X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Hey! I love Angela Davis' Afro!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
      I hate it when people come into my office and stink like they haven't bathed for months.
      Sometimes, just the right comic shows up on my computer...

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
        I apologize if I offended anyone. I really didn't mean to.

I thought this thread was to say whatever you wanted, just to get it out and done with. I should be more sensitive that ohers may take offense. Sorry!
        Very little offends me. I'm pretty thick skinned. I thought your "mainland types" quote was cute. I learned long ago not to let things like that bother me. As I said before, I'm viewed as a mainlander here (sometimes) and as an islander (always) there. Sometimes it bothers me when islanders voice negative stereotypes of mainlanders. But it also bothers me when mainlanders voice negative stereotypes of islanders (which happens more than the other way around). Oh well, I just view me as me and if others don't like it, oh well - their loss. BTW, just to clarify, I shower every day .

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
          BTW, just to clarify, I shower every day .
          As do I, a Mainlander. But (thanks to the Alpha Female's influence), I have adopted a common Island habit - showering at day's end and going to bed clean.

Comment

I hate it when people take stuff (especially at work) and don't either return it ASAP or don't tell me.

My manager took our clearwire modem over the weekend, and didn't return it so far. We lost a couple of customers who wanted to jump online this morning. Luckily, a coworker carries his clearwire modem around (see, it is portable) and after readjusting some settings, we're back online.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
              I hate it when people take stuff (especially at work) and don't either return it ASAP or don't tell me.

My manager took our clearwire modem over the weekend, and didn't return it so far. We lost a couple of customers who wanted to jump online this morning. Luckily, a coworker carries his clearwire modem around (see, it is portable) and after readjusting some settings, we're back online.
              Is that allowed, taking things from the "office"? I presume it was for personal use?
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                Is that allowed, taking things from the "office"? I presume it was for personal use?
                We make the rules on the spot, and I assumed he thought no one would be in the shop this weekend so he took the modem for his use (I don't know what) but another coworker noticed it gone yesterday.

I hope he realized that we lost a total of 3 customers for the internet cafe, and he knows every customer counts.

Oh, and my manager did return the modem, so I had the fun assignment of resetting every computer connected to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                  We make the rules on the spot, and I assumed he thought no one would be in the shop this weekend so he took the modem for his use (I don't know what) but another coworker noticed it gone yesterday.

I hope he realized that we lost a total of 3 customers for the internet cafe, and he knows every customer counts.

Oh, and my manager did return the modem, so I had the fun assignment of resetting every computer connected to the internet.
                  Make the rules on the spot? This is not hawaiian-style touch hand football, it's a business! Well, think of it as job security, resetting every computer that is. Why do I sense an update soon in the 19 year old seeking...thread?
                  ___
                  "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                    Make the rules on the spot? This is not hawaiian-style touch hand football, it's a business! Well, think of it as job security, resetting every computer that is.
                    Well, I gotta put my networking degree to work some how.

Why do I sense an update soon in the 19 year old seeking...thread?
                    Hopefully, to say I got a 2nd job.

We're pretty relaxed here, and us relying on one another to get things done. Its one of the reasons why I'm keeping this job instead of dropping it when I get another one.

Comment

Lots of pet peeves on threads. This thread may very well have the largest number of posts and will soon cross the 20000 views marker making it in league with the handfull of "super threads".

Comment

I hate it when people

... don't use their headlights when its after the sun went down
                        ... block part of the road where I should be able to see cars coming.
                        ... speed in neighborhood areas

Those three pet peeves were combined into one UBER PEEVE! this evening when I was parking into my parking spot. I see a car about to cross my path when I rolled to the stop line infront of my house, and didn't see anyone else (or their lights), and I casually enter my parking space. Then I saw a car speeding at 25mph (the speed limit is 15) so I gun it into my parking space, stopping 2 inches infront of the wall. To make it worse, I think I scratched my bumper because there's a dip as I enter my parking spot (usually I don't scratch my bumper because I enter so slowly).

Comment

I's got's none.
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I tend to not have too many pet peeves...unless I go to Home Depot Iwilei. Today I went to HDI!!! 'Nuff said...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              As do I, a Mainlander. But (thanks to the Alpha Female's influence), I have adopted a common Island habit - showering at day's end and going to bed clean.
                              So do I! I would say that 99% of my mainland friends shower in the morning. But that means they go to bed hauna. I mean... you know. Sweat during the day, put on pj's or nightie or whatever... then the sheets get all hauna... eewwwww. It's fine if they wanna do it. But not me. And not dh, either! He can't come to bed unless he showers first. Ho da mean, yeah?

Just for kicks I tried it once, to go to bed without a shower. I got into bed and lasted maybe 5 minutes. Couldn't stand it! Got up and showered, got back into bed feeling much better!

My friends say, how dirty you gonna get during the day if you work in an office or are mostly sedentary?

For me, dirty enough I gotta shower before bed!
                              Aloha,
                              Mokihana

Comment

I hate it when I forget to retrieve a drink from the freezer after chilling it. Now I gotta scrape mountain dew from my cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X