No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiger Woods injured in car accident!

Well put, Kaonohi.

Comment

Tiger Woods' Dad: 'Marriage Is Unnecessary'

Comment

More proof that this whole thing was much more than some pro golfer cheating on his wife:

Economists estimate that shareholders/investors in companies with sponsorship ties to Woods (Nike, Gatorade, etc.) have losses that collectively totals to as much as $12 billion since the scandal. Not exactly chump change, is it?

With the staggering financial impact that his affair set off, me thinks it would be very naive for Tiger to end his self-imposed exile, resume playing golf, and think he can get away with saying "no comment" about the scandal. He's going to have to address the matter before the press at some point and say it with his lips, not through written statements on his website.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

• Re: FM & Kaonohi reconciled?

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          FIE on ye!
          Such prayers for homogeneity would strangle and suffocate the family of Man!

FM & K often disagree - but this is a GOOD thing!
          We see things from different perspectives, not that one of us is wrong or right, but that we share our visions. By so doing we grow closer to the Truth, so long as we can put our egos aside and jointly seek Truth (a slippery devil...).

It is by such discourse that science learns new truths; are we less than they?

Frankie and I are but two parts of the anvil and hammer by which understanding is forged.

But we are yet infants in this enterprise, still learning our art.

When we can learn to do it peaceably, you will know we have taken our first step toward Humanity.

Give us time. We are but infants.

K~~~~~~~~<

we all get flamed once in a while...still tending to my wounds
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            "Professional" or "learned." Essentially, it's all semantics at this point.
            Frankie, and Leo (and everyone else, of course),

Giving this further thought, triggered by your (Frankie's) use of the word 'semantics:' According to her vita the good doctor seems to be both professional and learned, and is offering her opinion based on her profession, so I suppose she is within her rights to offer a 'professional opinion,' which would differ from a professional judgement, which would require some examination of the subject.

I think I read too much into the phrase 'professional opinion;' I gave it more weight than it actually deserves. Perhaps this is common, that when someone gives a 'professional opinion' we listeners kowtow to their education and assume they must probably be right....

However, I suppose professionals are entitled to opinions as well; I may have been too hasty with my criticism of the phrase.

K
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Report: Tiger Woods in Rehab

Comment

Cuba Gooding Jr. has been tapped to play the role of Tiger Woods in an upcoming movie.

Or maybe not?

Hopefully, the rumors are true, for Cuba's sake. His movies in recent years have been rather forgettable. This might be the kind of role that gives his career a much-needed shot in the arm.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Today is Tiger Woods birthday.
                  I'm just sayin'.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, the Year of the Tiger begins on Valentine's Day and I wish all the very best of things for Tiger Woods in it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Today is Tiger Woods birthday.
                      Did he get some cake?

Comment

AT&T has decided to drop its sponsorship of Tiger Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          AT&T has decided to drop its sponsorship of Tiger Woods.
                          I think they should keep him, and create a few hilarious commercials with Tiger texting his sweetie(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                            I think they should keep him, and create a few hilarious commercials with Tiger texting his sweetie(s).
                            yeah they could tag the commercial with: What's texted in AT&T's servers...stays in AT&T's servers!!!

Which brings up a question? Was Tiger Woods texting his girlfriends when he ran over that fire hydrant?
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Here's an interesting take, Tiger should change religions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_409720.html

That will make it ALL better....uh-huh....yup yup

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...r-woods--faith

Comment

Tiger makes the cover of Vanity Fair magazine's February issue. The full article has been posted online. Some recycled/rehashed stuff in that story, including a 1997 interview with GQ mag revealing a side of Tiger that was subsequently supressed by his agents and handlers for the next dozen years. But in light of the recent revelations, those old quotes/dirty jokes take on a new meaning.
                                Last edited by Frankie's Market; January 7, 2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X