Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Finishing duplication of hundreds of hours of digitized live-performance music recordings from live broadcasts I did between 1986-1998, material I've not had access to in a decade.

(Okay, that might be a bit "esoteric," perhaps even "geeky" - but it's cool to me to be able to hear these broadcasts once again, many years later.)

Comment

Being invited to talk about my video work to a group of scientists and artists and them requesting to see the entire video (I showed a 2 minute clip in the talk) after the conference was over.

Comment

The farmers market at KCC...
        Wailea lime curd
        roasted veggie spinach wrap
        but not together!

Comment

whooo, that spinach wrap sounds gooood, tutusue!

best part of today: finally finished wiping down the patio and will start to prep it for painting.

worst part of today: while moving a large chair, i stubbed my big toe and ripped off half of the toe nail. i could see that happening if i had longer nails, but they're short. OUCH!
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

My daughter Sienna got one of her medications lowered a bit today. Hopefully it's enough her eyes won't vibrate any more (a random overdose effect of the triliptal).

Comment

peshkwe: hope she gets better.

best part of yesterday was spending my birthday on the big island. we had a home inspection and thank GOD it rained because the inspector discovered ponding/pooling on the roof. there was some repair work done to correct the problem, but it was not done properly.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Today is college football day at my boy's school. I saw what I swear was every boy dressed up and only one girl. What's up with that? I hope there was more.

Anyway, saw lots of USC, UCLA, OSU, Nebraska, etc., but there were only two UH Manoa Warriors, from what I saw. Just posting cause it was nice to see my boys reppin' UH in the sea of other teams.
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

This actually the best part of Wednesday, but.......

I had my students do "rocket science" in class. My students are mostly environmental studies majors and last year they ran a recycling campaign with signs all over school stating

Recycle - It's not Rocket Science!

Major pet peeve with me. Rocket science is NOT that hard (as Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory would say - "Rocket Scientist! Why don't you just tell people I'm a toll taker!" ). Any 1st semester student can do it. They didn't believe me at the beginning of the semester when I told them that. Hah! On their own, they (theoretically) shot a spaceship from Earth to Mars and successfully landed it!

Comment

The best part of today, and it's only 8:55 AM--

I woke up healthy this morning in a warm bed next to my healthy husband.

Our son is working hard and becoming a very productive citizen (and is also in good health!).

Our house isn't spotless, but it's certainly clean enough, and the fridge and pantry are full of decent food. We can still make our mortgage payments!

Best yet, God's mercies "are new every morning".

Thanks for letting me share!

Comment

i lost 10 pounds - yayay!
                      stay forever young

Comment

And it happened before 9:00a!

Cirque du Soleil's Soltimbanca is in town as we in Hawaii all know. As much as I wanted to go I just couldn't justify spending that kinda money on a ticket. I have various family members in town from mid-Nov. to mid-Dec. and prefer to over spend with/on them! Still, I've never seen a real Cirque show so last night I spent time online checking available dates, lowest price ticket seating then Craigslist for deals. After an hour I got bored and went to bed; deciding, instead, that I'd check again over the week-end!!!

This morning I got up prepared to go to Makaha for a long week-end...started packing the car and my computer. Then I felt an 'urge' to check my email before leaving. BINGO! There was an email from a client/friend. They have an extra ticket for TONIGHT and do I want to go with them...for FREE!!! As my dad woulda said..."Is the Pope a Catholic?"!

And to think I came soooo close to packing up my computer with the thought of checking my email later in the day at Makaha!

Wow! This is a classic: "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."!

I'm so excited. Whatta nice start to today! I'll go to Makaha tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                          i lost 10 pounds - yayay!
                          You haven't been on HT long, SP, but I already know better than to ask...how?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            You haven't been on HT long, SP, but I already know better than to ask...how?!!!
                            extensive hike every saturday morning since September 26!!! aiea heights loop trail....that is a killer hike!!

staying away from starch
                            stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                              extensive hike every saturday morning since September 26!!! aiea heights loop trail....that is a killer hike!!

staying away from starch
                              Oh shoots...I expected your reasons to be much more colorful than those!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Oh shoots...I expected your reasons to be much more colorful than those!
                                Don't encourage him Tutu! I love starch and I have a body to prove it.
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X