X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    The Apple Store is a lot more fun than an attorney's office!
    And a more enjoyable way to spend $5,000.

Comment

speaking of real estate law: we just found out that we absolutely have to do a 1031 exchange with our kapolei home that is a rental. when it's sold, we will have to buy another rental or rentals. we were hoping to use the proceeds to build on our land on the big island. there is a way of doing this but it is way too complicated. we were steered into putting the home into an LLC to avoid personal liability. if we change the title again and back into our names, we would have to live in that house for 2 years (principal/primary residence) to avoid/deter any capital gains. that's how i understand it. so yeah, i'm a little peeved.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Maaaaan, I had the crapiest day yesterday (10/08/08) !!

My hubby staid home to hang out with me, but sometime during the day late afternoon, my hubby & I went to coyne street, & parked his car on a business parking lot.

He originally wanted to get a haircut, but we ended up in rainbowbooks for a little bit, then some guy "that was contracted" by AAA, came by asking different people about who owns what car. Then he asked us if we "we owned a blue honda on the alley", now we are thinking, that is NOT part of the parking he must be asking about, so, we replied NO. Thinking that he must know his cars pretty well. So, then, we left the bookstore, walked over so my hubby can get a haircut. Then we were heading out, cuz he was finished. Next thing we knew, my hubby's car was being towed. His car didn't at all look anything like a Damn Honda!!. Evidently the guy doesn't know his cars at all!!. WTF?!?!
        That car is my hubby's busines!! ( he is a taxi driver).

Plus, where we saw him trying to tow my hubby's car wasn't in an alley, it was a place of business in a parking lot!! WTF?!?!!!

I think the guy was on drugs or something, he didn't even know the right directions he was explaining the customers in the bookstore where he was going to tow cars!!! WTF?!?!!!

Good thing that there was a law that has been changed to where, they can't charge people as soon as they catch their vehicle from being towed, & to drop their tow off the car!! Oh we were Pi--ed OFF!! BIG TIME!!.

We had to argue with the guy just so that he wouldn't tow it away!!

How the heck were we suppose to go home??? &/or how the heck were suppose to get his car?? Via an expensive ride back with another taxi driver just to re trieve my hubby's car??!!

My hubby asked if anyone complained about it, he said no, & they were only patrolling vehicles in the lot that any cars didn't belonged there. WTF?!?! We have been going there for a long time, & that has not ever happened to us!!.

That guy was just so hungry for money!!!. GAWD!!.

I was still mad, so we saw passer bys, & told them to be careful about their car, or else their car would get towed too as we were slowly leaving.

The guy sweared at us as were leaving,(how unprofessional is that?!?! ) so I gave him the double middle finger!!. I figure, exchanging words is still legal, but, if he came by, & touched me (hurted me big time), that would consider to be assult, & I could call the cops on him!!.

GAWD, I wasn't affraid!!. He was a BIG BUTTHOLE!!.

Then I had a appointment early evening too, & that also turned out to be a
        big waste of time, we waited 75 minutes for nothing!!. the end of the day was so sour for me!!

So we ended up on a bakery to get some pastries. We got this really cool chocolate topping ice cream puff (in an aluminum container pan).

And I ate 2 of it. Some how, the day didn't turn out so so bad. I guess, I figure by eating something sweet, off sets it, or counter reacts it. lol.

We ended up watching tv, before heading to bed.

GAWD, that guy from AAA, I hope he ends up doing something wrong at the end & gets fired for it, too!!.

Don't know if my hubby will/can sue.

That guy really needs to research his cars very well!!. We Didn't even have a honda!! WTF was he talking about?!?!!!

GAWD!!

Woke up, & couldn't sleep, so figure I would go into the internet for a bit, until I get drousy again.

Nite nite.

I'll be heading to bed againg a bit.

CIAO. Aloha.
        Last edited by Serenity; October 9, 2008, 04:08 AM.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Renting a kayak in Kailua SUCKS!

