This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Why is it that "Help" screens in software frequently don't?

In this instance, a photoediting program called Paint.net, which is a freebie which kinda takes the place of MS-Paint on XP. I'm not usually excessively stupid, but trying to figure out how to add one layered image on top of another is driving me crazy, and the "Help" pages are borderline useless. The authors assumed a basic competence level that the newbie doesn't necessarily have.

Grrrr. Anybody got any tips?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Why do a lot of people feel they need to 'Get Something' in order to give?!

Here's the story. My wife had a few lady friends over when I came home. I get to lock my moped right below our lanai so they saw it. We've all been friends for years and they are very sweet. Another good friend gives to the local (blank) community here and is struggling at the moment. She rides an old beat up moped that is constantly in the shop lately, which messes her up for work. The ladies came up with a Great idea. To get this community together and have everyone donate what they can in order for us to buy our fellow friend a brand new moped. Just between the six of us we put in $500. So now I contacted a few of the men and others contacted ladies. We'll see what comes of it.

Now for the "peeve" part. I've heard a few negative comments already. I won't say, it's unnecessary.

But it was also suggested/required that the ladies cook curry and roti plates to sell as a fundraiser.

Why require getting something? Why not just give to a lady that has gone out of her way for years to help these same people?

Yeah, I'm peeved!
      Last edited by Menehune Man; June 13, 2007, 08:39 PM.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

When people throw litter out their car windows. A candy wrapper hit my a pillar of my car when some idiot I let in just stuck his arm out and let this candy wrapper go. It goes flying in the air, and strikes my car's a pillar, scaring me.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

• Re: Pet Peeve of My Lifetime

PUBES...ON...SOAP!!!

I've encountered this problem my whole life growing up in my parents'[ home...

...and my dad is a hairy-a**ed Portugese dude with more shedding than Home fricken Depot. He had his own washcloth in there at all times...but this still happened regularly.

Thankfully, from when I was around ten, my mother was sympathetic enough to let me use a separate bar.

I still quiver during Irish Spring commercials
          Last edited by DKP; June 14, 2007, 02:07 PM.
          Sing with me, everyone!
          "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
          like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
          The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
          http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

oops, double post............
            Sing with me, everyone!
            "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
            like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
            http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
            The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
            http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DKP View Post
              PUBES...ON...SOAP!!!

I've encountered this problem my whole life growing up in my parents'[ home...

...and my dad is a hairy-a**ed Portugese dude with more shedding than Home fricken Depot. He had his own washcloth in there at all times...but this still happened regularly.

Thankfully, from when I was around ten, my mother was sympathetic enough to let me use a separate bar.

I still quiver during Irish Spring commercials

As disgusting as that post was, I tend to agree wholeheartedly
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                When people throw litter out their car windows. A candy wrapper hit my a pillar of my car when some idiot I let in just stuck his arm out and let this candy wrapper go. It goes flying in the air, and strikes my car's a pillar, scaring me.
                Adrian if a candy wrapper scares you I'd hate to imagine how you'd control your car when a bird hits your car.

Now here's one along that line though. Some pro smoker tosses her lit butt out of her car and for some reason the draft behind her car allows the butt to drift right into my open driver's side window landing the lit butt right on my lap slightly burning my pants.

The beautiful part of this was this female ended up in the same parking lot as I was heading to so after she left I relit her butt and placed it on her convertible roof. Revenge is so sweet and to think the cigarette lighter in my car actually did it's intended purpose.

Comment

I come home and there's a van parked in my stall. Das not the first time. I'm pisst. A man gets out and walks away...I asked him where's he's going? He's going to get the driver. I walk to the guard shack and get Security. He comes with me. He finds out where the Driver is. He comes back to the Van and gets into it. I tell him what are you doing? "I'm going to move it."

"No, you're NOT!..that's not you're JOB! Call the Frixken Tow Company cause I ain't moving my vehicle!"

The Tow Truck came and towed the Van. I parked Leimomi.

I'm having Bad week....it just got better.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You should have been the facilities manager at the Gas Company. We have company stalls on Kona Street (the part of Kona street the Gas Company owns) but periodically someone would park their cars in our stalls. Our manager would tell me to just park it inside the facility and he'd put a note on the windshield.

I tell him, "What about the sign regarding illegal parking and the threat of towing?" He tells me he doesn't want to cause trouble.

OKAY then why the heck put up a sign if you don't have the guts to follow thru. The illegal motorist knows that and will park there anyway then.

Every noon time I would have to endure that to the point where I just parked inside every afternoon I came back from lunch. Why bother already. I tell the manager I'll consider parking in my stall when he decides to do his frickin job and tow the next bastard's car away as he's instructed to do by our own company policies regarding parking.

No guts. Thanks Auntie for that post!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      No guts. Thanks Auntie for that post!
                      You're welcome Craig!

Btw: Remember my promise to you on the Lumpia's?heheheh Well, it just so happens, I'll be coming to the Big Island and delivering it to you in person. I'll be there in Sept. Hmmm...maybe an HT get to-get-together?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        You're welcome Craig!

Btw: Remember my promise to you on the Lumpia's?heheheh Well, it just so happens, I'll be coming to the Big Island and delivering it to you in person. I'll be there in Sept. Hmmm...maybe an HT get to-get-together?

Auntie Lynn
                        Ho right on Auntie, you come my house for dinner okay?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Ho right on Auntie, you come my house for dinner okay?
                          Shua!!!If das the case..I teach you how to make Lumpia's and I'll cook dinner!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

... when you get into a fender bender with a cute girl, but when you pull over, there's no damage to both cars. I know she noticed me noticing her noticing me. (and I was supposed to hit her, not she hitting me - if you know what I mean)

(and no, no one got hurt. Luckily I adjusted my headrest prior to heading out, because that saved me.)

Comment

Adrian, was the accident caused by that scary flying candy wrapper (henceforth to be called a SFCW)?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                Adrian, was the accident caused by that scary flying candy wrapper
                                nah. It happened a few hours after that incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X