X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

THE BEST PART OF TODAY IS...
    I took a "Mental Health" day.

Sick days from work, good music in my CD collection, beer, HawaiiThreads, GPSHawai'i, Other sites , food in the fridge for later, and sooo much more!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

The best part of today for me was giving Under Arm Deodorants to my friends at Kaukau Wagon. I started giving out only to the Men. Den a woman insisted she was a Man. She was dressed in a muumuu with long black hair.

"Are you really a Man" I asked.

"Yes!" She replied.

I gave her and then decided to give everybody one. Kane and Wahine.

Some refused because they said they didn't have a place to take a bath. Instead I gave them three cookies foa telling the TRUTH.

The Gift of GIVING is Awesome when it comes from your Heart and Soul!

"Do for those who have less than you and then you will find what you are looking foa."

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; June 24, 2007, 12:12 AM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        The best part of today for me was giving Under Arm Deodorants to my friends at Kaukau Wagon. I started giving out only to the Men. Den a woman insisted she was a Man. She was dressed in a muumuu with long black hair.

"Are you really a Man" I asked.

"Yes!" She replied.

I gave her and then decided to give everybody one. Kane and Wahine.

Some refused because they said they didn't have a place to take a bath. Instead I gave them three cookies foa telling the TRUTH.

The Gift of GIVING is Awesome when it comes from your Heart and Soul!

"Do for those who have less than you and then you will find what you are looking foa."

Auntie Lynn
        WOW!!. Thanks Lynn!!. =) Thanks for doing such a kind deed =). I would always want people who I bump into, to always smell good & not be so stinky all the way around. lol. =D

By the way, I wasn't being scarcastic. =)

Actually at first, I read it wrong, I hought you were actually sharing your own personal deodorant, then I said to myself, "eww", then I had to re read it again, & then I finally thought & said, "Ahhhh, ok, now I understand". lol. =p.

Maybe I just woke up too early today & just didn't get a chance to get a cup of coffee. lol.

Good Job for a well good deed. =)

Aloha & have a wonderul Sunday.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Just another beautiful day at the beach. Solo mission over at the Black Point end of Diamond Head. Tray of Ahi & Ogo poke in hand. Even better than last week's batch. Melt in da' mout'. Cold bottle of Powerade Fruit Punch.

And the best part isn't even over yet.

Will soon be off to Duke's for yet another beautiful Sunday afternoon on Waikiki beach listening to Henry Kapono. Lately he's been playing more of the classic C&K stuff. Usually he only plays rock band covers. It's good to hear the classics once in a while. Especially live.

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Dry Cleaners Wins Missing Pant Case

Along with making himself a greedy fool over national news, this so called "judge" also created some serious bad karma that will surely bite him in the okole some time in the future. Either this life or next.

I'm so happy for the defendants.

In celebration of this morning's fabulous news, I'm gonna' go get a scorching hot cup of coffee from the McDonald's drive thru.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              Dry Cleaners Wins Missing Pant Case

Along with making himself a greedy fool over national news, this so called "judge" also created some serious bad karma that will surely bite him in the okole some time in the future. Either this life or next.

I'm so happy for the defendants.

In celebration of this morning's fabulous news, I'm gonna' go get a scorching hot cup of coffee from the McDonald's drive thru.

wow, reading that makes second best part of the day. i'd heard about that story via countdown on msnbc some weeks ago--that judge is a prickwad!,

best part of the day was eating the breakfast of two eggs, over medium, portuguese sausage, well done, and a half scoop brown rice that the beau made me this morning. i swear, even the most banal things taste sooo good when he's the one who cooks em.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Sitting here in front of my computer, drinking a beer (Stella Artoise), reading various HT entries, watching the sun go down, and it's the last day of a 2-week vacation and thinking about the upcoming work week (because I got a "heads-up" on what's ahead) and not caring about it, and thinking about dinner instead.

I need another beer.

Comment

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...1&postcount=42

Comment

Yes Leo! That's mine too!!!

Congratulations to Cheryl and Shari!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hmm, each day is different and it's not noon yet, but am expecting that the best part will be when cousins from Texas get here to our place this afternoon, and should stay till we are all too sleepy and tired to keep laughing.

I like this thread. It's a good read over the first morning caffeine. Y'all are rockin it, thanks.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

hmm...

actually I don't know if this post belongs to "the best part of today" ~or~ to "what pisses you off", ~or~" pet peeve" cuz....

my hubby is a cab driver, & he picked up this lady, & she told him to drop her off at a hotel, then as he was nearing the zoo, she told him to stop. So she got off, & her cost of the fare was $14.85. The lady gave him $15.00.

So, he gave her 13 cents & told her that he didn't have enough change left (that's after several other passengers before her, that my hubby had to pick up & drop off). She got mad that she wasn't given the right change, over a missley little 2 cents. She threatened to let the cab office know about it & also to call the police that she wasn't given the right change.

OMG!!. getting huffy & pissed off over 2 cents??

GAWD!!.

Infact, when my hubby got to the office, he told all of the people that was there at the office about what had happened, & they all had a good chuckle over it. lol. They couldn't believe about the lady getting angry over 2 cents. sheeesh. lol.

Personally, if I was her, I would have let it go, & probably would be too embarrassed about the 2 cents if my change wasn't enough. Or atleast give the cab driver a good tip for it & add more to the change I got from the driver.

That's....

my two cents. lol.

Aloha.

P.S. This is way too funny to be placed on "what pisses you off" or "pet peeve", cuz I'm not mad about it, but yet I'm kind of chuckling over it myself, for that matter. In a sence it kind of sounds like I'm kinda complaining because of the lady's attitude towards my hubby. That's why I was undecided about it.
                        Last edited by Serenity; July 3, 2007, 04:37 PM.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Today...
                          The Flip Video is still on sale...
                          Best Buy still had a couple of 'em in stock...
                          I just bought one as a Christmas present for my grandsons...one gift down, a gazillion to go...
                          I needed to go to the grocery store and didn't have to drive there; it's walking distance...
                          Not a bad day in the least!!!

Comment

The best part of my day was getting all of the laundry done.

Having clean sheets on the bed.

Puttering in the garden and then going to have a Spa Manicure and padicure and a massage.

Comment

i found out some juicy gossip about some fake people at work this week who act like their ish doan stink, think they're better than others, and unabashedly treat those they deem unimportant like crap.

it deeply satisfies me to know that the crap they do comes back to them, and threefold.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The best part of today ~ MAMA'S Stent Operation for her aortic aneurysm was a Success! All glory and praise to God Almighty!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X