Todd Jarret, Glock 19, and silliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Jarret, Glock 19, and silliness

Here's a video of Todd Jarret talking about how to grip your pistol. Man, he's fast. Note how well his body absorbs the gun's recoil.

Here's a video of a guy in Iraq, warming up for a qualifying shoot. For some reason I love the plastic-on-plastic sound, when he holsters the Glock in his Fobus.

And this is just plain silly.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Todd Jarret, Glock 19, and silliness

Ahhh, the memories of watching the poppers fly. A blast from the past!

Many moons ago in another life, I was involved in IPSC in the NJ area; one of my attempts at maintaining a marriage that ultimately bit the dust.

As a matter of fact, I just recently sold my .38 Super; it was built by Frank Behlert in Easton, PA in the early '80s, I think. That was a really nice gun.

I spent many a weekend at the local outdoor IPSC meets, and some evenings at indoor practice competition. It was fun! But that's all it was, cause I was not the best marksman while running a course.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
      A blast from the past!
      Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I was involved in IPSC in the NJ area
      /swoon

Do you happen to have anime eyes and carry around a 6' sword, too?

I just recently sold my .38 Super; it was built by Frank Behlert in Easton, PA in the early '80s, I think. That was a really nice gun.
      That's a shame (unless you really want to sell it). My friend needed to sell a nice custom folding knife. I forget who the craftsman was. He made knives for the SF community. Ones they could hammer into a tree and do pull ups on without breaking the blade.

one of my attempts at maintaining a marriage that ultimately bit the dust.
      I'm sure your gun was more satisfying than the man And you upgrade to a better model, I'm sure.

My online friends had a beer & guns get together at Myrtle Beach this past 4th of July. They were firing a M1 Garand, a Spanish M1916 Mauser, a Russian SKS, and other toys.

Alas, it was crunch time at work, and I couldn't attend. I was a very sad panda

QQ
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "

Comment

I didn't really want to sell the Super, but I never used it anymore. With a child around and a three-pound trigger pull, well, I guess the only thing that would have saved us heartache was the slide was tough to rack, and I kept it unloaded. I had a gunlock in it for a while, but even when I did go out to shoot, the storebought ammo was not powerful enough and it stovepiped a lot. Frustrating, and I couldn't/didn't/wouldn't get a lighter spring.

Oh, um....the sword is kinda rusty; been in the scabbard for about 15 years. And no, I have never been accused of having anime anything.

I often wonder how the Behlert clan is doing. Frank Jr and his wife had a little boy they named......Colt! We all hung around together at Behlert Precision in Easton.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
          a three-pound trigger pull
          *whistle*

Oh, um....the sword is kinda rusty; been in the scabbard for about 15 years.
          Haha, nice. My dad had a Tai Chi sword and a Chinese broadsword. Non-sharpened.

Frank Jr and his wife had a little boy they named......Colt!
          Oh lordy. If they had a daughter, I wonder if they would have named her Beretta

Pretty cool, that you hung out with them. Down to earth folk, I imagine?
          "

Comment

Working...
          X