X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    Actually, what I notice about this lady is...

when it is just her & I working together, she seems to to be mad or get mad rather easily (with me), but when there is a third person working with us, she seems rather nice to be around. I don't understand that type of logic at all!!.

Although looong before, it was much worse than that, so therefore, the manager, her & I had a little meeting to get it all squared out away,

& she changed her attitude, & started being nice once again, so I thought. So Now & then when it would be just her & I, well, now, I am affraid that do Is Have to be walking on egg shells again, or not even worry about it, & just hope for the best either for the same day or the next time I work with her alone again??.
    Oh by the way, after the manager left, she started going back to her old ways of getting pissed off about little stupid stuff!!

She started making me feel like crap all day, & started out with something really minute (mi~noot) & stupid.

Since I gotta work 1/2 day tomorrow, I Talked to the DM about her, atleast the DM will come in so that there will be a 3rd person around so that she wont give me crap all day, & the DM said that she would talk to her tomorrow. sigh.

I feel better in coming in tomorrow knowing that atleast there will be a 3rd person & so that she can't give crap at all. Thank God & Thank Goodness!!. =)

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

FYI -

Just to let you all know that I didn't post my rants just so that I can have a reply of "Poor you", thing.

I just posted it to have a pressure release if you will, or perhaps in a sense, similar to a blog or what ever.

To be honest, to me in actuality, it's kind of like a huge pimple that kinda been bugging me, & it hurts, so I squeez it to relieve the pressure, I know it kinda sounds gross, but that is the only way I can describe it.

Well, thanks for listening
      (or reading & underdstanding).

Aloha. =)

P.S. the DM did come in today, & she made the day a whole lot better
      (for me) by just coming in.

Later, my hubby & I will go do a dinner & a movie thing.

Yay!!.
      Aches & Pains

Comment

It pisses me off when a member of the service industry (myself included) don't care when they don't offer a hospitable and friendly service. Yes, you're working Sunday evenings, but either you're used to it or are forcing yourself to like it - or else you'd quit.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
          It pisses me off when a member of the service industry (myself included) don't care when they don't offer a hospitable and friendly service.
          Yeah Adrian, me too.

I run the Security Third Watch (4pm. till Midnight) at the Bishop Museum.
          We're still short a man, so 3 of us are working six nights a week and have been for over two months. We're tired, but that's no excuse to take it out on either staff or guests of the museum. I had to remind one of my men the other night.
          I responded to him by saying... "Yeah, it was a stupid request, but giving them an attitude was too!"

Sheesh...
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Speaking of "being short on staff".....

My work place is also short on staff,after the 17th, I am thinking of working atleast one day a week (not sure exactly which day it is yet), we are really short on staff, I talked to my mom about the plan I have & the situation at work, & she said that if I want to work one day a week, go a head, & I shouldn't let it make it my problem that they are short on staff, & they should try to work around the schedule I chose.

No, I'm not even the manager or the DM there, I just put in my days/hours & leave.

So, is that right??

If I so desire to only work one day a week, & I shouldn't worry about it, too much??

because lately I haven't seen any new co workers or anyone at all wanting to work there. Myabe it has been slow as far as work enthusiasm goes, or either that, the DM just doesn't want to hire new people, not sure in that department, yet.

Well...

Hope to hear anyone's reply sooon.

Aloha.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

Go for it Serenity!

The other choice is for them to lose you completely, so hopefully they'll (management) appreciate what you're offering.

Comment

Now for my "Pet peeve..."

This is so absurd it's funny, enjoy!

Prelude) I recently purchased a moped in preparation of giving my car away to a nice young 19 years old couple that are out on their own and trying hard.

Story) On Sunday I had a few buddies over and I let one use my stall, while I street parked. I gave him my parking pass to hang from the rear view mirror. We had a Great day and that evening he drove off with the pass. I got up in the morning and moved my car before 6:30am or it would be towed. Realizing that my pass wasn't in there, I left a big note on the dashboard saying... "Do Not Tow! Correct car for this stall. Thanks." My wife and I did some errands and whenever the car was parked at home I kept checking on it.

Climax) Today's the day (6/04) I'm giving away the car. Our plan is to meet at the museum 5pm. My moped is already there so I can drive home. At 2pm I took a shower to get ready for work and when I came out the car was gone! I called and it was towed to Sand Island and would cost me $143 to retrieve it.

End) I got a good friend who lives nearby to drive me out there and drop me off. I paid for the car, drove it to work, arriving JUST on time and gave it away.

Sheesh!!! I think the car was getting in one last dig. Gotcha! HaHaHa!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  Now for my "Pet peeve..."

This is so absurd it's funny, enjoy!

Prelude) I recently purchased a moped in preparation of giving my car away to a nice young 19 years old couple that are out on their own and trying hard.

