Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Calling All Seahawk Fans!!!

Here's a little factoid about the Steelers logo: it doesn't even belong to the Steelers! The 3 "diamond" thingies apparently are owned by the American Iron and Steel Institute, and it wasn't meant to be owned by Pittsburgh (there are other places that produced steel). The Steelers had to get permission to modify the logo and change the name from "Steel" to "Steelers".

The Seahawks logo is modeled after the osprey, hawk or eagle in a quasi-NW Coast Indian motif. I think the franchise's fortunes started to change in 2002, when the current logo was adopted showing a hawk with a bad attitude. Up until that time, the hawk looked kinda like a patsy (his eyes got narrower and meaner in the redo).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

SUPERBOWL XL... XL = "Extra Large" .... A recent player on the Hawks team.

Seahawks 28
      Stoolers 17

Write it down...

And pomai... I didn't know you were one closet stooler!!!
      Last edited by damontucker; February 3, 2006, 05:53 PM. Reason: quoting a player heard on TV

Comment

At this time toomorrow night, I hope I'm in a good mood!

Contemplating Red Lion and/or SkyBox for the game.

Go Hawks 28 -17

Comment

Too funny, I had to share it

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart...erparties.html
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

I never thought that this day would ever happen in my life!

28 - 17 Hawks

Nuff said

Talkings done...let the game do the talking from here on.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
              Gee, the cartoonists took this "family newspaper" thing a little too far, didn't they? Despite the caption, I see no "cleavage" in the drawing!
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                Gee, the cartoonists took this "family newspaper" thing a little too far, didn't they? Despite the caption, I see no "cleavage" in the drawing!
                I concur, it was a bit racy . Also I did see some cleavage in the drawing
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  I'm originally from the Northwest... so I have a weak spot in my heart for my Hawks.

This is there best season ever, and they have never even played in a Superbowl before.

If they happen to go to the superbowl... I'm thinking of a Hawaii "Seahawk" Bowl party somewhere....

Any other Seahawk fans on this board?

Anyone remember...Jack Patera, Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg, Kenny Easley, Michael Jackson (yes...that was his name), Sherman Smith, Steve Largent, Effran Herrera, Curt Warner, the Boz (ouch), Chuck Knox?

Am I forgetting anyone??? they haven't been around for that long.
                  Well as you know by now... we lost...

We must keep our heads up and realize that this was a magical season.

Yes, there were a couple controversial calls during the game...however, as a Seahawk fan, I can truly say we got out played. (I lost a little pocket money and a car-wash)

We have a good team and will be around for a few more years.

It was a good superbowl... it would have been...win/lose or tie... just because the Seahawks were in it.

Those of us in Hawaii now that are from the Northwest... know how much this meant for us to just be in the superbowl.

It has been a fun run....

Thank you all for contributing to this post for the last month or so....

Next up.... GO SONICS and MARINERS

Comment

How'd ya like that! That game was paid off I would say! Seahawks are the real winners!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikake
                      How'd ya like that! That game was paid off I would say! Seahawks are the real winners!
                      sorry pikake -

we must be good sports about this...they won fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        sorry pikake -

we must be good sports about this...they won fair and square.
                        Our 1st TD we made was fair and square. The game was rigged. It's always rigged. I am being a good sport...wish they'd be too.

Comment

It was one of the better Super Bowls I've seen in recent memory.
                          It wasn't blow-out, it was acutally kinda close. But the Seahawks
                          shouldn't get down over this loss, they still had a magical season.
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                            It was one of the better Super Bowls I've seen in recent memory.
                            It wasn't blow-out, it was acutally kinda close. But the Seahawks
                            shouldn't get down over this loss, they still had a magical season.
                            That was sweet...thank you!

Comment

Shows how much you actually know about football...

Originally posted by Pikake
                              Our 1st TD we made was fair and square. The game was rigged. It's always rigged. I am being a good sport...wish they'd be too.

Comment

Oh my what am i to do in 2008???

My Beloved WSU cougars are playing my Alma Matter!!!

"The Hawaii football team will play a 3-game series with Washington State beginning in 2008.

UH, which came to an agreement to play Oregon State in 2006 earlier this week, is also working on one more game for the upcoming season."

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4201

Comment

Working...
                                X