Tattoo Me Hawaiian Style!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo Me Hawaiian Style!!!

Ok, Since i'm going to OAHU in September... and I already have 7 + tattoos... I wanted to get one done in Oahu..

I want something tribal like a lei around my ankle..

REWIND-
    When I was a 15 year old teen... my friends and I got a hold of some indian ink... so...I did my own tat on my left ankle which says my maiden last name "La Chica" ... well its the blackish green color now.. and I want it revamped hawaiian style...

anyone have suggestions or ideas on where to get good tattoo's in Oahu?

Thanks!!!

Re: Tattoo Me Hawaiian Style!!!

Here, read the thread on Polynesian/Tribal Tattoos.

Comment

humm I read some of the posts in regards to the past tattoo topic..I'll have to read more if there are Tattoo places listed on those posts... but I kinda got the feeling that if I'm not hawaiian I shouldn't get a hawaiian tat?

the question... am I hawaiian? No- I'm -Filipina/Spanish

Do I have any hawaiian ties? Well, blood no.. My husband from the age of 1 grew up in Oahu and lived near Ewa Beach. He moved when he was 10. And went back and fourth every other year to visit family.. So in sense thru marriage... I have possibly some hawaiian ties.

Yes I very much so respect the hawaiian culture. So, no I'm not asking for a real Tribal Samoan type of tat.. but more I guess.. no offense.. comercialized?.. how do I umm explain..

I want a lei around my ankle. Would that offend the real Hawaiians if I did that? Maybe... some..

I'm not asking for a story to be tatted with a shark tooth... and my intentions for this is not to offend anyone.. This is just really for myself.. and the love I have for Hawai'i.

Comment

I think a tribal-type tattoo and a tattoo of a flower lei are two different things... with more issue taken with the former.

Comment

a tattoo is your personal way of displaying art on YOUR body.
          I'm still looking for a honu design that I can incorporate with my current tat.

My opinion is if you like the car, drive it.

Flame on...
          -kp!

Comment

she is looking for someone/place that will do a tribal inspired lei design around her ankle...one that can coverup her current "la chica" design...

nothing that is sacred or truly hawaiian symbolism... just a good clean sterile place that can give her a commercialized tattoo.

I know 808 Tattoo in Kaneohe is supposed to be pretty good (wonders if they are still in biz....) anyway maybe someone here might know of other shops to check out
            Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Working...
            X