Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Congrats, LL.

The best part of my day is actually yesterday and tomorrow. Yesterday was my birthday and friends and family gave me a surprise party. It was a milestone birthday so everyone had to rub it in. Lots of fun . Tomorrow, I go to Honolulu for a week's worth of business meetings. This could be the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life.

Comment

congrats LL and happy b-day accousticlady!

overall just a beautiful day. just look at mel's pic. it says it all.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
        congrats LL and happy b-day accousticlady! overall just a beautiful day. just look at mel's pic. it says it all.
        I agree with all four thoughts there! Congrats to LL, birthday greetings to AcousticLady (plus good luck on your trip and meetings!), it was a beautiful day, and Mel's photo was (as usual) terrific!
        Best part of my day today was receiving a job offer out of the blue, which included an almost 30% salary increase. But it would require moving to a different part of the island, and I'll probably decline the offer primarily for that reason.
        Windward side rules!
        Last edited by LikaNui; August 6, 2008, 05:23 PM. Reason: Added props to the windward side.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
          Congrats, LL.

The best part of my day is actually yesterday and tomorrow. Yesterday was my birthday and friends and family gave me a surprise party. It was a milestone birthday so everyone had to rub it in. Lots of fun . Tomorrow, I go to Honolulu for a week's worth of business meetings. This could be the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life.
          Happy belated birthday, fellow Leo! My birthday was on August 4th (Monday), so this new job is a great birthday gift indeed!

Ditto on the new chapter too. It's an indescribable kinda feeling!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Discovering a bowl of "Bun Bo Hue" at Bac Nam on S. King St. this afternoon. I haven't felt this ecstatic about a soup since I discovered Soondubu. It was a great eating day today.
            n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
              Happy belated birthday, fellow Leo! My birthday was on August 4th (Monday), so this new job is a great birthday gift indeed!

Ditto on the new chapter too. It's an indescribable kinda feeling!
              Happy Belated Birthday to you too! And yes, indescribable! A little surreal as well. Good luck - you'll do great.

And, thanks to all for the birthday wishes!

Comment

I just returned home from an incredible experience!

I caught the bus out to Alamo car rental on Nimitz.
                While on the #19 from Ala Moana headed out, I met a nice Japanese lady and her daughter and son. She was looking at a tourist map book so I asked "Where are you going to?" To which she replied "HOKULE'A", and that she'll get off at the airport and taxi over to it. I suggested that they just come with me, since I know right where the boat is. They accepted.

I was renting a small car to go to Maui with my wife tomarrow, but Alamo told me to pick out a JEEP for the same price. SWEET!
                I got a red one.

We stopped by Jamba Juice on Sand Island Access Road and I got us each a pineapple aloha drink. TASTY!

When we arrived at the parking lot makai of Hokule'a, I saw a cool looking local guy at the boat and politely yelled "Can we come see?" He said "Sure" and told us how to get to him.

We spent the next hour aboard, checking everything out with Captains Lono and Kapena along with the whole "keiki" crew. (meaning the next generation of sailors. Males and females). Good fun talking story! I enjoyed myself thoroughly. COOL!

Afterwards I dropped them off behind the Ilikai, where they're staying and gave my address so I can get some of the photos they took. I didn't have my camera.

Today is the first day of my vacation, tomarrow Maui...
                I'm smiling ear to ear.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

best part of today was running into a long lost relative. we had much to talk about.
                  stay forever young

Comment

I got a waiver from my school so that I don't have to get a new set of vaccinations for fall semester. Big Yay!!, because I hate needles!
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

best part of yesterday was buying two tomato plants. both cherry, but one red and one yellow.

menehuneman: didn't you spread a little aloha?! good going!
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                        1) ...two tomato plants. both cherry, but one red and one yellow.

2) Menehune Man: Didn't you spread a little aloha?!
                        1) Cool! Do you have a home or community garden?
                        2) It was Great! I received alot more than I gave (in enjoyment level).
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Well done, MM! An excellent show of Aloha, fer sure.
                          Have fun with your Jeep, but remember there's no trunk and no place to lock anything, so be careful.
                          Looking forward to your Trip Report(s) and photos!

Oh. Best part of my day? Reading MM's post.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

it's wonderful to read everyone's good news while i am half an ocean away. brings a smile to my face.

by comparison, my best part of the day so far makes me seem a bratty ingrate. for the first time on this trip to the phillipines, my mom left to go off on her own. we have been practically joined at the hip for a full week now. i love her dearly and hate that when we spend too much time together, we grate on each other's nerves terribly.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i hear ya cyn! that mother daughter thing can be so complex and yet it doesn't have to be.

MM: 1) home garden (i love it. was told i have a farmer's tan. had to look in the mirror to see for myself). 2) i'm sure you all had a wonderful time. again, good job of spreading the aloha spirit. it's very interesting that complete strangers enjoyed a fun-filled day together.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

The total cost of my doctor's appointment today, including medications valued over $1000, was -

$15.00 - woohoo!
                                * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
                                X