• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    8 HOURS LABOUR
    Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Since when does a man go into labor?
    Nah, nah - he's spending eight hours a day as a member of the ruling parliamentary party in the U.K. Probably in preparation for Tony Blair's departure.

Comment

I hate the light (or lack) of winds tonight. To make it worse, there were termites hovering around the lights and I got attacked by them. The people inside didn't know how good they had it (I wanted to just lay down on the floor and sleep).

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as bad, or else someone will be grumpy.

(oh, and the cart mule was fixed, but it now has to be controlled manually - which means slow speeds but atleast we're not suffering) (for the record, it took a little over 8 weeks to get it fixed)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I put a pan of water under a light. The termites went for the reflection of the light bulb and dove right in ............

I do this every year around swarming time.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
          This is probably in this thread somewhere but Im posting it as my pet peeve......."modified/souped up mopeds!! OMG, there was a pack of em last night of about 6 or 8 and they were going back and forth just irritating me to no end. I was in bed, close to midnight and these things were just sooooo annoying.
          *switches between as low a manly man voice possible and and a hopelessly off-tuned tenor screecher*

Bud Light Presents Real Men of Genius (Hawaiian Style)
          (Real Men of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Moped Souper Upper.
          (Mr. Moped Souper Upper)
          Any tourist can rent a crummy bicycle with an engine, but only you have the moxy to put a V-twin on it and fly up Diamond Head without a helmet.
          (YEAH!)
          Is that a volcano erupting? No, it's just your muffler.
          (Mine's louder than yours)
          You take an under-powered piece of junk and turn it into an over-powered piece of junk.
          (Get my motor running)
          So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, O' Maestro of the Motorbike. We'd sing your praises, but with that muffler, you couldn't hear us.
          (Mr. Moped Souper Upper)
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
            I hate the light (or lack) of winds tonight. To make it worse, there were termites hovering around the lights and I got attacked by them.
            Dear Adrain, Termites do not attack Humans! Termites are BLIND. Termites fly towards light because of the heat. It may seem they are attacking you because they fly blind. You may have a few land on you but not the whole swarm.

I got the above information from an Expert!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working as a cashier I sooooooooo HATE with a passion when Guests aka customers dunno HT wait their turn when they need to ask a question and YOURE thee one to ask. I am ringing up someone and my attention is focused on them...
              Someone comes by or asks me a question and expecting a answer in return.
              Nice guy me I will respond with a YES or a NO....
              IF they don't get it they insist that my attention to the person I am still ringing should be shifted to them!

I get asked a lot to hold PAID items being that I work in Lawn & Garden so that they can get da CAH so they can pu in sai their stuff....

Well this particular guest/customer sends their daughter in and she's keeps goin to me..
              EXCUSE ME I WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN HELP ME......
              yes I will be with you in a second... I am helping this guest and when I am done......
              EXCUSE ME I WAS WONDERING....
              (irratated) When I am done with this guest (pointing to the person I am with)

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                *switches between as low a manly man voice possible and and a hopelessly off-tuned tenor screecher*

Bud Light Presents Real Men of Genius (Hawaiian Style)
                (Real Men of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Moped Souper Upper.
                (Mr. Moped Souper Upper)
                Any tourist can rent a crummy bicycle with an engine, but only you have the moxy to put a V-twin on it and fly up Diamond Head without a helmet.
                (YEAH!)
                Is that a volcano erupting? No, it's just your muffler.
                (Mine's louder than yours)
                You take an under-powered piece of junk and turn it into an over-powered piece of junk.
                (Get my motor running)
                So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, O' Maestro of the Motorbike. We'd sing your praises, but with that muffler, you couldn't hear us.
                (Mr. Moped Souper Upper)

Okay, that? Was brilliant.
                "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Why doesnt Walmart have trash cans in the parking lot? Maybe thats why theres so much trash in the carts, Adrian =p
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                    Why doesnt Walmart have trash cans in the parking lot? Maybe thats why theres so much trash in the carts, Adrian =p
                    The Hilo WalMart has trash cans in the parking lot. Home Depot doesn't.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      There is, but like the cart bins, they're scattered (but some are near the bins). So, like the cart bins, its just a matter of people finding them and utilizing them for their correct purpose.

And you can put me in a room full of elderly people who needs their incontinence briefs changed, or in a bathroom full of backed up feces, but once I see and smell barf, I can barf myself. There was 2 barf messes at the entrance of our store tonight, one was cleaned up, but the other (which was right infront of the exit door) was sitting there for a few hours. I had to literally run away from that area, only to return while bringing in carts with my coworkers.

Weird, because the cart crew was fully staffed (3 people working) but the other departments weren't (the maintenance guy was on another duty)

Oh, and yay for gates! I backed up into one while I was reversing into my parking spot last week - I didn't notice the dent until I was at the beach yesterday. After I bumped the gate, I thought I ruined my rear lights, but they were fine to me. Atleast it wasn't a mirror...
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I Hope that this doesn't sound like an old repetition of my last rant.. But....

This is my mngr's last day today at work, but I wasn't even scheduled to work today, but she asked me to come in early, oh about 5 am, & she picked up today, too.

I asked her Thursday how long she wanted me to stay seeing as I wasn't even scheduled to work today, & she said when ever I wanted to leave, so I chose to leave around noon.