The place I took a mainland visitor to was unfairly expensive, and they were very rude to us. When I expressed that I didn't appreciate their behavior, one of the staff actually rolled their eyes and said "Ugh. Its always the locals that complain" and walked away. Wow, that's some way to treat a member of your community, huh?

Its the first time I rented a kayak, and I'll never go there ever again, and will never recommend this place to anybody. In fact, I am going to go out of my way to find another kayak rental place, in case any future visitors want to go kayaking.
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post

I think the guy was on drugs or something, he didn't even know the right directions he was explaining the customers in the bookstore where he was going to tow cars!!! WTF?!?!!!

That guy was just so hungry for money!!!. GAWD!!.
            Hmmmm....I gotta ask.

Was he driving a Orange Tow Truck?

Cause if he was...das the same Terror Tow Truck Driver dat is known in Public Housing! He is known for what you described but nothing is done. He continues haunting and intimidating others who are too afraid to fight for their right. I've asked management to conduct a mandatory drug test. Especially, for the safety of our children. Alas, nothing so far...as he continues to roam freely as a vampire on wheels.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Hmmmm....I gotta ask.

Was he driving a Orange Tow Truck?

Cause if he was...das the same Terror Tow Truck Driver dat is known in Public Housing! He is known for what you described but nothing is done. He continues haunting and intimidating others who are too afraid to fight for their right. I've asked management to conduct a mandatory drug test. Especially, for the safety of our children. Alas, nothing so far...as he continues to roam freely as a vampire on wheels.

Auntie Lynn
              Hmmm...........

Not sure, all we saw was the letters "AAA" on his truck, & we were Pi--ed off as he was towing our car away!!.

I hope you get your issues resolved. I know how important that is.

Best wishes to you, & Best of luck to you.

Hope that "Vampire on Wheels" gets caught!!.

Aloha.
              Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                [...]
                ...then some guy "that was contracted" by AAA, came by asking different people about who owns what car.
                [...]
                GAWD, that guy from AAA, I hope he ends up doing something wrong at the end & gets fired for it, too!!.

Don't know if my hubby will/can sue.
                [...]
                Purely based on my experience, AAA drivers are great. So, if that was a sanctioned AAA tow truck, has hubby contacted AAA with a complaint stating date, time, location, truck's license # and driver's name, if known? Driver has already done something wrong. Stop hoping he'll get fired and take action. I doubt there's cause for a lawsuit...possibly small claims court IF you lost any money.

If hubby puts as much passion into complaining to AAA as you did into your HT message, Serenity, both of you just might get some satisfaction and help get the tow truck driver off the road. If it wasn't a AAA affiliated truck then, again, you should get some satisfaction knowing that you've reported unauthorized use.

Complaints to businesses work as long as you complain effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Purely based on my experience, AAA drivers are great. So, if that was a sanctioned AAA tow truck, has hubby contacted AAA with a complaint stating date, time, location, truck's license # and driver's name, if known? Driver has already done something wrong. Stop hoping he'll get fired and take action. I doubt there's cause for a lawsuit...possibly small claims court IF you lost any money.

If hubby puts as much passion into complaining to AAA as you did into your HT message, Serenity, both of you just might get some satisfaction and help get the tow truck driver off the road. If it wasn't a AAA affiliated truck then, again, you should get some satisfaction knowing that you've reported unauthorized use.

Complaints to businesses work as long as you complain effectively.
                  Thanks for the reply back . My hubby just called, & told me that he will take actions inregards to how we were treated yesterday (with the towing etc.).

Thank you.

Aloha.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                    Renting a kayak in Kailua SUCKS!

The place I took a mainland visitor to was unfairly expensive, and they were very rude to us. When I expressed that I didn't appreciate their behavior, one of the staff actually rolled their eyes and said "Ugh. Its always the locals that complain" and walked away. Wow, that's some way to treat a member of your community, huh?

