Funniest Part of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Funniest Part of the Day

funniest part of my day, considering it's only 27 minutes into the new day, is finding the following items on overstock.com:

the ex five piece knife set

hillary clinton....nutcracker extraordinaire!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

True story...

Not today, but back when the Superferry first went Kauai, my girlfriend's coworker's car (from Oahu) was on the dock there and got vandalized. (that's not the funny part).

When he told the story, he said, "Brah, and I get "turtles" on my car (da' Honu sticker)! Turtles!" To which everyone told him, "Brah, anybody can get "Turtles". What you need is da' Kau Inoa stickah!"
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        "Brah, anybody can get "Turtles". What you need is da' Kau Inoa stickah!"
        Like hanging a puka shell necklace from the rear-view mirror of a rental car, to make it look "local." Not fooling anyone - except other tourists, maybe.

Comment

Overheard the other night...

"Filipinos are like stoned Mexicans"

Hey, hey. My girlfriend is part-Filipino!

"Stoned Mexicans" is wrong on so many levels. I almost died LOL'ing!

And I'm half-Portuguese, so I no can talk. lol!
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

True story...

Not today, but back when the Superferry first went Kauai, my girlfriend's coworker's car (from Oahu) was on the dock there and got vandalized. (that's not the funny part).

When he told the story, he said, "Brah, and I get "turtles" on my car (da' Honu sticker)! Turtles!" To which everyone told him, "Brah, anybody can get "Turtles". What you need is da' Kau Inoa stickah!"
            Ho man if you get the kau Inoa, Kamehameha Imua, and the SHOPO sticker on your car man das some clout. Oh yeah and the Hawaii Loa community window sticker plus the Outrigger Canoe Club decals too!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Overheard the other night...

"Filipinos are like stoned Mexicans"

Hey, hey. My girlfriend is part-Filipino!

"Stoned Mexicans" is wrong on so many levels. I almost died LOL'ing!

And I'm half-Portuguese, so I no can talk. lol!

*arches brow* i'm really not sure how that can be funny. maybe i need to hear more on the context of that one.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                Wasn't there one that hung around the makai end of Fort Street Mall with a sign about needing money to seek justice?
                yes. he's since passed away. if i remember correctly (and i may not) what i read in one of the dailies around the time he died, the justice he was seeking had something to do with the government.

Comment

I had to go shopping for a children's cooking class that I oversee. As I was checking out, the cashier asked me if I was making a dessert. I replied that this was for a children's cooking class. (I had canned mandarin oranges, and cream cheese, etc. on the conveyor belt) The lady next to me quipped, "Well bring the leftovers to us, cause we'll eat it up for you!" LOL

When I told my boss this story she said, "Beau, aren't you going to enter the cooking contest I'm conducting?" I said no, then she said, "I told all my seniors what a great cook you are!" I replied, "Are you kidding me?!" "Ever since Michael (my former co-worker) left, I feel like I'm buried in paperwork!" "The last thing on my mind, is to enter a cooking contest in addition to everything else that's going on!" LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X