This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

My Pet Peeve is when your family buts into your parenting of your teenager and they act like their child is an Angel when you know what they are doing and they don't.

When people want you to stay out of their parenting but want to but into yours. UG sick of it!
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

my pet peeve for today. or, should i say my irritation for today?

so the other day i was told by a neighbor that he had shared some of the mangoes i had given him with two other neighbors. no problem there. the following day, i dropped some off at neighbor #1 and #2's homes. while walking my dog, i passed neighbor #2's house and saw her in her yard. i asked her if she had gotten the mangoes. she replied that she had and was so thankful. i did not get a chance to ask neighbor #1 if she had gotten her bagful. however, today she set-up a table and was selling mangoes that really looked like the ones i had dropped off. well, they were no longer MY mangoes and i guess she can do whatever she wants with them?! why do i think they were my mangoes? well, i packaged them in a don quixote (spelling) green bag when i gave them to her. i then spied her removing mangoes from the same kind of bag and setting them on the table. alright. so maybe i'm jumping to conclusions?
      Last edited by kani-lehua; June 25, 2008, 04:09 PM.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

kani-lehua, Two words for dat woman. Whack Whack!!

No class.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

hehe, auntie lynn! howz da married life?

whack whack hea and one whack whack dea hea a whack dea a whack everywhea a whack whack whack! no moa mangoes foa dat one.
          "chaos reigns within.
          order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            hehe, auntie lynn! howz da married life?
            Married Life is Bliss.

It's either Lake Tahoe or Reno for our Honeymoon.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

today's pet peeve results in deserved laughter at someone at their own expense.

i absolutely hate it when people who have no expertise in something try to tell someone who is an expert on that subject how to do things related to their area of expertise. invariably, the non-expert insists his view is correct, thereby causing other experts to confirm the first expert's opinion. the irony is that it all becomes comedic entertainment when the non-expert laughably continues to cling desperately to his non-expert and, by now, proven to be inane, opinion, all the while disparaging the experts. by this point, even other non-experts can see quite clearly what a complete dolt the non-expert is, and that his lower alimentary canal is pretty much interchangeable with the upper one.

superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Heh. Cyn, that one could be a daily peeve just about every day, couldn't it? It happens so often (in my view - I'm no expert, mind you ).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Heh. Cyn, that one could be a daily peeve just about every day, couldn't it? It happens so often (in my view - I'm no expert, mind you ).
                  could be--but like i said, in the end, it's laughable. takes the stubbornly stupid, tunnel-visioned people in the world to make the rest of us appreciate the reasonable ones, even if some of us reasonably-minded folk have to act like a dick to get the point across.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                    even if some of us reasonably-minded folk have to act like a dick to get the point across.
                    What? Why, I'll have you know that I'm never "acting"!!!

Oop.

I mean...uhh...

...never mind.

Comment

so today i was just sooooo IRATE at the hospice aide who bathes mom. once again, she was late and mom had not eaten yet. i try to feed her lunch before the aide comes in so that there's no interruption and because mom tends to doze off after a bath.

this morning she, the aide, told me that she would be coming at about 1230pm, but might be early (she is totally aware that mom eats around this time as we have spoken to her about it). i told her that our paid caregiver would be here to help her get mom into the tub. 1245 comes around--no aide. 100pm comes around--no aide. finally, i called st. francis' office and told the person that i was trying to get in touch with the aide. she said, "give me your number and i'll tell a!@#$% to call you. no sooner do we hang-up and the dumb a!@#$% shows up and just waltzes in. i told her to please give mom a quick bath as she still need to eat.

i asked her, "don't you usually call when you're going to be late?"
                      aide: "yeah but i'm rushed."
                      kani: "what? you know what !@#$ this isn't the first time. you better get your act together. my mom still needs to eat."
                      aide: holds up her hand and gestures talk to the hand. "well, you're still talking to me and holding me up. you're not my boss."
                      kani: "yeah, i had to call your office to find out where the h!@# you were." "you need to get your act together. you're so full of excuses." "your patient is waiting for you!"

she then tells the paid caregiver that she was late because she wanted to give him time to cool-off before she got here because the last time he was perspiring profusely. that is true, but the clock is ticking and he gets paid to start at 1230pm. he, too, was late in starting because he was on the phone and mosied in about 1240pm. not a problem because we owed him 15 minutes.

so anyway, i called the hospice nurse to report that a@#$% was late again and that we had gotten into an arguement. at the same time, a!@#$% was calling to make a complaint against me and said that i was yelling at the top of my lungs and pointing my finger at her and that she wanted to slap my face. yes, the volume was very high, but i was not yelling at her nor was i pointing my finger. liar. the hospice nurse then wanted to talk to our paid caregiver to find out his version of the story. the a!@#$ no longer wants to come here thank GOD!
                      Last edited by kani-lehua; July 3, 2008, 06:13 PM.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

My only pet peeve in my whole life time, is my monthly cramps !!