Its the first time I rented a kayak, and I'll never go there ever again, and will never recommend this place to anybody. In fact, I am going to go out of my way to find another kayak rental place, in case any future visitors want to go kayaking.
                    not to make light of your situation, but heh, now you're considered "local." isn't there another place across kalapawai market in the strip mall that rents kayaks? or are they the same vendor?
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

• The current trend of irritating children's names

Maddison, ugh!
                      Just heard it again and I'd rather hear Diva nails scraping on a chalkboard, pumped thru a stack of Marshall's on 11. See, that's one more than 10...
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                        heh, now you're considered "local."
                        Hey, good of you to catch that, k-l; t-girl, that aspect ought to turn this into a "best part of today" instead! Congrats - you've arrived!

Comment

Actually I am not sure if I should post this on either "pet peeve" or "stupidest people award", Maybe it doesn't matter either way .

My hubby tried to cancel his "capital one" credit card, I heard him state that he wanted to cancel his account probably 5-10 times within a whole minute or two. lol. . OMG!! They are so Frgn persistent !!. They don't really want him to cancel his account, but all I heard is the fact that they are not listening to him, &/or don't want to, just so that they can keep him on, when all he wanted was to cancel his account!! GAWD!!.

Finally he was finally able to cancel it, while as I was totally insulting them in the background while listening to my hubby trying to cancel his account.lol. Call me a meany, or rude,but what ever.

I'm just glad that it wasn't me that was trying to cancel my account, otherwise, I would tell them what for, when they continue going around the bush about not want me to cancel the account. lol. I would either tell them off or totally insult them if they were not listening at all.

Maybe infact, capital one should be awarded the "stupidest people award", for acting stupid, & not listening. lol.

I figure once a horse is dead, no nead to keep beating it all the more.

If a person wants to cancel it, that's it, he/she/they have already decided, & there is no 2nd guessing about it. STOP trying to convince us otherwise!! GAWD!!.

Hey Capital One, get some ears, for crying out loud!!!. GAWD!!
                          *mad icon smilley*
                          Last edited by Serenity; October 13, 2008, 05:20 PM.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

and i thought my pet peeve of a hell day was bad.........my warmest aloha to serenity and her husband

pet peeve of the day was standing in line for 30 minutes at price-busters having to deal with that in-grown zit manager of an a$$h073 gallon of lard, conceived by and through the throat, heffer, of which i am sure her lard - gel wearing full of lice hair - coconut climbing tree - eating f$ckf#ce bastard child blah

all of this over an exchange - an item i bought 10 minutes before - not knowing i grabbed the wrong color shower curtain that i spent only 2.99 - she refused to allow me to exchange the darn thing - because i walked out of the store with it - all i asked was to exchange it to the burgandy color - but no - she was excersing her limited power trip - to tell me i couldn't exchange because i walked out of the store with it - that did not make any sense at all

i ended up throwing it in her face and walked out of price-busters

i so wanted to put my big fat legs up her ying yang - but i couldn't because i can't get away with it here - i had to remind myself i am not in brooklyn - i am in hawaii

yet that didn't stop my mouthing from running - i wasn't

i'll go back there tomorrow - just for the hell of it.

i had to laugh at myself an hour after it happened - it was just wasted energy over a shower curtain that i spent only 2.99

oh how anger allows you to become a beast
                            stay forever young

Comment

"What's in your wallet?"

AAAACK!!! A dead horse! Get it outta there!!! What is this, "The Godfather"???

Comment

SP, you just keep your cool and firmly demand the uppermost mgr. on duty if the clerk won't bend to straight talk. Then you make sure the clerk is put in a light that will resonate in the mgr's. mind after you leave.

Then go back the next day and see if the worker still has the same attitude.

If you encounter a mgr. whom also has a bad attitude, get their boss' name/# or the corporate # and burn their ears.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X