Story) On Sunday I had a few buddies over and I let one use my stall, while I street parked. I gave him my parking pass to hang from the rear view mirror. We had a Great day and that evening he drove off with the pass. I got up in the morning and moved my car before 6:30am or it would be towed. Realizing that my pass wasn't in there, I left a big note on the dashboard saying... "Do Not Tow! Correct car for this stall. Thanks." My wife and I did some errands and whenever the car was parked at home I kept checking on it.

Climax) Today's the day (6/04) I'm giving away the car. Our plan is to meet at the museum 5pm. My moped is already there so I can drive home. At 2pm I took a shower to get ready for work and when I came out the car was gone! I called and it was towed to Sand Island and would cost me $143 to retrieve it.

End) I got a good friend who lives nearby to drive me out there and drop me off. I paid for the car, drove it to work, arriving JUST on time and gave it away.

Sheesh!!! I think the car was getting in one last dig. Gotcha! HaHaHa!
                  OMG!! haha, you are right it is so absurd it is just funny....sometime ya just gotta laugh....

My peeve today? Also so absurd it is funny.

My husband went to work lastnight as usual, he came out at his break 8:30pm only to find....a tornado picked up a stack of pallets and yes, dropped them on our van!

No one else had anymore damage than a few dents, but we lost a windshield and side of the van! .....and 2 pallets sat atop our car...

There are no tornadoes in Virginia, they told me...HA

Only in hubby's parking space! A witness said "well, it wasn't actuallt a tornado, it was a downdraft and become tornado like, then went back into the clouds"....

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck??
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Today's Pet Peeve is any company that can't send their people to my house anywhere near the appointed time that they chose/offered to me!

The local phone company that's been plagued with problems since they were bought out, the landline company on island offered me an appt. for this afternoon when I phoned them yesterday morning, and I said yes, anytime....after 12:30 PM. Well, the person on the phone sounded vague, as if they weren't sure it could be afternoon, saying "I'll tell them you prefer afternoon" with a vague tone in the voice. I clearly said I wouldn't be here, as I had an appt. this morning.

Then three? or so hours later, yesterday, a repairman phones from the pole outside the house and said he'd be coming in the house shortly. I informed him that no, he would not cuz I had an appt. for what at the time was "tomorrow afternoon."

Then, this morning at 8:30 AM approx, and before I was to jump in the shower for my busy morning....a knock on the door and this dude also thought he was about to come in the house. Not happenin...I was of course polite to both dudes and both were with me, too. However, their company needs some retraining and clarity on what they call "appointment."

I know a company can't usually know exactly when they will get here and I don't expect them to. I have no problem with appointment "windows." Just try....try to get close to it and don't take for granted that you're gonna send someone to my house on the wrong day or wrong half of the appt. day and get away with it.

Most amusing of all is that the really BAD static they were coming out for....is completely gone.
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                      If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck??
                      Then it must be my ex-wife, Plaintiff.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

two pet peeves today:

1. the term "near miss," which is used, strangely enough, in the medical industry (makes absolutely no sense to me--i'm not a clinical person--i came into this industry by accident. **ba dum bum!**)

anyway, at the moment i can't think of any term in the english language that is stupid (maybe the term was born that way, snarksnarksnark). if you nearly missed hitting something, then you didn't hit it, which is good. what the term should be is "near hit" bcs you nearly hit something, which is good in the sense that hey, at least you didn't hit it, but it may be bad bcs you may have some sort of error in your process that may make a future recurrence of the same process an actual hit.

2. i dreamt about my efftard ex last night. in my dream, as it was often in past reality, i was afraid of him and that he would hit, choke, or otherwise inflict pain upon me. i ended up stabbing him many many satisfyingly juicily messy times (in my dream, of course). it's been many years since i last saw him (in real life, of course) and the fracking frackwad frackwiping dinglefrack fracketer doesn't even live in this country anymore. i swear, if not for these dreams i'd have forgotten what he looks like. i've certainly no remembrance of what i saw in the fffdf anyway.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Why is it that, on tv, every time a male and female character clash it's because of SUPRESSED SEXUAL ATTRACTION? It can't be a simple difference of opinion or just imcompatible personalities, oh no it's ALWAYS ABOUT TEH SEX.
                          "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Speaking of TV...
                            How come when I watch Comedians on #76, which I enjoy and sometimes get to,
                            they constantly aire "Girls gone whatever" commercials.

They're just too d--- much.

Comment

... you go and pick up your pay check, then when you're about to turn into your workplace parking lot, you realize you picked up your paycheck last week, and it was going to be ready next week.
                              ... you're hungry for a particular food item, and a store doesn't have it.
                              ... you have an idea and keep it in your head, but when you get home you forget about it.
                              ... even though you wear a raincoat/umbrella, your clothes still get wet
                              ... you prepare for a software installation, and expect it to finish when you come back, but when you come back 15 minutes later it prompts you for a serial, then takes the next 15 minutes to finish!

Comment

... when your competitor tried to intimidate you (or in my case, my boss) plus sends someone and hands out cards where you work (and a coworker got one).

Comment

Working...
                                X