X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sum people no more aloha nowadayz

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    maybe da buggah was gay

no, he didn't appear that he had any happiness or joy in him.

no matter his emotional level, least da buggah coulda shared da kine.

Comment

It coulda been worse...da buggah could have set dat Japanese girl's clothes on fire like dat other kid.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

It coulda been worse...da buggah could have set dat Japanese girl's clothes on fire like dat other kid.

hoaaaa. haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Ai-yah! What about da local kid who wen go stab da Japanese tourist on Oahu earlier dis week for no reason at all as she was standing at da bus stop?

And den da HCVB wen go say dey going talk to da wahine and try kokua so her and her friends no go back to Japan and talk stink about Hawai'i! Why dat kine stuff gotta happen in da land of Aloha anyway?

Jeez! What is dat kid's parents teaching him, anyway? Man, if I wen tink about being dat pilau, my parents would have put me in da calaboose, no questions asked!

Miulang
          I stay stand corrected. Da wahine wen go get burned by that 12-year-old pilau kid.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

unbelievable...I read this article in yesterday's Honolulu Advertiser.
            La'akea

Comment

I don't think kids understand consequences anymore. My 17-year old teenage boy thought mastering Grand Theft Auto meant he could master our Chevy Astrovan. While spending big bucks for driver's ed, I had to log 50-hours of daytime drive time with him. In one day he almost destroyed our van five times. The most dramatic near miss was when he almost rear ended a car turning into a drive way ahead of us. He didn't slow down so when I jerked the steering wheel to swerve around the car I told him to pull over.

He tells me he figured he'd just tap the lady into her driveway. WHAT??!!! Dis ain't no frickin video game! He actually thought that would happen and he'd go on his merry way. Now this kid isn't stupid, he's in the top 3% in the nation on his SAT scores, math and science is boring to him, but he lacks common sense. Somewhere in his brain development that part never took off, but his intellectual side excelled, he's the perfect example of that term: There's a fine line between idiot and genius.

I can understand why that 12-year old set fire to that Japanese girl, he basically wanted to see what would happen! His thinking processes lacked the ability to look at consequences.

My feeling is that video games has desensitized our youth about consequences. My boy almost took out a dodge dart and our Astro Van on a virtual reality thought that nothing bad was going to happen. In his mind he was playing a video game. Geez I wonder if these kids racing in their modified Hondas are thinking the same. You know there's no fear when in that thinking mode. You crash, you bounce around, you continue racing. Sounds good to me. Hmmm if life could only be like that.

Comment

I don't think kids understand consequences anymore. My 17-year old teenage boy thought mastering Grand Theft Auto meant he could master our Chevy Astrovan. While spending big bucks for driver's ed, I had to log 50-hours of daytime drive time with him. In one day he almost destroyed our van five times. The most dramatic near miss was when he almost rear ended a car turning into a drive way ahead of us. He didn't slow down so when I jerked the steering wheel to swerve around the car I told him to pull over.

He tells me he figured he'd just tap the lady into her driveway. WHAT??!!! Dis ain't no frickin video game! He actually thought that would happen and he'd go on his merry way. Now this kid isn't stupid, he's in the top 3% in the nation on his SAT scores, math and science is boring to him, but he lacks common sense. Somewhere in his brain development that part never took off, but his intellectual side excelled, he's the perfect example of that term: There's a fine line between idiot and genius.

I can understand why that 12-year old set fire to that Japanese girl, he basically wanted to see what would happen! His thinking processes lacked the ability to look at consequences.

My feeling is that video games has desensitized our youth about consequences. My boy almost took out a dodge dart and our Astro Van on a virtual reality thought that nothing bad was going to happen. In his mind he was playing a video game. Geez I wonder if these kids racing in their modified Hondas are thinking the same. You know there's no fear when in that thinking mode. You crash, you bounce around, you continue racing. Sounds good to me. Hmmm if life could only be like that.
                Hui Craig:
                Sorry you ended up with a few white hairs after your little episode with junior. If you had moved out to Kee'au when he was littler, maybe the common sense part would have gotten baked into him because he would have been out of the sphere of influence of the fast times in Honolulu. Generally, I think kids nowdays lack common sense because they are lazy. Nobody tells them that they need to think before they act; sometimes the consequences could be lethal. Thank you for being a caring parent. One of these days that boy will surprise you in a good way.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Who bought that game for him?

I played GTA:3 and GTA:VC for a couple of years now, and the only way it affected me, is when I stay up all night trying to complete the missions. (FYI, there's a "Chevy Astro"-like van in the game, and it handles kinda junk. Probably he overcompensated for the one in the game.) But people like him should already know that there's a difference between real life and games. I play games to get away from reality, so I know when the video game stopped, and real life begins (the lack of a HUD is one indication ) but some people just don't have that common sense in them to learn the difference.

Racing is one of the reasons why I oppose driving early (in the mid teens). I took a drivers education class at Waipahu HS in my senior year, and I was one of the seniors there. Almost all of the underclassmen had access to a car, and when we got our permits, half of the class was on the street with their adult friends) racing (the friend's) car with other teens.

