UH vs San Jose St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH vs San Jose St.

Now we'll see just what is waiting for UH around the corner...
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: UH vs San Jose St.

This is make or break game for the season as San Jose St. is supposed to be an equal opponent.

Comment

If not at the stadium or in front of a screen around sunset, the place to be is at Fort DeRussy for Stevie Wonder's 'private' show and jammin with the game on your device of choice. Or maybe both could be a rainout.

Comment

Norm Chow is a system coach. The system is three and out offense. It has happened from game one to the fifth game.
        The fan phones on 1420 after the game was flooded with commercials because they were just having negative phone calls.
        Last edited by Walkoff Balk; October 6, 2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

At this point, count on another losing season. There are simply too many things wrong with this team to expect anything different. If the Warriors can match last year’s record, I will be very impressed. That will take both the offense and the defense having a great night on the same night. That hasn’t happened yet this season.

Sometimes you have to start with a clean slate. We don’t have to go off the deep end and fire the head coach mid-season at 3 a.m. (read: Lane Kiffin). What we should do is announce Chow’s replacement before the end of the season, so next year’s recruits have time to commit. I’m sure Norm feels the pressure, and is hoping USC names a new head coach soon. Having (begging for?) his old OC job back and reliving the glory days wouldn’t be a bad deal for him.

Time to cut our losses, though. Going into game 6 without a starting QB and without a win is a crying shame. I pray that this coach finds a way to avoid matching Fred Von Oppen’s record at UH.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Sheesh, what a bunch of cut and runners, probably the same bunch that ran June Jones out of town and couldn't stand to hang with Coach Mac, yet called endlessly for Norn Chow only to now force his head on the block already. Most of this town doesn't even deserve a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              Most of this town doesn't even deserve a team.
              Division 2.
              Bring back Larry Price and the Katoosh kattack.

Comment

Also, bring in Michael W.Perry running the read option in this Hawaiian Moving Company offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  Sheesh, what a bunch of cut and runners
                  Notice, Ron, I said “what we should do is announce Chow’s replacement before the end of the season,” but that’s just a pipe dream. I realize that UH couldn’t fire Chow, even if they wanted to! That’s because the university employs a legal department that is a bunch of cut and runners! They allowed Chow to cut his OC Aaron Price and still pay Price a full year’s salary. Now THAT is the pure definition of cut and run! (wonder where he ran off to? Jamaica? Barbados? Must be nice to be handed a wad of cash to sit on your @ss and do nothing )

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Reardon lead the morning attack for Chow's head, so you had plenty of company. If this coach is worth half of what he's been crowed about all these years at BYU/USC then I'm willing to wait longer than we gave JJ to prove out, just for the sake of salvaging our recruiting chances if we're to have any future. But it look's like we gotta step up our level of player if we're going to truly compete any more.

Comment

Chow need to be given the time for his recruits to develop. I'll wear the hat of the Fred von Appen fan. How can we expect a coach to work with players that never learned or understand his style and system? von Appen only coached two years. "His players" never got to play.

If UH bring in a new coach (with a different style) the same thing will happen. The up coming players are used to the Chow system, and would continue to suck for the next two years.

Mac had it easy. Don't rock the boat. JJ did all the work as far as recruiting. I would say his era was rather "successful."

Comment

Working...
                      X