X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    And non-links shouldn't! That's why I avoid underlining for anything to be used on-line.

I find italics aren't always that visible. I tend to use bold.
    I would tend to agree with this. But I think in proper English language use, italics should be used for items like book and movie titles.

Bold is usually used for headlines and sub-heads.

But I know in many cases, bold is used to create emphasis. The problem I have here is that some people overuse bold or other typographical options in their paragaphs to a point where you end up with an ugly hodgepodge of bold, italic, underline, overstrike and other font options all used at once.

That can make for unreadable, ugly type. Some people like to use way too many font styles within the same writing or writing, that you end up with something that is horrible looking and hard to read.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      Pet peeve: A mite (or some such small critter) that keeps buzzing your head. Worse, it manages to fly by your nose right when you're inhaling (argh!)
      Mosquitoes that buzz near my ear or leave a bite long after they have gone.

Yep, I also hate little insects that fly in your nose... gotta blow em out as soon as that happens!
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I dread searching for new software to use with a new Operating System (either in Linux or Vista).
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

ITS REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO READ AN ENTIRE POST THATS ALL CAPS BOLD RED NO PUNCTUATION THAT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON FOR WHAT SHOULD BE SEPARATE PARAGRAPHS BUT ISN'T ITS ONE VERY VERY LONG PARAGRAPH THAT I NEVER BOTHER TO READ CUZ ITS WAY TOO HARD ON THE EYES AND JUMBLES MY BRAIN NOT THAT THATS ALL THAT DIFFICULT TO DO IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THIS IS PRETTY MISERABLE TO TRY AND READ ISNT IT OKAY OKAY IVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE POST EXACTLY THIS WAY BUT I HAVE SEEN POSTS WITH ALL CAPS AND OTHERS WITH NO PUNCTUATION STILL OTHERS IN RED NOT TO MENTION BOLD AI YI YI YI YI

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            ITS REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO READ AN ENTIRE POST THATS ALL CAPS BOLD RED NO PUNCTUATION THAT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON FOR WHAT SHOULD BE SEPARATE PARAGRAPHS BUT ISN'T ITS ONE VERY VERY LONG PARAGRAPH THAT I NEVER BOTHER TO READ CUZ ITS WAY TOO HARD ON THE EYES AND JUMBLES MY BRAIN NOT THAT THATS ALL THAT DIFFICULT TO DO IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THIS IS PRETTY MISERABLE TO TRY AND READ ISNT IT OKAY OKAY IVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE POST EXACTLY THIS WAY BUT I HAVE SEEN POSTS WITH ALL CAPS AND OTHERS WITH NO PUNCTUATION STILL OTHERS IN RED NOT TO MENTION BOLD AI YI YI YI YI
            OMGWTFBBQLOLRTFLLMAOSLVRRAZRMOTOSPKRS!

(Yes, I hate it when people talk in all caps. I wish there's a way to revert everything back to lowercase.)
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              You forgot to include random occurrences of italic, strike-outs, underlining and sudden changes of fonts within that run on sentence / paragraph.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                You forgot to include random occurrences of italic, strike-outs, underlining and sudden changes of fonts within that run on sentence / paragraph.
                MY BRAIN GOT ALL SCRAMBLED I MEAN FRIED FROM TYPING THAT MESS I GUESS I DONT SEE MANY STRIKE OUTS OR SUDDEN FONT CHANGES EXCEPT WHEN SOMEONE USES A DIFFERENT FONT FOR THE ENTIRE POST DOES THAT MAKE SENSE I HOPE SO

Comment

Using different colors and sizes of type in addition to what you already did would greatly add to the annoying unreadability. Try this... Yellow type on a yellow background! Or maybe even this... white on white.

TOO BAD THERE ISN'T ANY SCRIPT TYPE TO USE IN ALL CAPS!
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    Using different colors and sizes of type in addition to what you already did would greatly add to the annoying unreadability. Try this... Yellow type on a yellow background! Or maybe even this... white on white.

TOO BAD THERE ISN'T ANY SCRIPT TYPE TO USE IN ALL CAPS!

Damn that almost looked like a hostage note
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Ow.
                      My eyes hurt now.

That's my peeve for today; everything else is going nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Ow.
                        My eyes hurt now.

That's my peeve for today; everything else is going nicely.
                        I'm so sorry...wait I just created an HT Apology Thread Registry just so those of us who need to say, "I'm Sorry" repeatedly throughout the day can do so by simply linking their post to this URL: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...871#post158871
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Damn that almost looked like a hostage note
                          Back in the old days when desktop publishing first became commonplace to the untrained masses, there were people who actually created print publications that looked like that. And if some people had their way, they still would.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Just a minor irritant...
                            I went to "China walls" @ Port Lock for a swim this morning and there were around 25 fishermen doing their thing all along the area to jump off and get back up! so I skipped the swim and just explored around the corner. Great save, but not what I wanted. Oh and I found a recently placed Geocache there.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Hawaiian won't let passengers get on earlier flights w/o paying a service charge of $25 or joining the Premier Club anymore. I guess they'd rather keep my flight packed to the gills and not let me get on a flight that has just 28 people.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                                Just a minor irritant...
                                I went to "China walls" @ Port Lock for a swim this morning and there were around 25 fishermen doing their thing all along the area to jump off and get back up! so I skipped the swim and just explored around the corner. Great save, but not what I wanted. Oh and I found a recently placed Geocache there.

Consider your life saved! It's blowing out here and it looks kinda gnarly out at China Walls. Nothing worse in this neck of the woods than the wail of a fire rescue accompanied by the corgie who lives next door. Haunting. And frankly, I wish all the guys who think they are the greatest surfers around would just paddle out to China Walls instead of dropping in on the bunny slope I ride a few breaks away.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X