Super Bowl XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Bowl XL

Doesn't really matter that the Hicks didn't win (I didn't lose any money); the mere fact that they made it as far as they did is good enough for a lot of fans here. We're giving them a welcome home at Qwest Field in about an hour. Last night, everybody was saying, "Wait 'til next year." I hope so. They have lots to build on. Hope they can hold on to Shaun for another year! Too bad we had to play against the Steelers AND the refs!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Well, scrivener and LikaNui both favored Pittsburgh by 11 points, 28-17, so I'd say they nailed it.
      The next time Lika and I agree on something, everyone should please remember this and just agree with us already.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        The next time Lika and I agree on something, everyone should please remember this and just agree with us already.
        I agree.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          I agree.

I find it interesting that Lika and Scriv are so close on the total post numbers that they probably don't even realize how alike they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            I find it interesting that Lika and Scriv are so close on the total post numbers that they probably don't even realize how alike they really are.
            Gasp! Twin sons from different mothers?!!!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Sure, you can see the similarity just by comparing our avatars!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Gasp! Twin sons from different mothers?!!!
                Actually, we're triplets. Our other sibling is...
                Never mind. We were sworn never to tell.

Comment

Go and watch XL again...If you truly know how American football is played and know the books then you should agree and admit that the Steelers had a paper win XL "victory".
                  The Steelers had a fraudulent win...a tainted "victory". The game was not fair and square...and for all you Seahawkers who spent thousands of dollars on a game that was predetermined by the refs should seek a class action law suit against NFL.
                  All you Steelers did exactly that...theif! Don't forget to thank your refs.

Last edited by Pikake; February 7, 2006, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikake
                    Go and watch XL again...If you truly know how American football is played and know the books then you should agree and admit that the Steelers had a paper win XL "victory".
                    The Steelers had a fraudulent win...a tainted "victory". The game was not fair and square...and for all you Seahawkers who spent thousands of dollars on a game that was predetermined by the refs should seek a class action law suit against NFL.

The refs certainly killed momentum, but I would also say that the Seahawks didn't convert when they had chances which certainly didn't help. The Stellers didn't beat the Seahawks, the Seahawks beat the Seahawks. Josh Brown missed two field goals. Had he made those field goals and DJ Hackett holds onto the ball in the end zone or the Jackson interference call wasn't made it would have been Seahawks 23 Steelers 21 even with Pittsburg's razzle-dazzle. I think the biggest X factor was Jeremy Stevens who dropped the ball so many times wide open it hurt. They put Ryan Hannum in because Stevens dropped so many.

Sign Alexander, and be prepared to root for them next year in Miami. We should all go together to the NFC Championship in Seattle next year...there's nothing like it!!

What we have to work on now is to get enough fans together at a certain place to get a fan club going at each sunday game.

Comment

By Tim Keown

Psst, he’s from Pittsburgh…

A questionable pass interference call goes against Seattle? Someone might think it curious to discover the official (Bob Waggoner) who made the call is from Pittsburgh. But here in Conspiracy Nation, that news is simply received with a raised eyebrow and a knowing nod.

Comment

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html

Comment

Man. I was rooting for Seattle, but the more after-the-fact protests I read out there, the less I feel for them. Bad officiating is a factor in all games, but so is bad football playing. There might have been some bad calls on Sunday, but the Seahawks' worst enemies were themselves. I think even they know that.

It's over. Work on getting back to the next Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikake
                            Well, I was pulling for the Clippers that day and thought A Rod shoulda been named MVP. Pikake, you have an incredible amount of passion and anger. Red chiclets notwithstanding, is there any chance you can direct this passionate anger into something that's completely and totally worthwhile and fulfilling; causes such as domestic or child abuse, homelessness, hunger, any number of medical causes, etc. It's a shame to see such energy go to waste.

Comment

Everyone here at HT know's I bleed Hawk blue...

I sure wish all of us Hawk fans would quit complaining already.

A true fan would look to the future and forget about a few missed calls.

I lost a few bucks... so what... I have 2006/7 season to look forward too.

At least now the Seahawks have been to the big dance once.... and maybe next time...we will learn from our mistakes...

(By the way... one of the ref's from the game was actually from pittsburg ) Maybe next time... will have a ref from Seattle???

But that is just the way the ball bounces...

And we all need to just realize it's a freaking game!

Comment

All the arm chair quarterbacking in the world isn't going to change the outcome at this point. Move on, nothing to see here! But wait till next year!

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X