Sudoku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sudoku

Well...I was way off in predicting the trivia question in today's "Scrivener's Sudoku" in the SB. I was completely off base. And even though I'm usually part of this annual event, I have to say: I have no clue! Other than the fact that there are plenty of 'em!

Comment

Coming up with new trivia questions that fit the format is getting more and more difficult, so I thought I'd focus for a while on annual events and cultural agencies, such as the Pro Bowl, the marathon, the Girl Scouts, and the Aloha United Way. If anyone has ideas for other questions of this sort (with non-commercial references), I'd love it if you'd pass them on!
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Flushable Sudoku

Scriv, you've got competition

Comment

Re: Flushable Sudoku

Finally, a venue worthy of my talents...
          It's too bad I've given the SB rights of first refusal.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Competitive sudoku? Sudoku Combat!

Comment

Hey. If anyone still has the crossword-puzzle page of Sunday's Star-Bulletin, could you look at my Sudoku puzzle and tell me what the trivia question looks like? I need the question and the answer-part, where there are blanks for the numbers to be written. Thanks!

ps: The print version, not the online version.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Star-Bulletin gave you the opportunity to put your puzzles in the paper, and you don't subscribe?

Auwe...

Comment

oooooh, busted!
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I thought they might have at least comped you one...

Comment

Woo Scrivener!!! (SB Sudoku)

http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/27/features/sudoku.html

I've heard about this game for months and just now am starting to read Scrivener's beginner tut!
                      Last edited by EastCoastTropics; August 27, 2006, 02:17 AM.
                      Lovena

Comment

Ahh...I need to finish that tutorial...

Let me know if you need some help beyond what that tutorial covers.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

interesting story: Sudoku players hold first national championship

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071020/us_nm/usa_sudoku_dc
                          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

since i kicked scriv's shin earlier today, i thought i'd make nice by sharing this:

sudoku cube! =)

Serious Sudoku gamers, you'll love Sudoku Cube! While it features billions of combinations - there's actually only one solution. You can solve 18 different Sudoku puzzles simultaneously on the cube. There are six vertical across three sides (3 + 3 + 3), six horizontal across three sides and six regional - one on each side. Includes Sudoku cube and instruction booklet, solve and history of Sudoku. Also includes 50 new 2-D Sudoku puzzles. Measures 2.25" x 2.25" x 2.25".

This is a very wonderful "secret Santa" or "white elephant" game in the office, or perfect for a stocking stuffer for your sister in Sudoku challenges! No peeling the stickers off!

Price: $8.99 at Amazon.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

That's a cool cube. I have two that are similar but not as well-thought-out, both gifts from students.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Star Advertiser is carrying Universal Sodoku. Any other paper is carrying that?

I know The Garden Island doesn't.

Been doing it for the last 2 months, with being able to finish the 3 star puzzles.

Comment

Working...
                                X