The incredible flying portapotty!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The incredible flying portapotty!!!

True story just told to me by a friend...

Friend was sitting in traffic yesterday on Ala Moana fronting the new high rise being constructed on the old Waikikian property. He's watching as the huge crane is ready to grasp 2 portapotties, somehow banded together, from the ground and move them onto a place higher up. The crane's claw (or whatever it's called!) grasps, lifts and...yes, what's going thru your head right now is what happened! At about the 15' height one potty door swings open and a workman starts yelling frantically. My friend pulls over to watch this scene play out!

Workman, terrified, is screaming his lungs out. My friend, who remained in his car could hear the guy even with his windows up! Other workers on the ground are screaming up to the crane operator. By now the potties are flying at about 30'! Eventually someone radios the crane operator who gets the message and lowers the potties!!!

Ooooh...to have been a fly on the wall of the occupied portapotty when it left the ground! The obvious tag line at this point is to say the guy was "scared $h!+less"...but it was probably true! It took him 15' to get his pants back up and open the door!!!!!

Now, that woulda been a great one for the Flip and YouTube!!!
    Last edited by tutusue; July 20, 2007, 04:43 PM.

Re: The incredible flying portapotty!!!

I waited all day foa my Watercress to come. It just went all ova my desk and every way else too. Even up my Big Beautiful NOSE!

Pua ting da Kane!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      yes, what's going thru your head right now is what happened!
      Nah, I was thinking that sh!t was about to fly out of the portapotty and onto the road below.

Man, if I was that unfortunate guy, I'd never use a portapotty at a construction site ever again.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
        Nah, I was thinking that sh!t was about to fly out of the portapotty and onto the road below. [...]
        Maybe it did!

Comment

Maybe it did!
          *kid on sidewalk: look mama, chocolate!*

Comment

Just for some laughs I looked up in You Tube to try to find any videos of this.I did find this video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGBS-y3C7nk
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Sweet mother of Marvin. Sue, get your friend a Flip Video camera!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Sweet mother of Marvin. Sue, get your friend a Flip Video camera!
                I know! I know! My daughter's condo faces that construction site. I told my friend he should've called me 'cuz I would've dashed up the elevator and had a bird's eye view of this incredibly funny event...a perfect YouTube moment. I should probably take a chair and the Flip out to the corner of Ala Moana and Hobron and sit for awhile. Lotsa stuff goes on in that general area, so much of it jaywalking!

Comment

True story just told to me by a friend...

Friend was sitting in traffic yesterday on Ala Moana fronting the new high rise being constructed on the old Waikikian property.
                  That's a wild story Tutu that truly only a video of it would have had maximum impact. Scared "$##tless" is the word!

As for this high rise Hilton is building there, I think it's a monstrosity for them to wedge that within that narrow strip of land. I hate it.

Speaking of that, I was talking with an engineer working on the project, and he said when they dredged the lagoon in front, there were some HUGE barracudas in there!
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                    Just for some laughs I looked up in You Tube to try to find any videos of this.I did find this video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGBS-y3C7nk
                    damn. If I was in that potty when wind blows, you'll see the fastest fat man running out of there. (then again, the winds have to be atleast 100mph)

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      [...]As for this high rise Hilton is building there, I think it's a monstrosity for them to wedge that within that narrow strip of land. I hate it.

Speaking of that, I was talking with an engineer working on the project, and he said when they dredged the lagoon in front, there were some HUGE barracudas in there!
                      I think it's a travesty that the Waikikian and Tahitian Lanai are gone...regardless of the reason.

If the lagoon was dredged today they'd probably find a lot more than barracuda...compliments of that poor, unsuspecting workman!

Comment

Working...
                      X