June Jones' Successor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June Jones' Successor

I voted for Norm Chow. I would have liked to have seen him at Stanford, but they went in another direction.

FYI yesterday's San Jose Mercury News played up Dick Tomey for both AD and Head Coach. Didn't see anything in today's edition.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

hi this is sansei and i would vote for either dick tomey who was once U.H. head coach or greg mcmackin or maybe dennis mcknight is they look to be qualified and in my own humble opinion,i believe jj made a huge mistake by jumping ship to go to Smu to coach the mustang's is that I Think Jj could've once again helped the warrior's go once again to the sugar bowl or some other bowl and make our UH winner's as they should've been.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Looks like Tyrone Willingham (the UW Huskies Coach) might be in the job market too. The Huskies boosters are out for his blood...in 2 years he's taken the Huskies nowhere.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          Looks like Tyrone Willingham (the UW Huskies Coach) might be in the job market too. The Huskies boosters are out for his blood...in 2 years he's taken the Huskies nowhere.
          Disagree. Two years is not enough time to turn a program around. I know the boosters are impatient, but Willingham's a good coach and deserves at least four or five years to prove himself. He's got what will probably be an NFL-caliber quarterback and the brains to make something happen. Bobby Curran interviewed one of the UW radio broadcasters and the guy said Willingham might not survive the season, but that he should, and that he hoped he would. I hope so too.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Disagree. Two years is not enough time to turn a program around. I know the boosters are impatient, but Willingham's a good coach and deserves at least four or five years to prove himself.
            Please - tell that to this guy.

Comment

Wow. That article is both amusing and infuriating. This is what I want to know: If UW goes 9-2 next season, will those fans vowing to stay away until Willingham is fired still stay away? I sincerely doubt it. What a bunch of losers.

Rick Neuheisel wrecked the Huskies' winning tradition; even my UW alumni friends were embarrassed by him. I certainly hope the majority of UW fans realizes that this is all Neuheisel's fault, and that Willingham deserves to finish his contract, at the very least. I'm not saying he'll turn it all around; I know too much about football to make such a stupid prediction, but I know this man doesn't deserve firing.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm gonna hate myself for posting this...

I agree with sansei for putting Greg McMackin's name in the hat for HC. It seems that Miano and Reinebold are withdrawing their names in support of the returning Defensive Coordinator.

Okay, I've wrote it. I have to go disembowel myself now. Gomen Nasai.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

McMacken is IT. Period.
                  The coaches and players are fully behind him, and it keeps everything in place with no (or very little) re-start-up loss.

My hat is totally off to him for delaying any move to Dallas, and keeping it all in the family. We are so lucky to have this good news, and if the UH heads blow this, they need to go, far away.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    Wow. That article is both amusing and infuriating. This is what I want to know: If UW goes 9-2 next season, will those fans vowing to stay away until Willingham is fired still stay away? I sincerely doubt it. What a bunch of losers.

Rick Neuheisel wrecked the Huskies' winning tradition; even my UW alumni friends were embarrassed by him. I certainly hope the majority of UW fans realizes that this is all Neuheisel's fault, and that Willingham deserves to finish his contract, at the very least. I'm not saying he'll turn it all around; I know too much about football to make such a stupid prediction, but I know this man doesn't deserve firing.
                    Neuheisel is now going to be damaging UCLA's team like he did at UW and Colorado. You'd think the big league schools would stay away from him; tarnishing the reputation of one college is bad enough, but TWO of them already?? With Neuheisel and coaches like him, it's "win at any cost."

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Neuheisel is a cancer wherever he goes. I forget the sports show I was watching on ESPN, but the commentator mentioned that "maybe it is help of another kind of tradition" that gets Neuheisel wins. That made me laugh.

I agree with the McMacken idea. He's pretty much got the resume of JJ, but without the head coaching experience. He could totally do it and leave the spirit of the Jones system intact. Plus, he's got good street cred for incoming recruits.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just heard that Greg Mcmackin is the new U.H. head coach for the U.H is im hearing the news conference with The New U.H. head Coach and this is great news.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

So quiet, since Sansei broke the latest news. Where is everyone? What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            So quiet, since Sansei broke the latest news. Where is everyone? What do you think?
                            Well, most of us knew that news last night, about 15 hours before Sanei's post, which was after the news conference this morning.
                            McMackin has been the front-runner all along, even among other candidates for the position, so there's no real surprise about the news. It was just a confirmatin of what everyone already expected/knew.
                            McMackin is a great choice, and of course we hope he'll do a terrific job under what are clearly some tough conditions.
                            One condition that isn't so tough for him is that his salary just went from $100,000 up to $1.1 million overnight.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

What a great name for a coach McMackin. They can call his offense the Big Mac Attack! His quarterback blitz could be the McFlurry and his defensive line could be called The Double Quarter Pounders...with cheese
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                What a great name for a coach McMackin. They can call his offense the Big Mac Attack! His quarterback blitz could be the McFlurry and his defensive line could be called The Double Quarter Pounders...with cheese
                                Nah, Big Mack will be his nickname.

His defensive team will be the McSmackins.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X