So...

in the morning it was just me while as my manager had to go to to the main storage to get some stuff, I was left with tending to other customers while I had to run & do the things I was required to do!!.

Let me tell you, it was hard work to do 2 things at the same time which it felt like it at the time!!.

Perhaps when she does leave, it will turn out differently as the DM will be the one to do the new schedulings.

You know how you have your battery life in your cell phone?
                        I have the X495, which has the bar on the left top corner of the screen.

Well, at the end of the day, I felt like I was running on less that 1 battery life on my phone. I got so burned out.

I end up stretching my energy way too thin by running around at work today because I ended up being by myself without help .

Around noon, I was just sooo glad that my hubby called me to pick me up & bring me home, which technically, saved he day for me.

Around 11:45 am, my manager wanted to me to do this & that, so therefore, I had to remind her that it was almost time for me to go which she understood, because my hubby was picking me up. Woo hoo. Thankgoodness for that.

Unfortunetly I wont have much time to rest on saturday, because I will be working again .

With all the work I am given with more hours, doesn't realy mean much to me because at this point, I would rather have less hours which makes me a happier person. .

Hopefully when the DM starts giving out the hours to everyone, things will start calming down for me & less hours. Hopefully.

btw - the DM has asked my manager to work part time in our company when she is off on her families new business, so I don't know how that will work out for either of them

Aloha.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                          I Hope that this doesn't sound like an old repetition of my last rant.. But....

This is my mngr's last day today at work, but I wasn't even scheduled to work today, but she asked me to come in early, oh about 5 am, & she picked up today, too.

I asked her Thursday how long she wanted me to stay seeing as I wasn't even scheduled to work today, & she said when ever I wanted to leave, so I chose to leave around noon.

So...

in the morning it was just me while as my manager had to go to to the main storage to get some stuff, I was left with tending to other customers while I had to run & do the things I was required to do!!.

Let me tell you, it was hard work to do 2 things at the same time which it felt like it at the time!!.

Perhaps when she does leave, it will turn out differently as the DM will be the one to do the new schedulings.

You know how you have your battery life in your cell phone?
                          I have the X495, which has the bar on the left top corner of the screen.

Well, at the end of the day, I felt like I was running on less that 1 battery life on my phone. I got so burned out.

I end up stretching my energy way too thin by running around at work today because I ended up being by myself without help .

Around noon, I was just sooo glad that my hubby called me to pick me up & bring me home, which technically, saved he day for me.

Around 11:45 am, my manager wanted to me to do this & that, so therefore, I had to remind her that it was almost time for me to go which she understood, because my hubby was picking me up. Woo hoo. Thankgoodness for that.

Unfortunetly I wont have much time to rest on saturday, because I will be working again .

With all the work I am given with more hours, doesn't realy mean much to me because at this point, I would rather have less hours which makes me a happier person. .

Hopefully when the DM starts giving out the hours to everyone, things will start calming down for me & less hours. Hopefully.

btw - the DM has asked my manager to work part time in our company when she is off on her families new business, so I don't know how that will work out for either of them

Aloha.
                          Oh by the way....

When my managaer told me on Thursday that she would pick me up on Friday, & she told me the time (I think it was 5 am, but I wasn't sure). So...

Thursday night when I asked her again (text her on her phone) what time was she picking me up, & her reply was "4:30 am on Friday". so...

I was ready by 4:30 am, & waited outrside by the driveway of our apartment, 15 minutes went by & she wasn't even there!!.

So I text by telling her to let me know when she is downstairs, because I was getting cold waiting.

So, when she finally arrived, it was 5: am!!.

She should have told me 5: am, so I c ould have gotten more sleep!!. but..., what~ever!!.

Aloha, any ways.

gotta go to work this morning. =(

Byeee.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Afta reading your looong Pet Peeve ~ I wanna sing "Take This Job and Shove It! I Ain't Working Hea No Moa!"

My Pet Peeve: I tried on my swimsuit for Memorial Day. Da bugga wen shrink!!! I know I neba gain weight. Yep! Da bugga wen SHRINK!!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Today I am angry that the mall I work at took the public trashcan away from my area & now people leave thier trash on my kiosk, or in my tiny little trashcan, & their trash always consists of messy foods which are now attracting flies.

This pisses me off a great deal. We've complained, but nothing has been done. They simply do not care.
                              <3 EriKa
                              ErikaMarie.us

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                Afta reading your looong Pet Peeve ~ I wanna sing "Take This Job and Shove It! I Ain't Working Hea No Moa!"
                                I wish it was that easy!. Now, we are short handed =( . I think 5 people including me, & we have not any other people come in to apply. =(

Yes, I know that it is not my problem & duty to stay, although, I do feel kinda bad that they are short handed so I help out with the days & hours I chose, & yes also I know that I will feel it physically & mentally later.

My Pet Peeve: I tried on my swimsuit for Memorial Day. Da bugga wen shrink!!! I know I neba gain weight. Yep! Da bugga wen SHRINK!!

Auntie Lynn
                                You know....

I have pants that are the same way, they ended up shrinking on me. lol. shucks. Dang it. lol.

What kine clothing is that?? I buy it, just to end up shrinking on me down the road. sigh. oh well.

Alohaz, any wayz.

Thanks Lynn.

Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X