Letter Carrier Food Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Carrier Food Drive

Just a reminder that the postal service food drive is this Saturday. I'm sure we can all find something in our cabinets to donate!

Just gather non-perishable food items, place in a bag, and put it out by your mailbox. The letter carrier will pick it up and it will be delivered to local food banks.

Re: Letter Carrier Food Drive

It will be interesting to see how many tenants will donate from MWH. Practically all of them are Food Stamp recipients and stand in line for Food Distribution from the Food Bank once a month.

I'll donate but I'll have to wait by the mail box...bumby not going be dea when the mail man come.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah, I have no excuse this year (I forgot last year). This time around, a local real estate company had a whole bunch of plastic grocery bags printed up (with their logo on them, of course ) and had the carriers stuff one in each mailbox. So I have my bag next to my front door. That's half the battle...next I gotta remember to fill the bag up!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Yeah, I have no excuse this year (I forgot last year). This time around, a local real estate company had a whole bunch of plastic grocery bags printed up (with their logo on them, of course ) and had the carriers stuff one in each mailbox. So I have my bag next to my front door. That's half the battle...next I gotta remember to fill the bag up!

Miulang
        I've gone through my pantry cabinet and collected quite a load of stuff. If I had multiples of things I tossed some of them in the bag. Shopping at Costco I tend to have multiples of lots of things. Tuna, soups, soba noodles, pasta, Quaker oatmeal, and another box of cereal.

And a five-pound bag of Jasmine rice. What the heck.

Comment

Working...
        X