Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Best part of today was that I set a sneaky trap and caught a thief (and he was a peeping tom too) who has been targeting, and ripping off, my neighbors.
    W00T!! Way to go! Congrats LikaNui! You ROCK!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sweet!!

Congrats LikaNui!

Comment

Okay, the second-best part of today is that a friend sent this link, which will take you to the ultimate Christmas gift, or at least the ultimate 'stocking stuffer' -- a condom with a ruler printed on it (available in either centimeters or inches)!
        And for you techies, they've got this cute gadget.
        Looks like there might be some other fun things on that site, too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It snowed hard in Seattle this morning. The majority of my co-workers couldn't get into work. I live a mile from the studios, and when I heard that the only other radio employee made it in for his shift at 6:30 am, but none of the newsreaders did (meaning he had to engineer AND do the two-hour news program solo), I got dressed and out the door in ten minutes and walked through the snow to be in the studios a half-hour later to help him out (even though I worked the night before and it was my day to sleep in).

What are the best parts? 1: The boss of our division made it in twenty minutes after I did, and saw that I had trudged in - brownie points for me in a job I've only had for two months, and (more important to me) 2: reinforcing to myself that it's nice to once again have a job where I actually give a damn about the work, the place, the people, and the service we provide --- I haven't felt that way about an employer in over a dozen years.

Comment

best part of today was my bff calling to invite our family over to their house for New Year's Eve - yay!
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Best part of today was that I set a sneaky trap and caught a thief (and he was a peeping tom too) who has been targeting, and ripping off, my neighbors.
              wow that's awesome - i wish you lived in my neighborhood (especially 6 months ago when our house was broken into !)
              I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

It's a snow day!!

No school driving YAY!!!

Comment

The best part of today was that it only took me about an hour to clean the reindeer poop off of the roof. Yay!!!

Comment

Was a net friend from the other side of the pond getting all profound with a statement he made....

"One should judge one's existence by it's pieces. The pieces in mine fit together. Therefore I figure that life is good. At the very least, my small part of it anyway."

So here's wishing that all your pieces fit together well.

Comment

Best part of today WILL be when the vet calls and tells us that Manele (my avatar) has a benign nothing to worry about cyst. An aspirated sample of it went to the cytologist for diagnosis. The other best part will be not having to give her anymore benadryl, man those capsules are hard to extract from the packaging. I'm keeping my fingers crossed awaiting the news.

Comment

OOPS. Double post. See the next one.
                        Last edited by LikaNui; December 26, 2008, 04:18 PM. Reason: Because sometimes I hate computers.

Comment

I'm watching KITV news right now, and I'm thinking there must've been too much eggnog in the studio today.
                          First, Keoki Kerr did a report about the nasty weather in Hilo this morning. He said that it caused the cancellation "of a large children's basketball tournament." I'm wondering if the tournament was large, or if it was a tournament for large children. Sentence structure can be important.
                          Right after that, Jill Kuramoto came back; she's filling in for Gary and Pam. (That in itself is confusing. Gary and Pam have been on vacation for a week, came back to do the news last night, and are off again tonight. Go figure.) Anyway, Jill was reporting on a shooting this afternoon in Makaha and she said that "the man had a gunshot wound, apparently from a gunshot."
                          Well... yeah.
                          Getting two good chuckles in five minutes was probably the best part of today. But I think my New Year's resolution will have to be a lowering of my journalistic standards and expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                            Best part of today WILL be when the vet calls and tells us that Manele (my avatar) has a benign nothing to worry about cyst. An aspirated sample of it went to the cytologist for diagnosis. The other best part will be not having to give her anymore benadryl, man those capsules are hard to extract from the packaging. I'm keeping my fingers crossed awaiting the news.
                            Got the BEST Christmas present ever! Manele has no cancerous tumor
                            and no other threatening situation. She had a reaction to her recent
                            annual shots. It could have been from when the needle went in from
                            her skin maybe, hence the bacterial nature needing antibiotics. She
                            had a long hour walk with Koele this morning and as we awaited the
                            call was perfectly normal all day. We are so relieved! And we can stop
                            the benadryl but finish off the other antibiotic.

Comment

Hooray for Manele!!! And for you too, Leashlaws!

Comment

got off work earlier than usual

stay forever young

Comment

Working...
                                X