Dr. Robert Flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dr. Robert Flowers

Thanks for the support Muilang, Dr. Flowers has a radio show that appears periodically on KHVH AM 830 in Honolulu. Because of that he's in the public eye even more so than virtually all other plastic surgeons and for that people see his demeanor.

There are times when people would call just to be sticklers to the subject of plastic surgery and will debate him on spiritual grounds (God gave me this so I shouldn't change that...You're playing God when you change a person's appearance). And because he will indicate that your ideas may not be what's best for you. He's an artist/sculptor and can see the beauty in everybody's features. Sometimes a facelift isn't necessary just an eye lift. Or during his interview with him he may realize that breast augmentation isn't the answer to your problem, but maybe a talk to your pastor may be in order.

It is those people that have problems with Dr. Flowers. He has done a lot of reconstructive surgery, some from the result of a botched plastic surgery from another surgeon, so there is some animosity from others in the field.

In your initial interview you'll find out for yourself if you can trust him. He may even decline your consideration for him as your surgeon. He will only work with you if there is mutual trust between both parties and for that some take it personally.

So there you go, there are those who have negative thoughts of him. Yes he has been sued in the past for faulty work. Those cases involved complications from surgery he recommended against, individuals who didn't follow precise post-operative care, or from those who didn't disclose an accurate medical history that inhibited a safe post-operative recovery.

Dr. Flowers is world-reknowned, an expert in his field, a dedicated professional, a Christian, an artist, a father, and a husband. He's eclectic, sincere, and brutally honest. That last one is what gets him into trouble. As he states, "Plastic surgery isn't for everyone, but for those who want to seek an improvement for a fault in their lives"...Dr. Flowers can help.

Those who walk into his practice seeking to better themselves for the sake of spite will be turned away. Those who want to create a facade while not working on their inner self will get turned away.

Those who have been cheated out of life in deformaty or accident or those who have completed their own self help and now want to polish off the final product with a make over, will be accepted.

Which of these types are you? If you feel you will be turned away then it's time to look at yourself and ask whether plastic surgery is right for you or if some internal healing is in order. This is what Dr. Flowers is all about as his motto is, "It's more than skin deep" because plastic surgery only works on the surface, only you can make the difference from within. Sometimes it takes someone else to tell you what's right and what's wrong for you. Dr. Flowers in his brutalistic honesty will tell you to your face.

Isn't that what you really want to hear from someone that will purposely disfigure you? Total trust in your surgeon is a must and to have one disagree with you on the basis of humanity is good. If he was that bad as some have indicated, he wouldn't be practicing now, nor would he still be doing lectures around the world.

Good luck!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Hi Craig,

Thank you again for all the information you have provided, along with your support and your candor. I truly appreciate it.

Now that I'm almost ready for the holidays, I'm actually very excited about the upcoming surgery. It is a huge relief to finally have all the arrangements secured. And, I am feeling much more comfortable with my decision to go with Dr. Flowers. One thing for sure is that his staff is so supportive and NICE! Compared to the offices here in Beverly Hills, every person I spoke to at his office has been wonderful.

I will let you know how everything turns out.

In the meantime, have a wonderful, healthy holiday season!

Comment

How I wish I could be worrying about having plastic surgery...some people so lucky! I lucky I live in Hawai'i despite all our problems especially against Small Business Owners! Growing old is betta even with da wrinkles,sags and whatevas, LIVING to grow old is another thing! Shucks!

1stwahine! Merry Christmas to all and Happy Happy New year!
        Last edited by 1stwahine; December 22, 2004, 08:36 AM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

One cheap way to get rid of the wrinkles is to get fat.

Ho boy when Larry Price dropped the weight...WOW he looked older!

We all have different things to worry about at different social levels. To the WalMart employee its worrying about feeding their family and staying employed. To a person on welfare, its worrying if the welfare check doesn't come in time for the next car payment or electric bill. To Linda Lingle its worrying if the Walmart employee can keep their job so she can tax the hell out of him so she can write that welfare check to the person on welfare so that person can pay their electric bill.

It goes on and on. Heck if you got the time and the money, enjoy it because YOU earned it. How you spend it is up to you and only you. You will be judged about your sincerity whether you gave or received. I have money to burn now but didn't have before, I thank God for my fortunes. When my lawnmower broke and had to get it repaired, it didn't get fixed in time for my one year old's baby luau. (mow the lawn for the tent). So I bought another one and got the job done. Yesterday I gave it to a Title one family my wife is administering care to as a Headstart manager. They're happy that they got a once used lawnmower, and I'm happy because it went to a deserving family. Excess? Yeah it was but now I'm back down to one lawnmower and feeling less guilty about that indulgence.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            One cheap way to get rid of the wrinkles is to get fat.

Ho boy when Larry Price dropped the weight...WOW he looked older!

We all have different things to worry about at different social levels. To the WalMart employee its worrying about feeding their family and staying employed. To a person on welfare, its worrying if the welfare check doesn't come in time for the next car payment or electric bill. To Linda Lingle its worrying if the Walmart employee can keep their job so she can tax the hell out of him so she can write that welfare check to the person on welfare so that person can pay their electric bill.

It goes on and on. Heck if you got the time and the money, enjoy it because YOU earned it. How you spend it is up to you and only you. You will be judged about your sincerity whether you gave or received. I have money to burn now but didn't have before, I thank God for my fortunes. When my lawnmower broke and had to get it repaired, it didn't get fixed in time for my one year old's baby luau. (mow the lawn for the tent). So I bought another one and got the job done. Yesterday I gave it to a Title one family my wife is administering care to as a Headstart manager. They're happy that they got a once used lawnmower, and I'm happy because it went to a deserving family. Excess? Yeah it was but now I'm back down to one lawnmower and feeling less guilty about that indulgence.
            CraigWatanabe, Very wise words...yes, by all means, when one has it, why not splurge on ones self or anything one's heart desires. Point understood and well taken. Several months ago I gave my electric wheelchair to Salvation Army cause I thought I would never need it again, plus my children said it was old and if ever I should need one, they would get me a new one. Two weeks ago, I was supposed to drop off some clothes to IHS but never got around to it. After submitting this post I am going there to finally bring the five bags and make others happier for the Holidays. Although my son and daughter are not in Iraq this year, my son is in Afganistan after being injured twice in Iraq and returning with sharpnel imbedded in his chest. He was deployed less than a year. My late husband died of Lou Gerigh's disease in 1997 and I suffered two strokes. I recovered completely but I had succumb to crack cocaine for two years. The hurt in my kid's eyes, hate and my belief in GOD in my heart brought me out of the madness and evil in which being an addict brings. Today, I am over two years clean but the stupidness of my past is now haunting me with a vengence. Today, I fight a disease that is rapidly taking everything I am. Yes, I live at MWH and how I wish I had welfare sometimes. I don't. Still the rent is cheap and my children want me to move out due to the increasing problems that MWH is having. I keep telling them no body bothers me, I get the biggest mouth here and I don't run from a fight. However, when my son returns, I'm sure he is going to make drastic changes for me. All my children are scheduled to be in Hawai'i for the first time in seven years, in April 2005! It's supposed to be a happy event and I hope it won't be to bury me. Yes, if one has it...why not. I'm all for that! I'm off to IHS, I'll be back online in 30-45 minutes! Going to bring some cheer to the ones less fortunate than me!

Just got back. Mahalo, CraigWatanabe!
            Last edited by 1stwahine; December 23, 2004, 11:15 AM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X