Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UH Warriors vs. Washington

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
    Do you think anybody in Hawaii will be willing to go to a game, 2 days before Christmas, that features East Carolina and perhaps Boise State? I just don't see that match-up creating much interest in Hawaii or just about anywhere else, save for Boise and Greenville, NC.
    I think Boise will draw the local crowd, though perhaps not in the kinds of numbers one would like to see. I don't know what the service academies' records look like, but I think someone like Navy or Air Force could get a huge local crowd.

Still, I think it's nice that the Boise St. players want to come back. I think there's a great respect from Hawaii fans for the team that handed us our behinds for six years straight and took over what was supposed to be OUR conference once the defectors left.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I think Boise will draw the local crowd, though perhaps not in the kinds of numbers one would like to see. I don't know what the service academies' records look like, but I think someone like Navy or Air Force could get a huge local crowd.

Still, I think it's nice that the Boise St. players want to come back. I think there's a great respect from Hawaii fans for the team that handed us our behinds for six years straight and took over what was supposed to be OUR conference once the defectors left.
      Yeah, we can make Hawaii the Bronco Nation.

Would be extra sweet if all bowl-qualified WAC teams win their respective bowl games.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Incredible game last night. UH showed a lot of heart & poise to come back from two 21-point deficits. Colt had a heck of a game and the D rose to the occasion when it mattered.

I know the Sugar Bowl will be tough against Georgia, but I have faith in the Warriors and I think they will show the rest of the country how good they are.

Comment

as excited as i am about the upcoming sugar bowl, i'm a little surprised that no one mentioned the scare when colt went down. and that last pass: it hit em right on his chest and he missed it! i don't think he'll be sleeping well for some time!

anyway, that's all in the past. can't wait till game day!
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

We`re PROUD of you Guy`s (HAWAII WARRIORS)
            Mahalo for an awesome season and you guy`s go get`um at the Sugar Bowl. Geev`um da Hawaiian Punch.
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Yeah, we can make Hawaii the Bronco Nation.

Would be extra sweet if all bowl-qualified WAC teams win their respective bowl games.
              A rivalry is a rivalry, but a fellow conference team bowl win is a great thing for us all, which is why I hoot and hollared like hell in support of Boise State when they upset Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl last year.

ESPN2 will rebroadcast UH vs. UW this Wednesday at 8PM. I already set my DVR for it, and it looks like it'll be 2 hours. It's not known if the whole game will be shown, but let's hope so.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

The two-hour version is the dreaded: DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS, WE MOVE AHEAD TO FURTHER ACTION ..............

I have the entire game on DVD-R, with the commercials edited out.

Comment

Working...
                X