That reason alone is why I don't drive. I had my permit, and I had to learn in my Mom's Ford Aerostar EXT van (the ones that are extra long) and even though I was praised by my driving instructor in a Toyota Echo, I had a hard time trying to drive a used '95 van. It scared me enough to not renew my permit to get my license, so I just made the excuse to put my education first, and not learn how to drive.

My 15 year old brother wants to get his permit early so that he can "soupe up" our dad's '97 Ford F150 (but since our Dad works in construction and has an aging '84 F150, I don't think he'll let go anywhere near the truck(s) ) and that just disgusts me. Teens nowadays just wants to go fast. If I want to go fast, then I'd overclock my computer and put more memory into my computer. If I want to customize something and show it off, then I'd modify my computer case, add more fans, water cool it, paint it, and put the stickers of all of parts I have in it, and host the pictures on some website.

We have to make the permit process harder for people to do, and the process to get a license even harder.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I never bought him that video game. It's amazing that these game stores will sell anything to anybody without regards to age. Believe me, his video game collection is now considered boring by his friends after I got into his room.

You know it's crazy because I once complained to my co-worker that my boy's giving me heat! My co-worker said, "Is he doing drugs, have bad friends, swears, drinks alcohol, stay out late at night, bad grades?" I said no. He said "so what's the problem?" How do you argue that one?

The permitting process is easy just like before, it's the licensing that's become difficult to obtain. I have a problem with the Driver's Ed program however. I pay over $700 to have an instructor teach and certify my boy to get to the next phase of getting his license. But I have to log 50 daytime and 10 night time hours with him on my own time? My boy spends more time behind the wheel of our cars than the instructor's car.

Now here's the ironic part. Nowhere in the drivers ed program is there a provision for parents to learn the instructor's way of teaching the proper method of driving. So after a cumulative 60-hours behind the wheel with the parent as the instructor (with bad habits), the kid learns the parents way of driving. If that's the case why do I need to pay $700 to somebody if I'm doing the teaching? He should be racking his brains out with 60-hours in the passenger seat with my boy.

Okay so don't get the license for him right? Did you know as a teenage minor, some businesses and school campuses require the student/employee to have a drivers license even though they won't operate a company or school vehicle? My boy wants to work at school after hours but he needs his driver's license. I asked if a State ID would work since he won't be driving any vehicles. They said a State ID is not the same as a drivers license. DUH but if the purpose is to identify the student as that person then it shouldn't matter. No response. End of story. Okay he wants to work, we gotta get him his license.

I've become alcoholic after two-hour days as a passenger to my boy's driving. My wife after the second week of this torture already had a cold one ready for me when we came home to settle my nerves.

The state is making getting a driver's license very hard indeed but it's gonna lose taxpayers in the process from parents getting heart attacks from their children's driving. 60-hours as a passenger to your kid's driving! That's inhumane!

Comment

There's some screwed up things in upper power now.

But anyone can buy a M rated game, regardless of age. A couple of years back, I saw a 15 year old male (he went to the same school as I, and I seen him in some underclassmen classes) who went to the cashier and bought a M rated game. The cashier didn't check for any ID, but that sounded an alarm. I won't name the department store, but it happened a few times at other stores. The only store that did the ID check, was the video game stores at Pearlridge.

Comment

If anyone can buy an M rated game then why do we have these ratings for anyway? It seems the M rating is just a marketing ploy to tell underage kids that this is a really cool game with a lot of sex and violence.

These games are the reason why today's kids do such deranged things. And to think it all started with something as simple as Pong! Who woulda thought that Pong would be the corruptive evil that will end mankind! Makes you wonder about other seemingly innocent toys like...Hasbro's Boxcutter's game! Oh no now they're dropping buildings with airplanes with it!

Comment

Then where's the Adults Only games?

And what's the difference between rated M games and AO (Adults Only) games?
                          One has more violence, sex, and drugs than the other?

And its the parent's job to know what their kid is playing, and to know who are the kid's friends.

My Mom was very tight about our friends, but since she gotten busy with her jobs, she just lets us go and hopefully we learn (atleast for my younger brother and sister).

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456

well, since they are adults, they don't play games.
                            at least not these kid's games.

Comment

Some people are much worse than just "lacking aloha!" Some people...have an utter contempt for anyone decent, kind, etc...an utter contempt for good and innocence. Some people have pure evil inside them. They look like us on the outside, but I am convinced they are Not really like us. Sorta like body snatchers, some people are....subhumanoids.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456

And what's the difference between rated M games and AO (Adults Only) games?
                                One has more violence, sex, and drugs than the other?

And its the parent's job to know what their kid is playing, and to know who are the kid's friends.

My Mom was very tight about our friends, but since she gotten busy with her jobs, she just lets us go and hopefully we learn (atleast for my younger brother and sister).
                                Eh Adrian:
                                Go give your Mom a biiiiig hug of aloha from me! She has brought you up to be the kind of thoughtful young adult I wish this country had more of! She actually taught you the kind of values most of us adults are lamenting kids of today don't have (respect for others, among other things).

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X