Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I don't watch UH basketball.
    Me too. No offense to anyone.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

• Re: Sugar Bowl: UH Warriors vs. Georgia

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
      even ESPN had the grace to exclude the "overrated" line. who the heck is so sloshed at honadv that they didn't do the same??!!
      Did they stick Treena with website duty again?
      I kid! I kid!
      ... mostly.
      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Me too. No offense to anyone.
        Pun intended?
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I'm wondering just how hurt Colt was. I mean, were his injuries so bad that he couldn't come back into the game? If not, he certainly deserved to finish. Colt is the main part of the reason we went 12-0 and got to the Sugar Bowl in the first place, so he deserved to go out playing instead of on the bench.
          It's not like Graunke could've won the game. He had the advantage of coming in in the 4th quarter, when Georgia's linemen were finally getting tired. I wonder how Graunke would've done at the beginning of the game.
          I'm not picking on Graunke. I just want to know about Colt. If he coulda finished, he shoulda been allowed to.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            I'm wondering just how hurt Colt was. I mean, were his injuries so bad that he couldn't come back into the game? If not, he certainly deserved to finish. Colt is the main part of the reason we went 12-0 and got to the Sugar Bowl in the first place, so he deserved to go out playing instead of on the bench.
            It's not like Graunke could've won the game. He had the advantage of coming in in the 4th quarter, when Georgia's linemen were finally getting tired. I wonder how Graunke would've done at the beginning of the game.
            I'm not picking on Graunke. I just want to know about Colt. If he coulda finished, he shoulda been allowed to.
            when your QB's been sacked 8 times (hurried, hit, and knocked down even more times than that), looking at a possible NFL career, the games out of reach, the O-line's beat up and getting outmuscled and run over, it's best to protect his body--a body doesn't heal as well as an ego.

Colt couldn't have won it either, so it didn't matter who was back there. UGA's front 7 was not tired, 'cause they rotated very frequently. And defensively, UGA is very deep like most other SEC teams. Good idea to put in Graunke.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I think it was smart to keep Graunke in. Colt took a hell of a beating. And, considering the lickins Graunke took, it wouldn't have mattered which QB UH started.

Constant in-your-face pressure does a number to anyone's timing and accuracy.
              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                Pun intended?
                Well, I have no defensive argument.
                Last edited by Random; January 1, 2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

the last line of this AP piece on the honadv's website REALLY ticks me off.

a oozy, itchy, flaming pox on the right cheek of paul newberry. i don't care which right cheek as long as it hurts and lingers a long, long time.

I was there, yes, the last line in that story sucks, but the UGA fans were very well organized in all their chants and songs. They have got several. They have amazing school pride.

Watching Georgia was like watching an NFL team play. The other line in the AP story is 100% true. Those UGA boys were simply "too big, too fast and too strong"... It was like watching the UH play a NFL team. Oh and let me add to that, their band is twice as big and they have twice as many cheerleaders and what else... the list goes on... They have an amazing program. Lots of pride and apparently, lots of money too!

On the way out of the game, all the Georgia fans were very cordial to us. I only saw two rude UGA fans on the way back to our hotel which was about a 2 mile walk.

One guy told a older Japanese couple to "go home" and another was serenading everybody with his chant of "Theres nothing fined in the land, than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan" but they were the exceptions.

The thousands of other Georgia fans we walked past didn't say anything offensive. Some thanked us for coming and walked beside and chatted with us, asked us about the Ha'a & our ti leaves.

Of course we didn't go into the French Quarter tonight. Things are probably different in there but the NOPD has a strong presence. I hope all goes well in there tonight. I wouldn't want anybody to get hurt or give the Hawaii fans a bad name by getting into drunken brawls.

See everybody later. This is my last post from N.O. We hit the road early in the morning. Too much alcohol and not enough sleep in the past 5 days.

Aloha!
                  GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

You not staying for the BCS National Championship Game?

Comment

the last line of this AP piece on the honadv's website REALLY ticks me off.

a oozy, itchy, flaming pox on the right cheek of paul newberry. i don't care which right cheek as long as it hurts and lingers a long, long time.

