This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

When you're in a bank filling out your deposit/withdrawal tickets, etc...and someone enters the branch and runs ahead of you in line to get a better spot...without filling out their tickets...and then they end up taking longer w/the tellers and making everyone wait longer.
    Sing with me, everyone!
    "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
    like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
    http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Hey! An idea for a new product...deodorizing hair spray!!! I don't think once a week hair washing is all that unusual. My mom used to wash her hair once every 2 weeks because she couldn't stand the fly aways that come with clean, fine hair. It took a week of hair spray to calm them. I don't ever recall an odor much less a foul odor.

Body Mint rocks! Works from head to toe!
      There is (was) a hair spray product back in the 70's called Psssst. You spray it on like a hair spray and brush it out. What it did was a dry wash of your hair making it smell great (again).
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Today's pet peeve is the way women shop. A lady came into the store asking for a car charger. Asking her what phone is that, she said "the flat one". In my head, I said, okay, that narrows the field down from 1000 to about 50. I got a glance of her chest, I mean, her phone, and saw it was a samsung - the T809 to be specific and I saw that she was looking everywhere but the samsung section. I got the car charger, but as I turned to her, she was gone, just walking through the door. She then turned to me, and asked the price, which I told her, and she said she'll be back.

Luckily she was eye candy, or else I'd be pissed.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
          Today's pet peeve is the way women shop. A lady came into the store asking for a car charger.
          It's not limited to women, it's more of a person not being aware of what they got and assuming everything is one size fits all.

Comment

Looks like I have a pet peeve every hour today.

Someone came in asking about clearwire service, and I tell them about it. He goes outside and looks at our window, then comes inside and asks if he could use the internet. I let him go online, and 30 minutes later, he's about to leave, but I stopped him, saying he has to pay. The look on his face turned to shock, then after he said that he thought he could try the clearwire internet (we do have clearwire kiosk, but its off to the side, away from the internet cafe part). I show him the sign that it was an internet cafe, along with the prices, and the shock on his face wouldn't go away. We both get arrangements for his payment, and I confirmed his phone number by calling it on my phone. A few minutes later, I get a phone call, asking who called this number. I played it off until I recognized the voice, but by the time I recognized the voice and made the connection, he hung up.

It'll be a year next month since I've been here, and that was the first time I had someone like that in here.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
              Today's pet peeve is the way women shop. A lady came into the store asking for a car charger. Asking her what phone is that, she said "the flat one". In my head, I said, okay, that narrows the field down from 1000 to about 50. I got a glance of her chest, I mean, her phone, and saw it was a samsung - the T809 to be specific and I saw that she was looking everywhere but the samsung section. I got the car charger, but as I turned to her, she was gone, just walking through the door. She then turned to me, and asked the price, which I told her, and she said she'll be back.

Luckily she was eye candy, or else I'd be pissed.
              maybe you should be pissed. sound's like she got a 5-finger discount to me.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Some HT threads are becoming more licentious. Maybe that's not exactly the word I'm looking for. I don't want to know what you see, how you do it, how to groom it, or even when you do it! Heck, it's even invaded the kaukau thread.

Some things should be left between two parties. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
                  Heck, it's even invaded the kaukau thread.
                  Oh, LikaNui! You gonna get lickin's now! (Oh wait - maybe that's part of the problem here...)

My current peeve: I injured my wrist at a gig on Saturday (actually, while playing games with some of our hula keiki, between gigs), didn't really notice until another gig on Sunday - and it's still hurting today. And we have the big festival in Kalama coming up this weekend, with music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I need my wrist back in good shape for playing this weekend, please!

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
                    Some HT threads are becoming more licentious.
                    Most of us got a Naughty License when we registered on HT. Didn't you get yours?

I don't want to know what you see, how you do it, how to groom it, or even when you do it!
                    I kinda agree with you there. A little tiny bit. But then again, if you're easily offended, exactly why are you continuing to read a thread whose title clearly states that it's about female genitalia?!?

Heck, it's even invaded the kaukau thread.
                    Have your attorney call my attorney and they can take a meeting or something.

Some things should be left between two parties.
                    What's usually left between two parties are some empty kegs and discarded pizza boxes. But they were good parties.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

heheheh....

Nothing moa to add to the LikaNui's PosT

Naughty Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Changing topics here - as amusing as they have been! I am sooo upset right now. I just need to vent. I went to make a call on my cell phone and got a message that I have been disconnected due to an unpaid balance. Not only have I paid my bill, but I have the canceled check to prove it! And I can't get a human being to talk to! I have to go with EST business hours!! So now I am without a phone until tomorrow - that is, if I can get it straightened out. Ahhhhh !

Comment

That's a legitimate peeve. Make 'em give you a free month of service! Threaten to complain to the appropriate government agencies if they don't.
                          Let us know what happens, k?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                            [...]So now I am without a phone until tomorrow - that is, if I can get it straightened out. Ahhhhh !
                            How frustrating. I hope they give you a free month (or more!) for the trouble they've caused you.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              That's a legitimate peeve. Make 'em give you a free month of service! Threaten to complain to the appropriate government agencies if they don't.
                              Let us know what happens, k?
                              Heh...looks like we're on the same page, LN...AND...that you have your pitbull uniform standing by!

Comment

Thanks for the moral support. I just may stay awake until they open at 6:45 est. That would only be 12:45 am. I just upset enough to stay awake that late.

Comment

Working...
                                X