Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Best part of today...so far? Seeing "Go Warriors" instead of route info on the front display panels of city busses. Warrior fever...ooooowheeee! Very cool!

Comment

Congrats from me too, Auntie!
      I hope that one day I can use you as a role model and quit smoking too. (Only reason I haven't quit yet is because I love my avatar. )
      In the meantime... the best part of today for me was once again taking the boat out to the sandbar. Went to a different section today and anchored near a coral reef, then went snorkeling and enjoyed seeing the fish (no hammerhead sharks!) and some relatively healthy coral heads.
      Surprisingly few boats out there today; probably because the Kaneohe Christmas Parade was happening. I think I left the sandbar just in the nick of time, because as I was heading home I saw seven or eight of the pontoon party boats (rented from the Marine Corps Base) heading to where I'd just been. WHEW. Close call.
      Air temp at the sandbar was 81 degrees and water temp was like a warm bathtub. (Sorry, Leo -- enjoy your snow and 36 degrees! )
      But maybe the best part of today is still to come. Kickoff is in just under three hours.

Go Warriors!
      Last edited by LikaNui; December 1, 2007, 02:46 PM. Reason: So I could add something, silly!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Congrats, Auntie! That is GREAT news!
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Malao LikaNui and TATTRAT!!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

the best part of today...

putting up most of our outside Christmas decorations!
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              But maybe the best part of today is still to come. Kickoff is in just under three hours.
              Go Warriors!
              And PRESTO, the best part of today for all of Hawai'i nei just now happened -- UH wins, 35-28!!!

Comment

three best parts of today:

(1) while running some pre-game errands this morning, i saw UH gear on so many people everywhere i went. it was like we all are in this game together!

(2) having a bit of eric's made-from-scratch Buffalo Chili Suprise...ground buffalo meat, pork sausage, three kinds of chili powder, and jalapeno paste...mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm!!! *smacks lips*

(3) we're STILL 12 and O, baybee! cheeeeeeee huuuuuuuu!!!! give us some sugah!!!
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I'm tempted to say that the best part of today was going to a birthday party for a very popular musician, held at Don Ho's beach house in Lanikai. Lots of great grinds, and lots of great live music by many of the guests, in a fabulous location!
                  Except that wasn't the best part of today. The best part was actually having to leave the party early to go play Santa Claus at another party held after a Christmas Boat Parade Of Lights. Hanging out with all the musicians wasn't anywhere near as much fun as seeing the looks on the keiki's faces as they talked to 'Santa'.
                  The first event was fun for the ego, the second one was good for the soul. And making keiki happy wins every time.
                  I'll post some photos of the first party over in the Photo Sharing thread; the Santa photos will get posted tomorrow, after folks send them to me.

Comment

Yayyyy! Semester's over. Exams are done. Now I can get into the Christmas spirit. The 20 inches of snow outside helps with that too. Definitely a white Christmas this year - the only tme I want it cold and snowy.

Comment

i'm the organizer for several holiday events at work, including our organization's participation in the Lokahi Giving Project. because i had been out sick earlier this month, we kicked off the drive a full week later than intended. yet, the participation level has been awesome! i'm so proud of my coworkers' spirited Christmas giving, especially since this year has been rather tumultuous for us.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The best part of today was a PM that came to me out of the blue from one of HT's most loved and respected women. The thoughts she conveyed were very touching, very appreciated, and very reciprocated right back at her.
                        Kind words always make the best part of a day!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          The best part of today was a PM that came to me out of the blue from one of HT's most loved and respected women. The thoughts she conveyed were very touching, very appreciated, and very reciprocated right back at her.
                          Kind words always make the best part of a day!
                          That's great LikaNui! I wonder if I know that person??

The best part of today was learning now to correctly put on new tennis nets on our tennis courts today. The tennis "expert" is an older, fatherly, affable caucasian man who came out today to show me and my immediate boss how to do it. He kept saying to us, " Atta boy!," "Atta girl!" "You're doing a good job." LOL... He said the USTA will certainly appreciate our efforts.

The only down side was getting drenched by rain accompanied with cool, blustery winds 5 times in a row while changing 4 nets.
                          Last edited by Beau; December 27, 2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Discovering my Peach Jamba Juice was still in the freezer after putting it in our office freezer at work this past sunday. I completely forgot about it and and it tasted so good eating it slushy style.
                            n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                              That's great LikaNui! I wonder if I know that person??

The best part of today was learning now to correctly put on new tennis nets on our tennis courts today. The tennis "expert" is an older, fatherly, affable caucasian man who came out today to show me and my immediate boss how to do it. He kept saying to us, " Atta boy!," "Atta girl!" "You're doing a good job." LOL... He said the USTA will certainly appreciate our efforts.

The only down side was getting drenched by rain accompanied with cool, blustery winds 5 times in a row while changing 4 nets.
                              Hey Beau, who was that guy? Not Coach Rusty? What courts got the new nets?
                              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Arriving safely back in Honolulu after spending a week on the Big Island.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X