Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who's working at Wal-Mart?

Me!

I took the day off from fixing computers to attend a job orientation at Walmart. I'll be working as a "courtesy Associate" - mostly cart pusher and stock boy.

Sorry for the lack of details, but it was mostly watching videos and doing more paperwork.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Guess who's working at Wal-Mart?

So which Walmart do we come to and super glue all the wheels of the shopping carts ??

Congrats on the job !

DD
    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      Me!

I took the day off from fixing computers to attend a job orientation at Walmart. I'll be working as a "courtesy Associate" - mostly cart pusher and stock boy.

Sorry for the lack of details, but it was mostly watching videos and doing more paperwork.
      Good luck. Employee discount?

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
        So which Walmart do we come to and super glue all the wheels of the shopping carts ??
        Then I'll know who to blame.

Its at the Mililani walmart

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
        Good luck. Employee discount?
        yeps.

Comment

Congrats, Adrian. Now for sure you won't have time to be bored anymore!

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Congrats on the job !

DD
            haha, would be chris to do that.
            Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

MILILANI!!??!! Eh! Let me know when they finally get their own brand sugar free grape drink powder in. Gunfunnit, they been out fo'days and I need my fix of the stuff. Yeah, so it has what may be considered an undesireable side effect , but for a person with type 2 it hits the sweet spot pretty good.
              Btw, congrats on your new job.

Comment

Since you'll be in charge in a day or so...

Tell 'em to get in those 21st Century 1/32 model airplane kits the Mainland people are raving about. Only available at Walmart, and only SOME WalMarts....
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Mililani ?? niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

An old friend of mine works there. I think she's in charge of the register operators. Her name is Debbie. Local girl, but looks Puerto Rican. Long curly hair. Late 20's, early 30's

If you run into her, tell her her favorite Blockbuster Manager, Chris, says hello. (Form 7 years ago)

DD

You sell super glue in the Hardware department, right ?
                  www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

You sell super glue in the Hardware department, right ?
                    I think walmart has some

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                    Tell 'em to get in those 21st Century 1/32 model airplane kits the Mainland people are raving about. Only available at Walmart, and only SOME WalMarts....
                    I'll certainly do that (associates can make suggestions to the managers, but I'll see how a product suggestion go)

Comment

hey, since you're now working at wal-mart, will you confirm something for me?

is it true that there's a sign on the door that says something to the effect that employees shall not fight with customers or something of the like?

and congrats on the new job! hard earned money is always a good thing.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                        is it true that there's a sign on the door that says something to the effect that employees shall not fight with customers or something of the like?
                        I've seen no sign saying that so far. We always put customers first, so maybe you've confused it with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                          I've seen no sign saying that so far. We always put customers first, so maybe you've confused it with something else.

the reason why i ask is something my bus law prof (also a practicing atty) told us at last week's class. she swears it's a true story and that it happened in hawaii. oh, and the reason she told this story is bcs we're discussing employer/employee and principal/agent rights/responsibilities/liabilities.

woman gets a run in her stocking. she goes to the nearby walmart to purchase a new pair bcs she's on her way to an important appointment and does not want to (1) show up with a run in her stockings or (2) show up with no stockings at all.

she chooses her stockings and goes to pay. of course, now she is close on time and worried that she'll be late for her appointment. all the cashier lines are busy, but she spies a cashier removing the "closed" sign so she rushes over there. she puts the stockings on the counter and asks the cashier if she could hurry bcs she's running late for an appointment. i can't make any statement about the customer's tone to the cashier, but regardless, the cashier decides to move more slowly.

frustrated, the woman takes the stockings back so that she can go into another line. somehow, while picking the stockings up, she strikes the cashier. it's not known whether this was an accident or on purpose, but what the cashier does next is deliberate--she grabs the woman and slams her head into the counter, and an all-out fight starts. the woman ends up bloodied and needing stitches.

of course the woman sued both the cashier and walmart, but according to my prof, walmart escaped any liability for a number of reasons ("scope of employment"), including the fact (supposedly) that there is some sort of sign on the door that indicates that employees are not to fight with customers.

hey, if it aint true, at least it's amusing.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Congratulations on your new job Adrian! I still need to get my ringtone on my phone. How you like working at Wal-Mart?
                            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                              How you like working at Wal-Mart?
                              hmm... lets see...
                              - there's always a diaper in a cart I grab (then I throw it away into the trash can that is next to the cart cage)
                              - I always have to throw away atleast half a dozen Mcdonalds packages/drinks - and sometimes those drinks are filled with liquid
                              - the mechanical cart pusher always fails once during my shift, so its more work for us

However, atleast I'm not bored (we actually had a 15 minute break to relax when the store cart area was full and people were going home) and the body ache I experienced from the first 2 days of working is finally going away.

My "partners in crime" tell me that I'm the first "cart pusher" in a few months, because the others were fired for various reasons. They actually work in other departments, but since there's no one until I came along, they work with carts.

I'm actually in the planning stages of taking some time off from this computer job and work at walmart full time for a few months, but finding someone to trust and work for little pay is tough. I'll make time to help this company with some house calls, so I won't be exiting the computer area completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X