Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Haha, no peeves, no whack whacks, just a nice day. And there was a side bonus - I got to learn my way around town a little better and learn more about the upcoming election on Sept. 20th. And put my sign hanging skills to good use.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      You better say that, T-girl. If you had put a post about Auntie Pupule in the "Pet Peeve" thread instead, you'd have felt the wrath of the WHACK-WHACKs!
      Too funny.

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      Haha, no peeves, no whack whacks, just a nice day. And there was a side bonus - I got to learn my way around town a little better and learn more about the upcoming election on Sept. 20th. And put my sign hanging skills to good use.
      turtlegirl, I went back with MAMA to check the signs. The two in Foster Village was taken done. I found the signs intact by the side. The owner of the home told me the tenants didn't ask permission. There was a new sign on display in the front facing Salt Lake Blvd. of my opponent. I thanked her for not destroying my signs and smiled.

I proceeded across the street. The door was open as I called out "Aloha, Aloha!!" A woman came out and I introduced myself. It was the same as yesterday. She embraced me then called her husband out. He helped me put my bumbucha sign up which faces the other home ( ) and everyone coming in and out to Foster Village will see.

Yep! Everything happens for a reason.

My best part of today is meeting my new friends of Foster Village!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Snorkeling with turtles at Kailua beach with Turtlegirl. It's good to be back in Hawaii.
        Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
        Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

My hat's off to turtlegirl. She entered HT earlier this year, a total newb, knowing no one, looking for help with her move to Hawaii and info about the local film industry. She then becomes an active HT participant, eventually moving and offering advice to others who are currently in the same place she was a few months ago. She hits a few bumps in the road, shares them, then moves on with her life. Once here she builds new Hawaii friendships in real life with local HTers by attending the picnic and helping Auntie with her campaign...amongst other things.

Way to go, TG, for seizing upon what HT is all about. Oh, and I saw you on KM's site! BTW did you, and everyone else, see THIS about "Lost" in this morning's paper?

Comment

I'm gonna stop by the auditions today.
            You never know. I'm cute, quirky, got a great beard and ego to boot! HaHa!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I plan on heading down too. It's not at all far from where I live, and I figure it'll be fun. Anyone sees me say hi!
              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Moonlight surf in Waikiki last night. I didn't catch any waves, but the view of the city was amazing!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

A full moon last night, I watched it go into the ocean this a.m., silver rays thru the clouds, a swim in the warm ocean, a few 3-4 ft. waves from a southern storm, paradise.

Comment

the best part of today was that i found a honeybee. it might have been on it's last legs, but i picked it up and transferred it to my lemon cucumber plant that is profuse with flowers but no veggies in sight. i'm hoping that it would/could do some pollination for me. don't know what became of it. however, i just went outside and found another one buzzing around. i can only hope that it was doing its job. keeping my fingers crossed.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Music and hula all weekend long. One gig playing Hawaiian music as part of a trio at a coffeehouse (Friday night); another to accompany hula dancers at a shopping center stage (Saturday afternoon); then a party and kanikapila with a local halau (Sunday afternoon).

This is one of those weekends where, after a career of working with musicians (engineer, producer, manager, promoter, consultant, etc.), I am glad that I finally took the steps to become one. And it was Hawaiian music that provided the way in.

Comment

Unexpectedly running into a celebrity who was here for an interview, and having him actually remember our meeting and details of our conversation from sixteen years ago.

Comment

receiving a simple, yet beautiful private message from one of our own hters. you know who you are. thank you for your kind words and support.
                          "chaos reigns within.
                          order shall return."

Comment

1. A powerwalk along the beach from the Ala Wai boat harbor to the Outrigger Reef and back to the HHV where I met up with a friend for a little gab-fest!

2. Learning that a good friend survived MRSA last week.

Comment

mom's grandaughter came over to the house and brought her beautiful red roses for her birthday today. this grandaughter hasn't been over here since dad passed in 1997.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

Best Part of Today....

Getting to hug Auntie Lynn, the best candidate ever. You go, girl!

As DS said--"She is so NICE!"

She is lookin' real pretty lately. Wonder why?

Comment

Working...
                                X