• Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Hurrah!!! That's good to hear!
    Thanks LL

Comment

Our Second Anniversary is fast approaching. I remember meeting a fragile sweet woman in a wheelchair at KauKau Wagon's Annual Thanksgiving's Celebration. DD performed that Saturday. You came up to me and asked "Are you Auntie Pupule?" I answered "Yes!" You've taught me many things about Life. You taught me about Kidney disease and what to expect on MAMA's dialysis treatment. You and your family have become part of my Ohana.

Congratulations Mel!

You deserve every bit of happiness!

In Christ,

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

thanks aunty lyn!

we both have come a log way!

as i said before or someone else wrote

by the grace of God, therefore go i...

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
          [...]the 2nd bestest thing: continuing to beat Kidney Disease,[...]
          I think this might also belong in the miracle thread, Mel. I'm thrilled for you.

Comment

Sweet Mel!

Congrats on the good numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              I remember meeting a fragile sweet woman in a wheelchair at KauKau Wagon's Annual Thanksgiving's Celebration.
              "Fragile"??? Can't be the same Mel I met; she didn't strike me as "fragile" at all - quite the opposite. Petite, maybe - but mighty. What say you, DD?

Comment

"Fragile"??? Can't be the same Mel I met; she didn't strike me as "fragile" at all - quite the opposite. Petite, maybe - but mighty. What say you, DD?
                The woman you met gained weight and recovered. The woman I met, just came out of the hospital and almost died. She battled for her life and was saved by the grace of God.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hmmm......

Step carefully DD!!!

*snicker*

Comment

thanks tutusue, pesh!

aunty you calling me fat?? LOL nah nah i just cracked up at the gained weight comment as earlier my little one pointed to my arm and said mom this is getting fat..( while having my blood pressure checked).

as for the fragile comments....of course i am, don't you know the delicate flower that i am....

BWHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      The woman you met gained weight and recovered. The woman I met, just came out of the hospital and almost died. She battled for her life and was saved by the grace of God.
                      Ah. Temporarily fragile of body - never less than mighty in spirit.
                      http://www.nataliedee.com/100507/delicate-flower.jpg
                      Last edited by Leo Lakio; October 5, 2007, 03:33 PM. Reason: add cartoon link

Comment

catching up a little bit:

best part of wednesday was walking between offices at work and coming across a dialysis patient, sitting in his wheelchair, patiently waiting to be called for his treatment. he had a small radio in his hand and was quietly singing along with bruddah iz's "white sandy beach of hawaii." it was the most angelic sound i've heard in quite a while.

thursday's best part, i'll keep to myself. it's that precious.

best part of today is reading cran's post about her kidney disease and her success with fighting it. as i told cran before, i have a friend who suffers from lupus, had to go through dialysis, chemo treatments, lost her hair, had to start thinking about getting a kidney transplant. but she's much healthier now and lives an almost normal life, a lot of it because of her compliant relationship with her physicians (some of whom work at the hospitals i do). but not only am i touched personally by those who have some sort of kidney disease, my work, as i've hinted earlier in this post, includes a good number of such patients. every day, i see people going in and out of the dialysis centers on campus, often suffering from renal disease as a result of other conditions like lupus and diabetes. to hear that one person was able to avoid dialysis and even transplant is a truly wonderful victory. *cheers*

the second best part of today is the obscenely huge laugh i had when karen made a pronouncement in the mandatory medical treatment thread that will surely win her the nobel peace prize in medicine. i have to tell you all that she's discovered the cause of cancer, lupus, type one diabetes, asthma, and autism, and attention deficit disorder:

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                        Yes! most likely some of them have cancer or had cancer because they complied with umpteen shots into their bods.

(snip)

Childhood onset diabetes, asthmas, ADD and now Autism being so rampant is most likely, hell yes it is because of the forced, routine barrage of the Shots.
                        so let's stop all vaccinations and surely, no others will suffer from cancer, diabetes, lupus (she mentioned lupus in an earlier post), asthma and ADD!

whoooo! not even professional comedians have made me laugh that hard lately! thanks, karen!
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

hmm...funny..when i was diagnosed with systemic lupus i used to live in the village park area.. and at the time the big thing they were blaming it on was the drinking water..

im saying its funny because there are people out there that have incurable but maintainable diseases that are willing to blame the illness on things such as vaccinations, water, the air we breathe..etc etc. due to media portrayal.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                            hmm...funny..when i was diagnosed with systemic lupus i used to live in the village park area.. and at the time the big thing they were blaming it on was the drinking water..

im saying its funny because there are people out there that have incurable but maintainable diseases that are willing to blame the illness on things such as vaccinations, water, the air we breathe..etc etc. due to media portrayal.
                            maybe they're willing to blame the illness on such factors, whether based in fact or not, because it helps such people cope with their disease. i mean, how much does it suck to face a disease whose causes are not completely known or understood? life is such a literal crap shoot sometimes, honestly.

for the record, my friend who has lupus never lived in the village park area. however, several of my childhood years were in the village park area, and i don't have lupus. *shrug*

all i know is that there are real treatments and solutions, perhaps both traditional and non, that you and my friend, and other lupus sufferers are following with a degree of success. as i said--i understand as best as someone who doesn't have the disease can understand because my friend and i are so close. pretty soon, my friend will have to get her second total hip replacement as a result of the disease. so again, i'll say it's so awesome that you have been told that you're much healthier than anyone would have expected some time ago.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

LOL! I dig it when something I post "sticks in your craw, Cyn" where you have to continue your silliness on another thread.

Yeppers, you NOW gave me the best part of my day. Yes, dear I am kidding cuz I surely would have no life if that were true.

Glad you gave that other thread some publicity, though cuz as it is we have tons of lurkers to HT and any publicity to the subject that needs it, per so much truth on it not getting enough, is wonderful. It can help more people demand "CHOICE" and then make their choice in a more informed manner.

Remember when Archie used to tell Edith bunker "you know what Edith? You're a real pip?!" and say it so lovingly?

Cyn, that, you are!

Thanks for making my day, too. huggz~
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Best part of today was when my wife came up to me wearing my "good" shades that I "lost" a couple of weeks ago. As punishment to myself I haven't gotten a new pair since... that oughta teach me, now my eyes are sunburnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X