs.

TOGGLE CASE.

And those who type in TOGGLE CASE should be shot.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post

TOGGLE CASE.

HAHAHAHAHA

People want to be different. Sometimes they just don't know and will learn eventually. Be patient. It took me a long time to learn the ropes....I still make mistakes.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Did A Teacher Never Correct Them
                        My grammar is getting worse too.
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

TOGGLE CASE.
                          Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          It took me a long time to learn the ropes....I still make mistakes.
                          NT, next time anyone calls you a "head case," you tell 'em, "Not! I'm a toggle case!"
                          My grammar is getting worse too.
                          I hope she gets better soon...

Comment

TOGGLE CASE.

or lyke dis

(myb lyk ds or sum othr werd scerd wy)

But atleast 7 |<@|\| typ3 ly|< t4i$
                            (but atleast I can type like this)

*closes shop early to go home and lay down on bed*

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              NT, next time anyone calls you a "head case," you tell 'em, "Not! I'm a toggle case!"
                              I'll remember dat Monday morning wen I'll be laughing my Arse Off at dee State Capitol!

Yeeehaaaaa

Shhhhhh...no tell.

I'm a TOGGLE CASE!!!

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just hate it when I discover I have long pants when its raining! I thought my pants was at a good length, but when I got wet from the puddles, the water crept up my pant legs. Atleast with shorts, you can wipe off the water or mud from your legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X