Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New federal law makes animal fighting a felony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New federal law makes animal fighting a felony!

New federal law makes animal fighting a felony
    In The Advertiser http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...05040369/1001/

"WASHINGTON — A new federal law makes it a felony to promote or stage cockfights or other animal fights, and offenders could get up to three years in prison.

President Bush signed a bill yesterday that makes a felony out of many activities connected to animal fighting, including:

# Buying, selling or transporting animals across state or international borders for the purpose of fighting.

# Knowingly sponsoring or exhibiting an animal fight.

# Buying, selling or transporting knives, gaffs and other weapons used in cockfighting."

No moa Cock Fighting in Hawai'i? Ever since I can remember...there has been Cock fighting. Even if it was illegal. Somehow, somewhere there would be a gathering. I, myself have witnessed Cock Fighting. I mostly go to eat da delicious kaukau at the games. Too bloody and vicious for my eyes. Much too noisy too.

Will this New Federal Law stop the games from happening? Nah....it will make it less and much harder to find. But it won't stop it from happening. It's part of our culture.

Just my opinion early this morning.

I ono for Chicken Paria Soup or Chicken Adobo!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; May 4, 2007, 06:36 AM. Reason: I for fotgot to put comma...why badda you? don't let it!hahaha
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: New federal law makes animal fighting a felony!

It's common like everywhere BUT the US.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

When I was in High School we used to fight Bettas and bet on the outcome. I wonder if this law covers fighting fish?
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
        When I was in High School we used to fight Bettas and bet on the outcome. I wonder if this law covers fighting fish?
        Go ask BUSH!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
          I don't think so. This is the bill that Bush just signed. If you read the definitions section, in this context only birds and mammals (except humans) are "animals". So you can breathe easy if you're wanting to hold a betta fight... or an extreme alligator wrestling fest... or a tarantula vs. scorpion deathmatch.

Comment

I *think* holding animal fights was already a Class C felony in Hawaii (at least fighting dogs is) so I dunno how much of a deterrent the new law will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              I *think* holding animal fights was already a Class C felony in Hawaii (at least fighting dogs is) so I dunno how much of a deterrent the new law will be.
              Probably won't do a thing as there's no law to keep and raise fighting chickens. It's only trying to control the "fighting" part of the "hobby".

Comment

Working...
              X