• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Nuances "are," if you please.

Bwah-hah-hah!

Honk-honk!

(Just teasing here - not peeved at all.)
    OI! you're absolutely right...ya got me on that one!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Today's pet peeve, is when I forget my laptop's power cord at home. Now I'm stuck surfing the internet (when there's no computers to fix) with my neck looking 2 feet up.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

... fart cans (aka loud exhausts) from ricers. There's this one guy who's been running around my area of the neighborhood for a few minutes. To make it worse, my area has some ricers, and potential imports-turn-to-ricer (my car included). It makes me mad enough to track the owner down and stick a potato in his exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
          ... fart cans (aka loud exhausts) from ricers. There's this one guy who's been running around my area of the neighborhood for a few minutes. To make it worse, my area has some ricers, and potential imports-turn-to-ricer (my car included). It makes me mad enough to track the owner down and stick a potato in his exhaust.
          Won't you get the same effect by just buying one of these?

Comment

It pisses me off to no end that when I spend a long time filling out an application online, then when I submit it, the page either times out, or the webserver's database can't accept the application!

It makes me want to infiltrate the company's webserver area, login and fill out an application on the database itself!

Comment

I hate those guys in brown uniforms in the airport area that hand out tickets/citations and get THEIR information all screwed up…..case in point….sister was visiting from Maui and went 2” into a crosswalk and was cited for ‘undue lack of care’….whatever…..called a police station to clarify what this was and to find out what the fine was for this ‘violation’…found out that this a new pedestrian law and that I needed to call the Sheriff’s office because they are the ones handing those cites out…..call to the Sheriff’s office and no one can tell me what the fine or fees are….in the meantime we check the ticket for a court date only to find that a Saturday date was listed…..called the courts to confirm and am told that the court date is supposed to the 6th of August but that they handwriting was bad so it looked like a ‘4’…ha ha ha……then asked the same clerk to confirm that the court date is indeed the 6th …puts me on hold and then comes back to tell me that the court date is actually the 9th……So I ask, “Are you sure???” to which I am rudely told ‘YES, didn’t you understand what I said the first time?????’ Ouch! Me, being the cynic that I am, called the court back one more time & was finally told that the court date was indeed the 9th! WHEW!

Comment

This is petty but it bugs me nonetheless. In grocery stores, etc., those divider sticks used to separate one's items from the next person's items on the conveyor belt...PUSH THEM TO THE BACK! It just irritates me when the cashiers stick it near them. Don't they realize it's the folks in the back who need it, not the one they're servicing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
                  This is petty but it bugs me nonetheless. In grocery stores, etc., those divider sticks used to separate one's items from the next person's items on the conveyor belt...PUSH THEM TO THE BACK! It just irritates me when the cashiers stick it near them. Don't they realize it's the folks in the back who need it, not the one they're servicing!!!
                  I usually put a divider after my purchases, for the person behind me. It's not just to be polite, but I don't want my items to get mixed up with theirs. I noticed a lot of people don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
                    call to the Sheriff’s office and no one can tell me what the fine or fees are….in the meantime we check the ticket for a court date only to find that a Saturday date was listed…..called the courts to confirm and am told that the court date is supposed to the 6th of August but that they handwriting was bad so it looked like a ‘4’…ha ha ha……then asked the same clerk to confirm that the court date is indeed the 6th …puts me on hold and then comes back to tell me that the court date is actually the 9th…
                    The court date on the ticket is wrong? What about the date listed for the citation itself? Depending on your luck, faulty paperwork is sometimes grounds enough to get it thrown out... though you're still inconvenienced insofar as you have to appear to make the request.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                      I usually put a divider after my purchases, for the person behind me. It's not just to be polite, but I don't want my items to get mixed up with theirs. I noticed a lot of people don't do that.
                      I totally do that! I do not understand why people don't! It is an act that indicates the end of your transaction. What the pho? Here, pay for this? Sometimes, and I cannot help myself, I put the one in front and make a huge display out of putting one in back. Well, not that huge. Well, maybe huge.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                        If you're behind someone who doesn't bother putting a divider after their goods, why get peeved? Just put your stuff there and see if they end up paying for it. I'm sure that will make them think twice the next time. If they're gonna pay for it, just start grabbing all the magazines and candy off the shelves above the counter too.

Comment

People who tailgate me when I am driving.

Either have 1 car space behind me per 10 miles per hour or I will go exactly the speed limit till that person changes lanes (I wouldn't be on the fast lane doing this so don't worry). So many accidents occur because of lack of reaction time/stopping distance.

If anyone tries to blind me at night with their 8000 watt SUV beams I will simply flip up my mirror.

Just because so many others are becoming frenzy-fied on the streets here doesn't mean I'm gonna just to 'keep up with traffic' (and turn the roads into death traps). Tailgating usually gets you to your destination slower, as hole-shots tend to 'magically' open up for you if you show patience and courtesy on the road anyway (gee...I wonder why )
                          Sing with me, everyone!
                          "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                          like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------
                          http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                          --------------------------------------------------------------
                          The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                          http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

children who stay up yacking after they've been tucked in! Then, they won't get out of bed in the morning!! argh!!!!!!
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              children who stay up yacking after they've been tucked in! Then, they won't get out of bed in the morning!! argh!!!!!!
                              You don't SOUND peeved; you actually sound kind of amused.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                You don't SOUND peeved; you actually sound kind of amused.
                                Oh it is sooo hard to be Mean Mommie when the stuff they are yucking up about is hilarious!!!! I'm usually out of here before they wake for school; it's dad's job to get them up, fed and to school in the morning. That can be challenging. But really, do kids ever get enough sleep? Do any of us (as I type this at 4:06 a.m.)?
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X