I AM Moving Wednesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I AM Moving Wednesday!!

I wish you all the luck in the world. You are leaving the only state(Oregon) on the mainland that I'd ever consider to live, and heading into an area were ignorance is the norm. Of course I haven't been to that end of the states in over 30 years. The only places I felt safe was in big cities like New Orleans, Atlanta. I ended up hitchhiking through most of the south because my VW bus threw a rod in southern Ohio(Cambridge). West Virginia was like something out of Rod Serling's "Night Gallery", or even the "Outer Limits". Plenty of pickup trucks drove around with bumper stickers that saidSupport your local Klan in these southern states. You're moving into area were GW Bush's has most of his base.

But on the bright side, the drive across America will be really fun for you and the kids.
    Is that you in the Avatar? If so, is your hair still pink? You might consider changing your hair color, don't give those 'Rednecks' any ammo kiddo.

If you do go threw NO, make it a point to stop in at the French Quarters, and go get a meal at 'Buster's Soulfood. Back when I was there it was 40 cents for a plate of Beans & Rice with all the french bread you can eat. For twenty cents more they will ad backbone to that plate of beans & rice..

Best of luck to your ohana. By the way, if you don't mind me asking. What kind of a work does your hubby do?

Comment

M husband is a printing pressman so he can work anywhere in the USA

We looked at California but don’t want to live there and besides we LOVE rednecks and hicks! LOL

As for the Rod Sterling backwoods atmosphere…That is AWESOME!
      WAY better than being spit on because my brother is in the Air Force or having things thrown at me when I go to send him off at the airport.
      Or having my car vandalized because it is a Pathfinder and not a Prius (I have 3 kids).
      If you think Oregon has all these great values that the East is missing than you do now know what happens in the extreme on this side…there are downsides here too. Especially for a woman who’s family is in the military and is not a hippy.

Well, for everyone else we hit Coalinga California this evening we left Thursday at 5pm instead of Wed. But it’s all good we have time

Oh and I will never change my color....if people don't like it, it is their issue...I like it! It's me (:
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        [...]Oh and I will never change my color....if people don't like it, it is their issue...I like it! It's me (:
        <high 5>, Blue...errrr Pink!!! Stay true to yourself!

Comment

Well, for everyone else we hit Coalinga California this evening we left Thursday at 5pm instead of Wed. But it’s all good we have time
          Yay! Blue's first "on the road" report! Let the fun of the voyage commence, and may you have marvelous weather the entire way!
          Especially for a woman who’s family is in the military and is not a hippy.
          ...and for those who aren't yet regular readers here and other places, I'm pretty far to the left (slightly too young to have been a hippie, but damn close sometimes), yet Blue and I get along just fine. Mutual respect, even in areas where we would disagree - there's a lot of examples of that on these boards - we're proof that it can happen.
          Last edited by Leo Lakio; May 12, 2007, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Yay! and for those who aren't yet regular readers here and other places, I'm pretty far to the left (slightly too young to have been a hippie, but damn close sometimes), yet Blue and I get along just fine. Mutual respect, even in areas where we would disagree - there's a lot of examples of that on these boards - we're proof that it can happen.
            THAT is VERY true....Along with my other liberal friends
            Seems I am the abnormal conservative LOL

We are in Flagstaff tonight, we made good time today. It was a GREAT driving day! I have to say Calfornia was very disappointing to me. I had always envisioned this lush beautiful place, but it was dry and desolate and even the palms trees were all dead!
            But here is a picture of the wind turbines!

I know everyone might have seen them but I have not so it was exciting. Justice my 4 yr old was estatic! He kept saying "WINDMILLS!! HUNDREDS OF WNDMILLS!....so that was pretty cool.

Arizona was better and more beautful than I had ever imagined. I am enjoying the green eastern Oregon "look" and the rock landscape.

After the dreary LONG California drive the rest is cake. I know some of Cali is pretty but not for me! All I could think of was all the green palm trees n Hawaii and all I saw was brown limp palm trees!
            Well, off to call the Mother's for Mother's day!
            Happy Mother's Day all

Comment

Oh yes and I forgot to add all the photos are taken from a car going 85 MPH LOL from the window!Pretty good for action shots !

I cannot believe that the speed limit in Arizona is 75! and Cali is 70! Oregon has nowhere over 60...I was shocked!Trip goes much faster!

Comment

[...]I have to say Calfornia was very disappointing to me. I had always envisioned this lush beautiful place, but it was dry and desolate and even the palms trees were all dead![...]All I could think of was all the green palm trees n Hawaii and all I saw was brown limp palm trees![...]
                Too bad you weren't able to drive thru Laguna Beach. It certainly isn't Hawaii but it's a very picturesque village and the palm trees are green! Ditto for Carmel. Both towns are charming. I doubt, however, driving from Oregon to Arizona, that you saw much, if any, of the California coastline!

Hopefully you'll get a glimpse of the Grand Canyon. Fascinating!

Comment

This is fascinating. More photos! Keep us posted.

Comment

Love your roadtrip updates Blue! Keep on with the pictures.

I see you went through my area of Southern California, wish we could have met up somehow but I'm sure you were in a hurry to get through this area, don't blame you! Eh, now you see why I look around and get homesick for my true home, ku'u one hanau. *Sigh* My kids get a kick out of the windmills everytime we pass them as well on our way to visit their grandpa in Arizona.

Good luck on the rest of your trip, have a safe one! Aloha.
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Well, there was a big accident in New Mexico, so we are in Santa Rosa tonight. New Mexico and Arizona are some of the prettiest country I have ever seen....beautiful!
                      NM is so colorful and Albequerque was just lovely, even the freeway!

Comment

I know, no background but these 3 boys are doing so well on this trek! They are awesome!

Comment

Last edited by blueyecicle; May 13, 2007, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Un-effing-believable, Blue! Looks like you're checking out the beautiful and the quirky. (AF, looking over my shoulder, says "wow, she's got a good eye!")

Comment

LOL I have some weird pics I know but the freeways and things were so colorful, I couldn't help it.
                              Can't wait to get home and readjust all the pics on the home computer. This laptop is not quite what I am used too! Tell the AF Thanks (:

Comment

Well, we made it to Nashville! WOW smells so sweet!
                                Oklahoma is BEAUTIFUL!
                                Arkansas was the rudest most bug filled place I have been. People yelled at me and pushed my son, we had hundreds of bugs all over the van and in out hotel....weird place..I won't ever go back!
                                Texas Kicked BUTT!! I have some cool pics. But my internet s really bad outside of Nashville. Fun fun! Kids are having a ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X