Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sugar Bowl - Warriors vs. ...

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I have been saying for YEARS that the first game of the season for whoever finishes first and second in the WAC should be a grudge match with whoever finishes first and second in the Mountain West. Maybe this would be better: The highest-qualifying WAC team vs. the highest-qualifying Mountain West team in the Hawaii Bowl. Because yeah, I think you're right: Boise State vs. BYU would be quite the crowd-bringer, I think.
    Yeah that would be great. Re-focus the Hawaii Bowl and make it a WAC vs. MT. WEST conference top finishers game. Surely would draw a crowd.... because Boise vs.... who... East Carolina? Ummm... I think most people will stay home and celebrate Christmas.

I think some die hard football fans will attend to see Boise again. Certainly many people from Boise will come back to Hawaii and play in the sunshine again, especially now that the Rockies are socked with big time snow.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

So, Lei, are you going?

That all depends on a) whether or not my boss will be kind enough to give me a week off for the New Year, b) if my cousins in Houston will want to go and make that 5 hour drive to New Orleans with me and c) if my friends in the BR are willing to let me stay with them again.

It's a pretty pricey package that I could *maybe* afford, but it would be at least 400-500 cheaper if I flew into Houston nonstop and stayed with my friends in Baton Rouge. The drive from Baton Rouge to the Superdome only takes, at most, an hour.

We shall see.

I've got family in DC that are driving 20 hours. That's some dedication.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think you're right: Boise State vs. BYU would be quite the crowd-bringer, I think.
        Against BYU, I would paint myself Bronco Blue and jeer against that former WAC (and UH rival) team.

Damn, I'm old.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          Against BYU, I would paint myself Bronco Blue and jeer against that former WAC (and UH rival) team.

Damn, I'm old.
          I'd do the same thing!

How long was this UH vs. BYU rivalry going on before BYU seceded from the WAC?

Maybe it's because it's only been a few years since Boise State joined the WAC, but when it comes to the Broncos, I just don't feel that same pure hatred feeling we all got when BYU was in town.
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            Maybe it's because it's only been a few years since Boise State joined the WAC, but when it comes to the Broncos, I just don't feel that same pure hatred feeling we all got when BYU was in town.
            Yeah, I'm only jealous of the five-time WAC champion, Boise State.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
            X