This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Lately, it's been people on the highway trying to create another lane to get ahead of traffic not realizing that the rest of us in the lane has to stop when they decide to plow into our lane.

Comment

On the Big Island, motorists use the shoulder lane as the passing lane. The really stupid part about their reasoning is that the lane markings allow for passing on the left on certain intervals on the highway but they won't pass on the shoulder lane until they see the broken median lines. Otherwise they stay behind and tailgate you.

Then there's the people who needed to turn left but no left turn is permitted, so they drive a few hundred feet down the road and do an illegal U-turn so they can come back down the road to make the legal right. These kinds of people are appropriately labelled: Dumb ASS!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Has to be this spring cleaning stuff. Spent all day clearing old junk out of the spare bedroom so I can put in new junk.

Comment

This is probably in this thread somewhere but Im posting it as my pet peeve......."modified/souped up mopeds!! OMG, there was a pack of em last night of about 6 or 8 and they were going back and forth just irritating me to no end. I was in bed, close to midnight and these things were just sooooo annoying.

Comment

I've noticed recently that after I fulfill internet requests for CDs/DVDs from fans I've never met, I don't get any acknowlegement or confirmation that they even received the items. I have a rather extensive library of old UH games (football, basketball, volleyball), some of which go back to 1981.

I don't mind sharing these and I don't charge for my time as I have a lot of that. But, it seems that some people either have no manners or are simply "takers." No follow-through on promised reimbursement for mailing costs or supplies (blank discs are cheap, but still cost something, even if it's under a buck).

These people live on the mainland as far away as the east coast. It doesn't cost anything to send an e-mail, right?

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
              This is probably in this thread somewhere but Im posting it as my pet peeve......."modified/souped up mopeds!! OMG, there was a pack of em last night of about 6 or 8 and they were going back and forth just irritating me to no end. I was in bed, close to midnight and these things were just sooooo annoying.
              Hint: 20-pound test sugi tied across the street at oh let's say...neck level

Comment

[QUOTE=oceanpacific;146394]
                I don't mind sharing these and I don't charge for my time as I have a lot of that. But, it seems that some people either have no manners or are simply "takers." No follow-through on promised reimbursement for mailing costs or supplies (blank discs are cheap, but still cost something, even if it's under a buck).
                QUOTE]

Have them send payment or SASE first?
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

My normal inclination is to NOT charge anything, even postage, but they're the ones who insist on paying. So, I give them a nominal figure. Most will remit the $$$, but, some conveniently "forget" and just disappear.

Local guys will often overpay. One guy tossed a $20 bill through my car window and high-tailed it after I told him $5 was enough.

Comment

I just got my cable bill from Oceanic (I live on Maui), and basic standard service went up to $47.30 a month!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Hint: 20-pound test sugi tied across the street at oh let's say...neck level
                      Nah, manja (Indian glass coated kite flying line). Cuts cleaner and quicker, goes through bone and has proven itself several times over, albeit accidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                        Nah, manja (Indian glass coated kite flying line). Cuts cleaner and quicker, goes through bone and has proven itself several times over, albeit accidental.
                        Make sure it's tight so the cut is fast and humane...nah make it loose and let em suffer longer

Oh and nikki I think that amount is for their Standard package isn't it. Basic only covers the over the air broadcast channels.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Oh and nikki I think that amount is for their Standard package isn't it. Basic only covers the over the air broadcast channels.
                          I believe basic cable service is like $11.82 a month + tax ($10.35 if you live on the Big Island).
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

8 HOURS LABOUR
                            8 HOURS RECREATION
                            8 HOURS SLEEP

I'm getting too much of the first while not getting enough of the last two.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Since when does a man go into labor? And for 8-hours Must be those hormone treatments eh?

Comment

OOOHHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Have you seen the commercial, I foaget wat was foa, but the birds were having target practice on 'just washed cars'????

I think those birds are getting smarter everyday..

TODAY i was washing my kauwila~My BluBaBy had a photo shoot today & so it was detailed but when i pulled into my drive way I noticed little smudges here and there, so here i go and start wiping um down yea.....

Next ting I hear..."cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep" I look up and two birds are literally walking sideways on the telephone wire, RIGHT OVER MY CAR!!!

I threw a rock ...... they flew to avoid the rock...BUT came back and sat on the wire RIGHT OVER MY CAR again!!!

I threw another rock...they neva move....it was like they were taunting me...

huh, I gave up and MOVED MY CAR!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X