• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lei K
    replied
    Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    ...but I'm glad that certain somebodies "messed with" other certain somebodies from different cultures in the past, which culminated in my present existence and mixed-up bloodlines. Ain't no cultural purity in my ancestry - nothing I can do or say to change that. Not proud - not ashamed - just glad to be here to observe it all.
    Indeed Leo. I like to think I'm a mix of Hawai`i's history in a person minus the Northern European haole, Japanese, Okinawan, Filipino, or Korean parts. I get plenty of them in my 'ohana though.

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

And for the record you know I'm fond of you Mr. Menehune and your sensual intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

I understand where you are coming from Mr. Menehune but with all due respect we are supposed to live in more pono times where people are supposed to have rights. Why should indigenous peoples have to live like the people who took over their land? Where are their rights to be who they have always been? Why do they have to evolve into who we are to make us happy?

I'm no expert on Fijians, Tahitians or other Polynesians but don't many of them still live traditionally in their own land. Their numbers are still strong in their own land, yes or no?

And by Indian I'm assuming you don't mean from India? First People, Native Americans, (not sure which is the most right title) they have government programs and such and nation within a nation status, do they not deserve that?

As for ancient history I would like to think that humans have become a lot more compassionate, learned from the past and would like to stop making the same mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    I'm sorry the Hawaiians were messed with by Americans.
    I'm sorry the Fijians were by the British and Tahitians by French.
    I'm sorry the Indians were messed with by... everyone.
    I'm sorry the original Brits were messed with by invading armies.
    I'm sorry the Romans messed with everybody.
    I'm sorry the caveman living next to the other caveman got messed with.
    ...but I'm glad that certain somebodies "messed with" other certain somebodies from different cultures in the past, which culminated in my present existence and mixed-up bloodlines. Ain't no cultural purity in my ancestry - nothing I can do or say to change that. Not proud - not ashamed - just glad to be here to observe it all.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

I'm so tired of the same old whine.

Okay here we go...

I'm sorry the Hawaiians were messed with by Americans.
    I'm sorry the Fijians were by the British and Tahitians by French.
    I'm sorry the Indians were messed with by... everyone.
    I'm sorry the original Brits were messed with by invading armies.
    I'm sorry the Romans messed with everybody.
    I'm sorry the caveman living next to the other caveman got messed with.

Just deal with it folks! Live your life the best you can, try and provide for your family (by working, not asking for handouts) and stop whining.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

You know what pissed me off this evening? A client called me at my home phone number, demanding me to fix his computer just a few minutes ago! I only give my cell phone number to clients I finished repairs for, as a good gesture for better service since I know where they live, but this guy must have looked up my last name (I don't even remember giving it to him - we did talk story a lot, so maybe it slipped my mind) and called.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

I hate it when I get motion sickness - from watching a video.

This is why professionals get paid a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    Today's pet peeve:
    I hate it when they fill up a cup half way with ice and fills the rest with the drink.
    what? i hate it when they fill it up with ice and then put in the soda. more ice=less soda. when i worked at BK i had specific requests to only put in 5 ice cubes, or no ice so people could get the most soda for their $1.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I'd really like to catch the idjits who rip off the Ronald McDonald House donation boxes outside the McDonald's drive thru windows.
    Now, that is something legitimate to be peeved about. (See, Adrian?)
    And as much as I feel sorry for the family of the victims, I'm peeved at that guy this morning who crashed his car near the Hygenic Store in Kahalu`u, killing himself and his 9-month-old son. At 8:30 in the morning he was driving 80 to 100mph... in a 35mph zone.
    Lost control, hit a power pole, sliced the car clean in half and the pieces were 75' apart from each other. DAMN.
    If some idiot wants to commit suicide by speed, go ahead. But risking the life of a baby too?
    Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

A result of my McD's drive thru experience today...
    I'd really like to catch the idjits who rip off the Ronald McDonald House donation boxes outside the McDonald's drive thru windows. And, if I can't catch 'em, I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Karma comes along and whops 'em upside the head. What low lifes. I can't imagine McDs staff leaves money in the boxes overnight but I can see how the boxes might be overlooked. Still...

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    [...]Adrian, please re-read post #278 above, k? And let's try this idea -- every time you post a 'peeve' here, how about also posting something good that happened that same day?
    I can't imagine how you get along with so much negativity every day, but I sure do wish you well.
    High 5, LN. I had a roommate who, every day when she got home from work, would blast thru the door ranting about everything that went wrong that day. No "hi", just paragraphs of rants. I finally sat her down and offered a compromise...if she would come thru the door and tell me 3 positive things about her day I would willingly listen to everything negative no matter how long the list. She couldn't do it, even when I cut her off with a reminder. It just wasn't part of her nature. I just can't imagine living like that. She's still like that and as much as I value her friendship, I now take her in very small doses...maybe 3-4 times a year. And, each of those get togethers begins with a lengthy rant. I now tune her out.

Adrian, LN and the others are right. Don't sweat the small stuff 'cuz, at your tender age, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!!! And maybe even archive this thread so that in 30-40 years, when you've experienced some of what life can hand you, you can look back on it and, hopefully, laugh!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

There are rare circumstances where the five-letter word that begins with "b" and rhymes with "twitch" applies. You may have just described one, Blue.

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

I dislike it immensely.....

when my mother in law tells me to divorce my husband, because she would like him to move back in with her...can you say CUT the umbilical cord already??!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    I hate it when they fill up a cup half way with ice and fills the rest with the drink.
    Isn't "hate" a rather strong word for such a minor thing?
    Adrian, please re-read post #278 above, k? And let's try this idea -- every time you post a 'peeve' here, how about also posting something good that happened that same day?
    I can't imagine how you get along with so much negativity every day, but I sure do wish you well.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    what does that tell you?
    that I have a lot of time on my hands?

If I was so pissed off at that job, I wouldn't be posting about it - I'd quit already. This offers me a way to vent and possibly prevent me from going postal on my coworkers or even on the customers.

Plus, some of those posts aren't even about the walmart job.

Today's pet peeve:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X