X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Consider your life saved!
    Nah, I's been a'goin' dea since hana butta time. An' was mellow dis mornin'.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      Hawaiian won't let passengers get on earlier flights w/o paying a service charge of $25 or joining the Premier Club anymore. I guess they'd rather keep my flight packed to the gills and not let me get on a flight that has just 28 people.
      That is one peeve I have about the local airlines. The change fees suck. They never had that back in the good ol' coupon days. If any interisland airline wants to cultivate customer loyalty, they ought to find a way to offer coupons or at least get rid of those expensive change fees.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Heck, they used to even announce if any passengers with tickets for a later flight wanted to go now to board at gate x.

Although that may have gone away becuae of the need to match passengers with their baggage.

Comment

Looks like today started off as a bad day. The soles of my shoe came off (stupid walmart quality - no relation to the experience I had working with them) after I crossed the street on my way to the bus stop. I went home to change shoes, but found that my shirt was drenched in sweat, so I changed shirts, and when I got to the same spot my shoe fell apart, I realized I forgot my phone, and I could see the bus coming down the street! Thinking that I wouldn't need it today, I sprinted to the bus, which stayed at the bus stop for a few minutes waiting for someone. Fast forward to work, and a coworker wanted a phone number from my phone, but I told him I don't have my phone. Then for no reason, the internet cafe computers wouldn't connect to the main server, so I had to work on that for a while.

Yeah, it all sounds petty, but that's what's been happening to me today, and I just needed to bring that out.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
            Looks like today started off as a bad day.

Yeah, it all sounds petty, but that's what's been happening to me today, and I just needed to bring that out.
            Feel better now?

Good.

Have a Great Day!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Feel better now?

Good.

Have a Great Day!

Auntie Lynn
              kind of. If you hear someone screaming in the area, it'll be me.

Comment

kind of. If you hear someone screaming in the area, it'll be me.
                Where? I go come SCREAM with ya!!

I'm good at it!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  Where? I go come SCREAM with ya!!

I'm good at it!

Auntie Lynn
                  Fort Street Mall, the store's name is "Gadget Guyz" - between subway and Hawaii Theatre.

Comment

Microsoft is lucky I have to learn Vista to support our customers, or else I'm reformatting my computer and going back to XP. I can't even open the files on 2 USB flash drives because its not vista compatible. One of them is a Geek Squad usb drive (yes, I know its weird for someone competing against them to use their product) and another is a 2 year old usb drive I've been using for school.

Comment

Wait! So, you mean any USB flash drives we have are useless if we buy a new machine?!? Surely someone has come up with a way to fix that?

MS is in real trouble if they don't think of something. We all spent way too much money on those damn things to begin with and now not to have access to the data?
                      Aloha,
                      Evelyn
                      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
                        Wait! So, you mean any USB flash drives we have are useless if we buy a new machine?!? Surely someone has come up with a way to fix that?

MS is in real trouble if they don't think of something. We all spent way too much money on those damn things to begin with and now not to have access to the data?
                        I guess that's my next project to figure out.

this is the current flash drive I'm using that I bought from Sam's Club. The others, like I mentioned, was bought atleast last year (the geek squad flash drive I bought about December/January time).

Comment

Great. Now the bench computer I was supposed to use to backup the files to test the thumb drives won't even boot.

This day just keeps on getting better and better.

Comment

I guess that's my next project to figure out.

this is the current flash drive I'm using that I bought from Sam's Club. The others, like I mentioned, was bought atleast last year (the geek squad flash drive I bought about December/January time).
                            Adrian, check out this list of Vista ReadyBoost-compatible flash drives.

And this sublink shows which of the LG flash drives are compatible/incompatible with Vista ReadyBoost.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Adrian, check out this list of Vista ReadyBoost-compatible flash drives.

And this sublink shows which of the LG flash drives are compatible/incompatible with Vista ReadyBoost.

Miulang
                              I already know about the readyboost, I'm talking about accessing USB flash drives in Vista - to get data off of them.

Comment

I already know about the readyboost, I'm talking about accessing USB flash drives in Vista - to get data off of them.
                                But wouldn't ReadyBoost compatibility also affect whether or not those older flash drives would work on Vista? Some of the stuff I've read says that many of the older drives have random searches that are way too slow for Vista.

Or the ubstor directories might be corrupted. Check over here.

Miulang
                                Last edited by Miulang; August 13, 2007, 05:03 PM.
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X