Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Warriors vs. Fresno State

Final score: 37-30.

Dang, that was too close for comfort. But a win is a win. Whew.
    So, what happens with the rankings now?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Whoa!!!

Just saw the highlight of Colt taking a mean hit on K5 News at Nine.

A Grade 3 concussion. Wow. I don't think he'll be playing next week's road game.

Go Ryan! (We gotta support him now.)
      Last edited by Random; November 10, 2007, 08:39 PM.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Final score: 37-30.

Dang, that was too close for comfort. But a win is a win. Whew.
        So, what happens with the rankings now?
        Go WarBoiors!

I'll be sure to watch the game tomorrow morning at 10am on K5. Thanks to all of you for the great play-by-play commentary of the game! Fun! Much mahalo!
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          um um um um um um

GO SAFEWAY KAPAHULU!
          wuu2!!! shopping carts with cupholders and “grind-your-own” fresh-made peanut butter!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Here is a sad postscript to this past weekend's football game:

College Football at Aloha Stadium - A Disaster Waiting To Happen
            By C. Housepian

The good news: my family and I are now back home in California and had a great 5 days in Hawaii. The bad news? Fights, alcohol, lax security, and thug fans have turned Aloha Stadium into what is likely the most horrible game day atmosphere in college football.

Continuing to show more interest in us than the game, the Hawaii fans began hurling full water bottles into our section. One bottle hit a Fresno fan 5 rows below me and we began covering our heads and had to start watching the section to the southwest of us for incoming debris. Bottles started coming from the upper decks and as mentioned on the BarkBoard, one almost hit Marlon Moore’s family. The University of Hawaii and the WAC is very lucky no one was seriously injured or killed by the flying bottles.
            Read the entire article. This kind of behavior should not be condoned.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

That was originally published on the Fresno State section of Scout.com, the "Bark Board," and on the front page of Hawaii's area: Aloha Stadium - A Disaster Waiting To Happen. Apparently the WAC is looking into it, and the Scout.com Hawaii moderator is opening the door to a rebuttal from Hawaii (as some allege the Fresno fans instigated things).

I gotta say, from the few UH games I've attended recently, and as a UH alumni, I have no doubts about the reports of poor Warrior fan behavior. As much as I love attending games, I feel unsafe and under siege from thugs and drunks, even when sitting in a 100 percent Warrior fan section.

Apparently, beer sales are more important than a safe, family environment for college sports, so I haven't been in much of a hurry to attend games, despite our current winning streak.

Comment

I don't know how true this is but because of the article some Boise State fans are saying they will cancel their trips because of the article above.

There will always be bad fans. These bad fans make it unsafe for everyone.

Last year I sat surrounded by a sea of Gold in the Purdue section. I was uneasy for a bit but after a while it was fun. We talked about how the season was going for both our teams. I will say I thought the Oregon State fans were a little more arrogant.
                just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                  Apparently, beer sales are more important than a safe, family environment for college sports, so I haven't been in much of a hurry to attend games, despite our current winning streak.
                  Well, reading from the excerpt posted here, there is no mention of beer bottle or can being hurled.

Think we should ban bottled water.

Mind you, I don't condone any violent behavior at any event, games or otherwise. Throwing any object at another person that can harm them is considered violent behavior.

To any thugs who condone or deliberately participate in such physical behavior, even though you don't intend to cause bodily harm, don't bother to go to the stadium. Watch it on TV.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    Apparently, beer sales are more important than a safe, family environment for college sports
                    Originally posted by Random View Post
                    Well, reading from the excerpt posted here, there is no mention of beer bottle or can being hurled.
                    All kidding aside, let’s remember that the Stadium Authority did try to ban alcohol sales, but were rebuffed by students, administration and the general public. I’ve also never been to a game where the other team’s fans weren’t drinking too.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                    X