Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Doing nothing. That's what I did today - nothing in particular, just whatever I felt like.

This included - sleeping laate, reading online, leaving the bed unmade, watching a very interesting documentary about the founder of PETA, taking a walk down the street to get some beer, drinking said beer, playing Super Mario on Wii, sitting outside and reading the Midweek, chat with landlady, miso soup (2 huge bowls) for breakfast, potstickers for lunch (and I ate them with chopsticks and Rooster sauce!!), phone calls with good friends, ... overall, it was just what I needed!!

Now all I need to do is beat level 1 on Super Mario, and figure out what I want to make for dinner, and which book I want to read tonight.

Oh, and finding this quote:
    "Behold the turtle. He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out." James Bryant Conant, Harvard President
    Last edited by turtlegirl; January 7, 2010, 04:56 PM.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      Doing nothing. That's what I did today - nothing in particular, just whatever I felt like.

This included - sleeping laate, reading online, leaving the bed unmade, watching a very interesting documentary about the founder of PETA, taking a walk down the street to get some beer, drinking said beer, playing Super Mario on Wii, sitting outside and reading the Midweek, chat with landlady, miso soup (2 huge bowls) for breakfast, potstickers for lunch (and I ate them with chopsticks and Rooster sauce!!), phone calls with good friends, ... overall, it was just what I needed!!

Now all I need to do is beat level 1 on Super Mario, and figure out what I want to make for dinner, and which book I want to read tonight.

"Behold the turtle. He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out." James Bryant Conant, Harvard President
      ...eating potato chips in bed, wiping greasy hands on bedsheets...yeah I've had days like that too...Then I got married and all that changed.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I love days when I do nothing. For me, it's making edemame and biscuit smores, then curling up in my chair, watching hours of ER reruns- changing around loads of laundry between. Too cold to go outside. Pups under the blanket with me. Lots of Diet 7-Up. Yup, good day!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Doing nothing. That's what I did today - nothing in particular,[...]
          Cool, but I need you to check your email. If you didn't receive something from me, let me know so I can resend!

The best part of today for me? Excel and Eudora!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Cool, but I need you to check your email. If you didn't receive something from me, let me know so I can resend!

The best part of today for me? Excel and Eudora!
            And day 60 is tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              And day 60 is tomorrow
              *Cheer* for day 60! Oh, and redundancy rocks, huh?!

Comment

yesterday I was told that I don't have to go to San Jose, CA to testify in a murder/death penalty case. YEA! I'm still happy today.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think you're the winner in this thread, anapuni!!!

Comment

Best part of today is getting home after being off island for almost a week, playing music on "the outer islands."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Emcee at a sold-out show w/Amy Hanaiali`i, Jeff Peterson & Chino Montero. Better than 24 hours earlier (in the E.R. with severe abdominal pain - cause still unknown, more tests later).

Comment

My Bro gave me MS Office 2007 as a gift but when I tried to install, it kept telling me that the product key was invalid. Anyone who has tried to install a Microsoft product knows that that product key number is crucial the installation. I called him & whined, he told me to call MS and see what they could do.

After a long time on the phone with customer service in India & Phillipines (actually 44 minutes!), they gave me a new product key number. The software was installed and I'm a happy camper now. and so is the Bro

Even with all the other frustrations today - it ended up a pretty good day!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I have a bad code and consumption today. I gonna put some lime in da coconut and drink um all up. But it is a beautiful day in the lo 80's with lots of sunshine.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm happy too now that matapule will match what I donated to the Haiti relief fund!!! Way to go matapule!!

Comment

Best part of today... is anticipation of tomarrow!

It's my 48th Birthday and will start it off having coffee & oatmeal with Da Mrs.!
                              Then go for a morning sail aboard "Mai Tai" http://www.leahi.com/. check in 10:45am Call to make a reservation, only costs $18 Kama'aina rate. My buddy's taking me out to dinner in Waikiki early evening then going to see Dana Lyons for a free concert at McCoy Pavilion @ Ala Moana Beach Park starting at 7pm. http://eventful.com/honolulu/events/...01-026861029-9 He's a storyteller, guitar player, kinda country...

If either of those things interest you... join me!
                              Hope to see you there.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                                Then go for a morning sail aboard "Mai Tai" http://www.leahi.com/. check in 10:45am Call to make a reservation, only costs $18 Kama'aina rate.
                                Here's a You Tube video taken aboard Mai Tai. Go sometime when you can.
                                Good Fun!
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X