Originally posted by aloha-anon View Post
                      I was there, yes, the last line in that story sucks, but the UGA fans were very well organized in all their chants and songs. They have got several. They have amazing school pride.
                      the newberry piece, as it originally appeared in the honadv, read thusly:

NEW ORLEANS -

There was no repeat of the Boise State Miracle. The Georgia Bulldogs were simply too big, too fast and too strong for the team from paradise.

Knowshon Moreno ran for a pair of touchdowns in the opening quarter and the Bulldogs' defense made life miserable for Brennan, a Heisman Trophy finalist and catalyst for the nation's highest-scoring team. He was sacked eight times, threw three interceptions and lost two fumbles, one of them recovered for a Georgia touchdown.

After getting slammed to the Superdome turf one last time by Geno Atkins, Brennan staggered to the sideline, his night mercifully done. The junior had the worst showing of his career in a game played to the finish, going 22-of-38 for just 169 yards - less than half of his 348-yard average this season.

Hawaii finally got to the end zone with 10 1/2 minutes to go and backup quarterback Tyler Graunke running the offense. He tossed a meaningless 16-yard TD pass to Ryan Grice-Mullen while Brennan watched from the sideline.

In all fairness to the Hawaii star, this wasn't really a fair fight.

Georgia was dominant in the trenches, on both sides of the line. Brennan rarely had time to throw, while Moreno and Thomas Brown, the Bulldogs' 1-2 backfield punch, found plenty of room to do their thing, especially in the tone-setting first half.

After Brown leaped into the end zone for a 1-yard TD late in the third quarter, the Bulldog faithful serenaded Hawaii with chants of "Overrrated! Overrated!"

No argument there.
                      forbes has it here if you, too, want to get your blood pressure up.

i sent their sports editor a scathing email:

What’s wrong with you guys over there? Don’t you read an entire piece before selecting it, or were you just going for column inches? What the heck were you thinking, NOT editing out Paul Newberry’s line about UH being “Overrated! Overrated!” Even ESPN’s online site had the decency and class to leave it out: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=280010061.

Thanks for reminding me why I read you guys online for free but actually subscribe to the Star Bulletin.
                      i just checked, and the last paragraphs of the piece at the honadv now read:

In all fairness to the Hawaii star, this wasn't really a fair fight. The Bulldogs were so much stronger, so much faster, so much better in so many areas.

Even so, it was tough to be serenaded with chants of "Overrrated! Overrated!" by the Georgia faithful.

"They're a great football team," Brennan said. "I'm just really disappointed that we didn't show up and at least play our type of football. We're such a better football team than what we showed tonight."
                      clearly, it had been edited. it now has more quotes from brennan, none of which were there before. even if it wasn't my email that got the thing changed, i'm glad that our warriors were treated with more honor. it sure didn't seem like the advertiser was a hometown paper when i read the original piece!
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

it sure didn't seem like the advertiser was a hometown paper when i read the original piece!
                        Umm. Since when did the Advertiser became our hometown paper?

The only thing I care about now is our hometown team.

Make that Hawai'i's team.

Comment

I think Graunke was in to prepare for next season's opening @ Florida. He will face a team that is as talented, fast, strong as that Georgia team. Hopefully he plays with that same fire he showed tonight. We may have seen a quick preview of next season.
                          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                            I think Graunke was in to prepare for next season's opening @ Florida. He will face a team that is as talented, fast, strong as that Georgia team. Hopefully he plays with that same fire he showed tonight. We may have seen a quick preview of next season.
                            Yeah, I know Tyler should start next season, though someone here (not me) want Bo Levi Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post

The only thing I care about now is our hometown team.

Make that Hawai'i's team.
                              umm...oh yeah, you cared a whole lot when you practically agreed with newberry that the warrior football team was overrated by saying he was just being "brutally honest."

pfft.

it's either that you were just so caring, or that you were just so lazy in reading as the advert's sports bureau was when they posted original piece in its entirety with its "overrated...no argument there" part.

which one are you gonna man up to and admit being?
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

which one are you gonna man up to and admit being?
                                I admit I was lazy in reading the last part. Didn't I already said that was over the line?

I only cared for what seems to be an analysis of the game.

Are you going to keep hounding me that I'm not fan enough now? You want to measure me if I'm a Warrior fan now? You still want to keep this going? I'm trying not to hate you, fan to fan.

You sure you want to end the thread this way? Going at each other's throats?

Or do you want to call peace?
                                Last edited by Random; January 1, 2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X