I trully hate it!!. Damn it, Eve, why the heck did you ever bite that apple for?!?!. Now, the rest of us women are suffering for it!!. GAWD!!.

Men, feel lucky that you don't have at all!.

To me, (for you guys-) it feels like some one is twisting your 2 da kines down there back & forth continually. UGH!!.

Yeah, I know, TMI.

Just adding on my two cents for the pet peeve thing, cuz, that is what I don't like the most when I have it on a month to month schedule.

Ciao & Aloha.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Besides people who thrrow their cigarette butts out on the road or anywhere besides a trash can, my biggest pet peeve are guys who blow their noses in the sink. That's f#@k%n disgusting! They should get head slaps for that. As if their shnott isn't flying everywhere else!

Comment

i dunno, bob? blowing their noses in the sink sounds better than clearing their sinuses and throats then spitting/splatting the whole mess on the walkway for the unsuspecting to step in.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                              My only pet peeve in my whole life time, is my monthly cramps !!

I trully hate it!!. Damn it, Eve, why the heck did you ever bite that apple for?!?!. Now, the rest of us women are suffering for it!!. GAWD!!.

Men, feel lucky that you don't have at all!.

To me, (for you guys-) it feels like some one is twisting your 2 da kines down there back & forth continually. UGH!!.

Yeah, I know, TMI.

Just adding on my two cents for the pet peeve thing, cuz, that is what I don't like the most when I have it on a month to month schedule.

Ciao & Aloha.
                              um, serenity--if your cramps are that bad, you should talk to your doctor about them. i know women who are on birth control not for its contraceptive purposes, but bcs it helps ease the severe pain they suffer during their period. also, i've had the experience of switching birth control just so that my mood swings are not so drastic. (tho even with what i'm on, eric thinks they're bad enough). you can also talk to your md about not having your period every month. some (like me) have it every quarter; some have it once a year.

on to my pet peeve:

i hate gossips.

i hate name-droppers.

both ilk, in my opinion, have self-esteem issues. if you constantly have to talk about other people, then obviously, you don't feel that you yourself are interesting enough (tho there are those who have the opposite problem and like too much to hear themselves speak about themselves--but that's not my pet peeve today). either that, or you think that talking about other people, usually not in good terms, is some worthy currency that gives you power, which is just terrible.

lately, i've noticed that there are those gossips who name-drop--and even worse, do so to talk not only about the person whose name is being dropped, but to spread "news" about the personal difficulty the person whose name is being dropped is going through.

confused? i don't blame you, so let me give you a hypothetical example. let's say that i have a mildly personal relationship with...lavagal (which i don't). (lavagal, i'm using you in my example bcs you have a certain level of fame. hope you don't mind.) i call it "mildly personal" because the only way i know her (again, hypothetically) is she's a friend of my cousin's friend and she happens to shop at the same grocery store i do. we exchange pleasantries when we see each other in the frozen veggie aisle, but it's not like she would call me a "friend." let's say that one of the dailies prints a story that says lavagal has some sort of personal tribulation going on that is deeply troubling to her.

next day, i see her at the grocery store. i stop her as she's picking peaches, grab her on the arm, and say, "hey, i heard you're (insert whatever she's going through here). how are you doing?" lavagal, being polite and cornered, tries not to sigh while putting down her peach. she shares more information with me than she normally would share with someone who's a virtual stranger.

that very same night, i go and blab her business to people who don't know her personally but only know who she is, bcs she has a certain level of fame.

to me, that kind of behavior is turds-of-the-earth reprehensible and only complete butt canals display this behavior.

just because something is "news" doesn't mean it's your business to share.

Comment

I'd say that qualifies as a pretty good peeve. Now, if you'll excuse me, the tabloids are calling, and I need to fill them in on the rumored "personal tribulations" Lavagal is having - thanks for the lead! (I heard about it through "HawaiiThreads"!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X