UH Warriors vs. Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. Colorado

Battle-tested Hawai‘i (1-1) straps it on in another road game against the Buffaloes (1-1) of Colorado. Will the Buffaloes get spanked again, after a demoralizing 52-7 loss to the California Golden Bears? Or will the Warriors wilt under the pressure of a physical Colorado team looking to bounce back on their home field? Anyone have an internet link? Oceanic Cable figured out how to block cable-card recording of pay-per-view games.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs. Colorado

It's Division 1 football. It's the Big 12. It ain't intramurals, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
      Will the Buffaloes get spanked again, after a demoralizing 52-7 loss to the California Golden Bears? Or will the Warriors wilt under the pressure of a physical Colorado team looking to bounce back on their home field?
      No to the first, yes to the second.
      A shameful performance.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Spoiler alert?

Rodney Stewart's 2 TDs help sluggish Colorado come back to beat Hawaii
        Rodney Stewart rushed for two touchdowns and Tyler Hansen hooked up with Toney Clemons on a 73-yard touchdown toss as Colorado overcame a sluggish start Saturday to beat Hawaii 31-13.

The Buffaloes (2-1) trailed 10-0 at halftime and were booed off the field by the frustrated fans at Folsom Field. A loss in their home opener to Hawaii (1-2) on the heels of their 52-7 debacle at Cal a week earlier and surely the calls would have intensified for the firing of embattled fifth-year Colorado coach Dan Hawkins.
        Was this game broadcast locally? I couldn't find it, at least on basic cable. Fortunately, there was a torrent of commentary on Twitter, which was almost as good as seeing it live.

Comment

Devestating loss...

Season defining day.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

aw, c'mon Ron - either you're a fan or not. if you're really a fan of UH football, you root for them. they lost the game - but, it's only the 2nd game of the season. Let's all keep up our support of them!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              Spoiler alert?
              Yeah, I thought the game would be replayed on K5 tomorrow and maybe some folks would want to be surprised. I just found out there's no replay of pay-per-view games.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              they lost the game - but, it's only the 2nd game of the season.
              Pssst... it was the third game.

Comment

It's déjà vu all over again. UH moved the ball, but once in the red zone, things went wrong, just like last year.

Regarding the telecast, I watched the game at my sister's house, where they have the Pay-Per-View package. The game was broadcast on Fox College Sports, which you can subscribe to on Oceanic for a ridiculous fee. The same thing last week with Army on CBS College Sport. Both of these games were not part of Oceanic's Pay-Per-View package. However, Oceanic offered some kind of special package that added these two games to the Pay-Per-View subscriber. Not sure how much that cost. The UH-Army game was televised the next day (in the morning) on OC 16. The same might happen for the Colorado game.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                  It's déjà vu all over again. UH moved the ball, but once in the red zone, things went wrong, just like last year.
                  Frustrating, two trips inside the 4 yard line of Colorado and 0 points to show for it.
                  It must have been the second half altitude of Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    It must have been the second half altitude of Colorado.
                    Indeed. Staying in Vegas until the day before the game was just dumb. It's impossible to go to a mile-high altitude and acclimate to that in a matter of hours; they should've been there all week.
                    The minute I heard about that, I knew without a doubt that we'd blow it in the second half.
                    And Honoruru, there's no replay today.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Staying in Vegas until the day before the game was just dumb. It's impossible to go to a mile-high altitude and acclimate to that in a matter of hours; they should've been there all week.
                      The minute I heard about that, I knew without a doubt that we'd blow it in the second half.
                      Wow, is that what they did?! I had not heard about this. I knew they stayed on the road after the Army game. I assumed that meant they went straight from West Point to Boulder. Why would they take the team to Las Vegas, instead?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        Indeed. Staying in Vegas until the day before the game was just dumb. It's impossible to go to a mile-high altitude and acclimate to that in a matter of hours; they should've been there all week.
                        Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        Wow, is that what they did?! I had not heard about this. I knew they stayed on the road after the Army game. I assumed that meant they went straight from West Point to Boulder. Why would they take the team to Las Vegas, instead?
                        Now now, guys. Settle down here! To complain about this lack of judgement when it comes to proper road trip planning and gameday preperation is to imply a criticism of the man in charge, Greg McMackin. Surely, his wisdom can't be questioned, being that he's the highest-paid coach in the WAC.

Boy, are we getting our money's worth, or what?
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Even NFL teams have a hard time winning at Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                            aw, c'mon Ron.
                            I'm a fan of teams that come to play and leave it all the field, this team didn't that day and it's a trait of too many UH football teams/players.
                            Even the players say they now know they have to bring it every time. How many times have we heard this after yet again getting spanked by teams they should have beaten? Don't you learn that as a kid?
                            Against Charleston So. we had 4 dropped potential interceptions, and we are all too often dropping crucial passes.
                            We have the players and coaches, we have the schemes, we can put up the numbers, we've seen improvements in many areas, and we can and should have been winning our division! It's the frequent mental letdowns that are killing us every year and that gets real old real fast no matter how much of a fan you are.

Coach Mac is the man for the job, but nobody can make a player go 110% in any game til the last second, it's up to each individual player.

Fight like a Warrior or go home!
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Glad to see that everybody got game experience against Charleston Southern.

Comment

Working...
                              X