• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washington vs. Hawaii Score prediction

Just on a whim ... Warriors 52-31.

Comment

yeah, it sucks that the WA players are getting here so late! of course we hope that the bows will blow 'em away but it takes away from the sweetness of the win if they're at 60 or 70%. (i hope the wet weather will not be a factor!)

so many possible scenarios but here's my guess: 45 - 21. it'll probably be higher but i'll stick with the lower prediction.

it'll be interesting to see who's prediction is closest to what will happen in a few hours! will the winner get a free dinner at nobu's?!?

go bows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by shaveice; November 30, 2007, 09:09 PM.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Regarding the delayed flight -- apparently the Washington team had to sit around their airport for nine hours before their flight finally took off.
        That can't be good.
        For them.

Go Warriors!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

UW alum here, but I love the whole background story on Colt Brennan and I want Hawaii to get some respect and get a shot at a BCS game.

UH by 27 points.
          * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I'm sure the Huskies are grateful to be in Honolulu today. It snowed in Seattle this afternoon. We have about an inch of snow on the ground right now.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
              I'm sure the Huskies are grateful to be in Honolulu today. It snowed in Seattle this afternoon. We have about an inch of snow on the ground right now.
              Safe to assume you won't be heading down to The Islander to join Braddah Gomes for the game-viewing party tonight? (Neither are we, but that's because we have another commitment.) Gonna be an oasis for UH fans in the Big City.

Comment

Here's the prediction from our major newspaper, The Seattle Times:

Prediction: Washington should be able to move the ball on Hawaii; the question is whether it can keep up with the Warriors, who should have no trouble throwing on UW. The great unknown is whether Hawaii's record is really a function of its schedule, or if the Warriors are really that good. Guess here is a little of both, meaning a close game that the home team wins late. Hawaii 48, Washington 38.
                * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Safe to assume you won't be heading down to The Islander to join Braddah Gomes for the game-viewing party tonight? (Neither are we, but that's because we have another commitment.) Gonna be an oasis for UH fans in the Big City.
                  Nah, I'll just watch it from the comfort of my house. Don't need to hassle with the idjits who will be slipping and sliding away down in your neck o' the woods once it starts getting colder this evening.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                    Here's the prediction from our major newspaper, The Seattle Times:
                    I think the Warriors will be Sugar Bowl-bound and tonight's game will be fairly close until the end. Hopefully, it'll be as exciting as the Seahawks v. Bears game I went to a couple of weekends ago.

Miulang

Comment

How in the heck do the Dawgs get their heads and bodies into the game. The change in climate, the fatigue, sitting around for hours on end. Not good, not good.

At least the family of coach Willingham will have had one win this weekend: their son's team won the state championship last night.
                      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Last night ESPN said that Washington's coach feels that the only way they can beat Hawaii is to control the clock. Lots and lots of short yardage runs, just to eat up the clock because they know Hawaii can score very fast. If our defense can stop that plan, it'll be a wipeout of a game.
                        Game time forecast is for Kona winds of 20-25 knots and perhaps gusting up to around 35 knots, and a 50% chance of rain.

Go Warriors!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Loved seeing city busses today with "Go Warriors" instead of route info on their front display panels!

I'm already a wreck. Last week-end I had the freedom to change the channel when I thought I was going to hyperventilate! <g> Tonight a friend is coming over and he's a total football freak! I guess when I start to get overwhelmed I'll have to hide out in the bathroom with my iPod. Or go to the building's lobby! I'm such a wus!

Okay...check list:
                          paper bag - check
                          iPod - check
                          headset - check
                          drugs - check, check, check

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            Game time forecast is for Kona winds of 20-25 knots and perhaps gusting up to around 35 knots, and a 50% chance of rain.

Go Warriors!
                            Halawa Weather Conditions at 4:50 p.m.:

Heavy, dark clouds rolling in from the southwest (Kapolei) to northeast direction. Clouds blanket the area, but no rain, yet. Partly-sunny in the southeast. Winds from the southwest (Kona wind) at approximately 10-15 mph. Partly muggy.

Halawa Weather Conditions at 5:25 p.m.:

Update: I can see a good rain coming down in the Waimalu-Pearlridge area, though the stadium/Halawa area is still fairly dry. Slight drizzle falling occasionally. Neighbor still washing his car. Optimist!

Up in Halawa Valley, it is dark, overcast and raining. Cars coming down H3 from the tunnels all have their lights on.

Winds from the southwest (Kona wind) at approximately 10-15 mph. Partly muggy.
                            Last edited by zztype; December 1, 2007, 04:23 PM.
                            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                              I predict the score to be: Hawaii 35, Washington 27
                              what do you guys think?
                              I think you were amazingly close, K., damn good prediction.

Comment

I fold happily.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X