Sudoku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sudoku

Anybody get this past Sunday's puzzle done? I've been told by an anonymous emailer (my first email from the puzzle-solving public!) that this one was too difficult to be "Kapiolani Boulevard."
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      Anybody get this past Sunday's puzzle done? I've been told by an anonymous emailer (my first email from the puzzle-solving public!) that this one was too difficult to be "Kapiolani Boulevard."
      Yes this puzzle was one heck of a challenge. If I can't get it done in 45 minutes, I have to put it down and be a wife and a mom, cook meals, clean the house, write and edit, etc. It's a guilty pleasure to spend more than 15 minutes on something for me and this puzzle stretched that a bit. So I had to shelve it Mitchell. I guess for you that's a good thing?

I always get a kick out of finding a place for the numbers that aren't actually on the grid.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
        So I had to shelve it Mitchell. I guess for you that's a good thing?
        I don't think so. I am not aiming for the sudoku masters, who know where to find their puzzles. I'm aiming for the casual sudoku puzzler and for the beginner, so I'm hoping MOSTLY for puzzles that challenge, but are solvable before people give up.

Anyway, I think I know why people had problems, so I'm going to post a little lesson sometime this week.

ps: thanks so much for the feedback!
        Last edited by scrivener; April 10, 2006, 11:00 PM. Reason: "who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?"
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Sudoku is against my religion, but I thought it was way cool that Scrivener has a gig in the 'Bull... just saw it the other day... Cheers, dude!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Make that Kapiolani Boulevard...during rush hour. Took me about 15 minutes to get it done, a good challenge though.
            http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Keith! Have I met you? I mean, before the HT picnic? I could have sworn I'd met you before, and I probably gave you the creeps because I kept staring at you and trying to figure it out.

Oh, this is off topic again. Sorry!

I'm too chatty tonight, I guess.
              Last edited by MadAzza; April 11, 2006, 10:51 PM. Reason: damn, off topic again!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                Keith! Have I met you? I mean, before the HT picnic? I could have sworn I'd met you before, and I probably gave you the creeps because I kept staring at you and trying to figure it out.

Could be Keith Haugen! Hawaiiana Expert Extraordinaire!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Sudoku can be an addictive puzzle and the fact that some of the posters here post at times when they should be sleeping makes me wonder if they just can't put down that sheet of paper and get some rest

I started one Sudoku puzzle but after a half hourI decided I have more important things to do such as change that low-hanging diaper on my 2-year old who needed a diaper change half an hour ago.

If I'm going to toil over something, I think I'd rather day trade and get money out of it at the same time.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Mel (and other fellow Mac addicts),

For those times when you have no connection to the internet, but are carrying your PowerBook, you can play Sudoku on the Sudoku Dashboard Widget. This can be downloaded at
                    http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashb...okuwidget.html

The new 1.5 version has lots of cool improvements on the original version and even lets you keep track of high scores.

I had talked about my addiction to Sudoku on the air last year, and for Christmas I got 4 handheld electronic Sudoku games and several Sudoku books. Ah, the power of radio.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza

Hmmm...good question, maybe...but if so, I must be having early-onset Alzheimer's 'cause I'm coming up empty.

If you do figure it out, let me know.

Comment

ROTFL! I wish I were! But nope, I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                          Mel (and other fellow Mac addicts),

For those times when you have no connection to the internet, but are carrying your PowerBook, you can play Sudoku on the Sudoku Dashboard Widget. This can be downloaded at
                          http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashb...okuwidget.html

The new 1.5 version has lots of cool improvements on the original version and even lets you keep track of high scores.

I had talked about my addiction to Sudoku on the air last year, and for Christmas I got 4 handheld electronic Sudoku games and several Sudoku books. Ah, the power of radio.
                          Hi Paul...yes the power of radio! Hmmmm maybe you should be talking about that new house on Hawaii Loa Ridge you'd love to own one day

Someone should put Sudoko in the school math curricullum and get the kids hooked on paper games instead of video games.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith H.
                            ROTFL! I wish I were! But nope, I'm not.
                            No, you're not! Your this skinny punahou grad with a great little webpage! love it!
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

No, I know Keith Haugen. Not him. This Keith just looked really familiar to me.

Comment

Despite watching everyone at work doing these puzzles and printing extra copies from the newspaper so everybody in the lounge can try, I'm deliberately staying away from Sukoku puzzles. I'm addicted to enough other things as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X